In the end, OW2 is just a monetization update

With the removal of story hero missions and hero trees, and now any future PVE content as of March 22 2024, what was the point of not updating Overwatch 1 for nearly 3-4 years?

So, taking into account OW2 in general, we’ve basically gotten our free, earnable skins taken away, 6v6 reduced to 5v5, several elements of little things that gave OW1 its charm (On fire meter, borders, voting at the end, LFG, general chat, etc.), ….all removed.

And what did we gain? A battle pass (One that doesn’t even give you coins to buy the next one that most f2p models use), old and new skins slapped with a 20$ price tag, and the blatantly obvious monetized events.

What a disappointment. This is such a waste.

303 Likes

agreed, i’m very disappointed

25 Likes

I hate to say it people.

We’ve been Blizzed.

97 Likes

The worst part is that we lost OW1 in the process.

137 Likes

pretty much its a transformation of what how the market is now with their competitors. im surprised it took them that long. probably because they calculated they could make a profit with this game too and not just call of duty. although I AM SURE call of duty is their bread basket. dont know how people can spend money on that game. to me its so boring

2 Likes

Yea… it feels like a big insult to those that waited for ow2… to just be a bad pvp revamp and to neuter pve… why make it a sequel its barely like overwatch 1 in the first place.

5 Likes

Overpromised 2, I guess it’s my fault for trusting a developer.

11 Likes

Overwatch should have been thought of as a live service game from day one. If it were, they never would have paused updates. It sucks that it took them so long to figure it out, but what’s done is done.

2 Likes

They’ve fallen from grace, way too far

6 Likes

Someone at Blizzard needs to go down for this, for all the lies.

11 Likes

Can we sue them now?

6 Likes

I think thats the biggest loss here

5 Likes

Yeah it’s not just a monetization update. It’s deletion of the actual good game OW1, and downgrade to an inferior product with monetization on that.

If they had just kept OW1 and tossed their monetization model on that, the game would be in much much better standing.

37 Likes

Easy uninstall at this point

13 Likes

Once again the “doomers” have been proven right

… Who saw that coming?

18 Likes

Basicly a scam… and all that content creator hyped for the ow future? s**tshow…

10 Likes

I use to until I remembered that the game is made every year and none of the skins I buy will be in the next one and I’m not playing warzone ever so. They got the money out of me with Cold War but never again

1 Like

Called it a year ago.

6 Likes

Blizzard and related names really just can’t do anything right, huh?

2 Likes

People will never learn……

For the umpteenth time on here

The monetization model they have gone with (otherwise known as f2p) has absolutely ZERO to do with the amount of content the game receives….that is how they sell you on the idea….reality is it just exists to make more money….that’s literally all they care about when you go this route

And now you’re seeing (yet again) the end results of this….

Congratulations to everybody who wanted (and continues to enable) them to go this route

19 Likes