In the end, OW2 is just a monetization update

Ehh I hate to break it to you, but OW1 never got a new main game mode. that never happened.

1 Like

I wish, I hope that we could. Get ow1 and our money back, but get ow1 as we lost it (without trash from ow2)

2 Likes

I smell Team Cherry? I mean, they made a masterpiece (Hollow Knight). But now let them focus on Silksong.

Nah, that’s not how that works. You don’t get to release bad products and then scam people while saying you need more money to develop a lie. No Mans Sky devs remade the entire game for free.

Adding new things to a game is stupid cheap and they’ve literally added 3 heroes or something and that’s it. Changing the lighting in some maps take like 10 minutes and making maps (OW ones anyway) shouldn’t take much more than a few days, a week or two to add decor.

I’ve freelanced as a map maker for servers in CSS, CSGO, TF2, HL:DM and UE3/4 games and it really isn’t that difficult once you have an engine, which they do

2 Likes

Archives event? Yeah, that one was the best. Now they will just downgrade every hero beacuse of new (garbage) ones.

1 Like

Beloved Lootboxes, the one thing other games (in that type) should have. The took them, the ware in Top 5 most important (and loved) things.

2 Likes

Once game of the year with a really dedicated fanbase with lots of fanart, cosplays, fanfiction, bought merchandise etc…

2 Likes

They are almost second EA at this point. History likes to repeat itself huh?

1 Like

Same, all memories and fun ruined. Someone also in despair and grief?

2 Likes

Agreed, also events too. Archives must return (as we lost it).

1 Like

Sorry to be snarky, but biggest “DUH” heard around the world.

It was released to re-invent the store, and try to and revitalize interest in the league by switching to 5v5.

Not enough people would’ve cared to tune into the league without a big change up like that.

1 Like

Content creators spewing that going F2P is the move. Well we got our F2P model to save the population alright.

1 Like

Most content creators thought F2P would mean having a similar style of monetization to Fortnite, not OW2 being one if not the worst monetization of these modern F2P competative titles.
Fortnite has a BP that costs $8 and only needs to be bought once and be renewed for free every single season for years. The skin prices are between $4-9 in Fortnite compared to OW2 $15-19.

Lastly Fortnite doesn’t try to mislead people into spending more money than necessary for the cosmetics they want. In Fortnite you can buy individial items and are not forced to buy bundles compared to OW2 were they hide the option of using “credits” and buying individual cosmetics in the shop and you have to go to the hero gallery to do so which not many people know you can do, especially not with OW2 store cosmetics.

1 Like

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhherm. samesies.

“Lastly, i fail to see why all of this couldn’t be incorporated into Overwatch 1 as DLC or Add-on. I strongly urge the development team to keep overwatch 1 and 2 seperate games.
If not, hope you have contingencies in place if 5v5 fails to take off.
Ideally just a Quickplay Classic²-Classic-ier option within the Arcade menu.”

1 Like

Not really true. Live service games(like OW1 was) get out on pause and delay/slow updates and content really regularly.

Some get killed off completely.

The only thing Overwatch is good for anymore is NSFW content.

1 Like

No wonder Jeff left.

1 Like

omg I can’t believe I bought a 4090 for this.

3 Likes

It’s hard to believe this game went from Game Of The Year to this.

9 Likes

I’ve been playing since beta and this is definitely the final nail in the coffin. Unenjoyable as a free game and you can’t even pay for any enjoyment. Straight garbage

2 Likes