In the end, I was right about RQ

Goats were rare at low and mid ranks even when they were meta.

wtf are you talking about? LMAO, no they dont

Anybody with an IQ over 40 could have told them RQ would ruin the game.
And all 5 of us did :smiley:
Regrettably there were thousands of low IQ idiots who cheered for it.
And they just make for more gullible customers.

1 Like

interms of skill and quality 2-2-2 is far more testing.

But it does have all the issues you mentioned.For the casual player its just a huge limitation interms of fun, time spent in game.

Without RQ a harassed zen can go sombra and harass the doom, it may not be skillfull but its fun instead of begging for peels from teammates who tell you to swap to moira brig.

There was a lot more flexibility to change the outcome of the match and fill in the gaps of a team if you are flex player.

1 Like

how wasn’t that the case 3 years ago when convincing your teammates to switch off of dps was more important in determining the winner than the actual gameplay?

It was still better than no limits.
The issue is that “better” is not good enough.

222 fixed:

• Tanks do not need to be balanced and playable for 1/4/1 AND 3/3 with 222.
  • 222 removed bad quality solo healer/tank games.
  • QPC means people feel forced to pick tanks/healers when they didnt want to and didnt choose to beforehand.
  • 222 removed many of the old “i can tell we’re gonna lose before we even left spawn” games where 4 people all decided to throw because they couldnt all pick Genji.
1 Like

They may have been complaining but they weren’t leaving in droves nor was the game’s population / viewership heavily declining. Keep in mind, the game has been stagnant since 2018 with less new content yet the player-base was relatively stable. OW at it’s peak was reported with over 50~ million players and a year later in 2019’s Blizzcon Jeff said 50 million. It’s only been in the last year that the number has decreased to 10 million.

Can’t post links. But if you look it up, Jeff said at Blizzcon 2019’s opening ceremony there was a community of “over 50 million active players” and in Blizzard’s Q3 of 2020 they reported “10 million monthly active”

Not to mention you can look up how much the OW league viewership has declined + the viewership on Twitch. During a Pandemic when a lot of people have more free time. Multiple other online games of a similar genre to OW have grown during the pandemic but OW hasn’t and in fact has decreased in playerbase. If that doesn’t tell you something about the state of the game, nothing will.

Less options = less meta diversity.

Heavily debatable, obviously. Lol.

It’s there if you look up the earnings reports released by the company.

Yup. I’ve been playing mostly tank/support since launch and tanking actually became my favorite when 2-2-2 was implemented because it felt so good not having to solo tank and always having 2 healers. However, now it has reached a point in which I actively avoid the tank queue while my time on DPS is drastically climbing. All they have managed to do with their changes is to chase off the original tank players while not attracting any new ones either. They resort to all types of “rewards” to try and lure people in but it doesn’t fix the fundamental problems. They have done way too drastic changes for original tank players to feel at home anymore while also doing these changes so late to the game’s life cycle that it’s very hard to get people from other roles to give a damn either. Any beneficial changes for tanks (e.g. toning down tank busting) has taken them forever and has occasionally even gotten worse.

I mean sigma is still up their ranking wise. D.va is in a decent state, however they probably need slight boost to something that isn’t her DM.

Orisa is a design mess and most likely needs a slight rework to not be overbearing and meta at the same time.

Winston, i’m not sure off. He kind of has been relegated to an off tank swap for specific situations.

be it that stat wise winston is in the bet spot he has ever been.

222 allowed us to have a third shield tank. Imagine triple shield comps.

… And it never did…

So good job to those 5… ““High - IQ”” players! :rofl:

I mean… RQ is still way better than normal OW which meant 4-5 DPS players and 1 tank (sometimes another DPS player) and 1 healer.

I think people is missing the point, the problem with a game like OW is the people themselves and right now balance as well.

1. People are trying to play a HEAVILY TEAM RELIANT GAME ALONE! This should not be the case at all. That is why at high level or at least from masters and up, 6 stacks should be the norm and not the exception. At the very least 4 man stacks should be the rule to keep the level of gameplay.

Team work is KEY on this game, and as much as you want to be the next E-sports face, OWL has FULL TEAMS for a REASON.

1. Balance should have immediately shifted since role queue was meant to separate people into roles. Thus, they should have addressed tanks, DPS and then healers since those are the most prominent and impactful roles. Also, as powerful as a healer could be, I have yet to see one healer one shotting or full healing a tank with one button.

The only roles capable of one shotting are the tanks and the DPS, so dmg and play style should have been addressed properly. Sad part is Blizz focused so much in the OWL that they forgot about the actual game and its playerbase, which is why A LOT of us left and never looked back.

1 Like

I found the quote. He said that Overwatch reached 50 million players after 3 years.

Very important difference between this line and “50 million active users”.

Yes certainly Twitch/YouTube/etc. viewership can be an indication of how well a game’s doing and it’s true that of Overwatch has only been declining after its peak in 2020.

Well before RQ it wasn’t as if pros were picking anything else than the normal 3 META comps…

• DPS times got a solution of sorts( Passes), and you have OQ QP+Comp if you insist
  • It hasn’t created any divide that hasn’t existed before in the least
  • The game IS balanced around 2-2-2 and has been before it was even turned on

There is no issue here now except for bitter OQ dead-enders who cannot accept reality.

When people try to tell me OQ is the better game, I go to it, and its just disorganized junk to play now, and when you try to encourage teamwork or swapping to make some kind of rationale comp people tell you to go to RQ :roll_eyes:

They know its clown college mode in OQ.

2 Likes

Of course. I said the same thing. People were going all: “I’d be okay with a longer queue if it means I get a balanced team” and what happened? DPS mains smurfing as tanks/supports for fast DPS queue and Jeff needing to add some passes.

This should’ve been obvious to everyone, seeing how there’s more DPS characters than tanks and supports put together. Instead, last hero we got was hinted as a support, but ended up another hyper-mobile burst DPS who can give her team a third tank.

1 Like

Anyone with common sense knew that was going to happen.

That existed long before 2-2-2. People whining about Tanks and Supports so much that we’ve had rework after rework and a laundry list of nerfs. Now Tank and Support especially Tank are the least desirable roles play in the game. If this game had a healthy population of Tank and Support players queue times would be almost non-existent. But those players got driven away cause certain players just wanna do nothing but pew pew and kill people. They moan incessantly to nerf anything that stops that until they get their way. Which has been witnessed time after time to the point where it’s clear the devs are listening to these players for some reason. So a lot of Tank and Support players saw the writing on the wall and decided to leave the game.

Still has yet to happen since they keep listening to whiners.

The devs launched RQ as though the game (and hero roster) was primed and ready for such a change; they claimed that they worked on RQ for over a year.

Role Queue in-game representation: DPS 33% | Tanks 33% | Supports 33%
Actual hero roster: DPS 53% | Tanks 25% | Supports 22%

OW is a game with unique heroes, so having a disproportionate number of DPS heroes is going to attract a disproportional number of players to the role just for the variety alone; you can’t pick Sym on Support, Mei on Tank, etc.

It’d be like if we changed the rules of hockey to stipulate a maximum of 2 forwards, 2 defense, and 2 goalies on the ice at any one time; like, okay, but all the teams were built to play 3 forwards all the time, so now teams have way too many forwards and not enough of the others. Solutions? Why don’t we move some forwards to defense? Blizzard: just let the excess forwards wait.

The only explanation is low effort.

1 Like

They do, happens all the time on the forum. Or maybe you don’t get what I am saying.

I’ve gotten death threats for maining DPS.

tank are less desirable because of role queue, because you can’t switch if you need more dps or heals. 2-2-2 is the biggest joke because of queue times highlighted by blizzards priority pass system. Which is another bandaide on an already broken system. The games concept was about hero switching as needed, which they moved away from for 2-2-2, which in my opinion was for OWL rather than any other incentive. I will not play role queue ever tried it don’t like it. Not being able to play 2/3 of the role a game isn’t fun, made more frustrating when you are match with incompetence. Incompetency being subjective when put with pugs because everyone thinks they are better then they are me included. I think people on my team are usually trash which may rise or fall based on there actions in the game, just like others might see me as trash that is the nature of matchmaking and putting random people together.