Im reporting every smurf until the issue gets fixed

Not false, and you can get a punishment for false reporting

Just to say one of the most hypocrite smurf logic:

‘‘bUt yOu lEaRn mOrE vS bEtTer pLaYeRs’’

then they go on a new acc and get matched vs lower rank , instead to stay on their main where they get those said better players.

logic

6 Likes

lol who ate all your cookies bro?

Not all new accounts are smurfs, and not all low level accounts that beat you are smurfs. I can understand being so upset about losing that you simply report people better than you, though, even if I don’t agree with it

2 Likes

May I ask how you tell someone is a smurf to justify the report?

if they’re wrecking you in every game that means they’re playing to their full ability and they’ll soon outrank you and you won’t see them anymore. there’s nothing reportable about that

1 Like

I hate to sound like an old geezer but many games didn’t include skill base matchmaking of any kind, many even today don’t even bother to in any mode that isn’t competitively monitored.

And in a lot of titles you simply played the game with whoever was online. sometimes you have the aimbot like players that might as well be playing a different game, while others are were new and had little idea of what they were doing.

Most you found were well in between. But the sheer variety of players that got to interact with each other made the community grow as a whole. Where a lot of games now have little skill bubbles that people simply will never want to move out of.

And will just complain the moment a individual is remotely better to them joins the game.

2 Likes

The issue is never going to be fixed, at this point Blizzards money grabbing should be painfully obvious, once the product is out there they don’t care about quality unless they’re drastically losing players, they’re never going to deal with smurfs because it’d be spending money to lessen their income, its not going to happen, it and various other things make the game look like an absolute joke but it is what it is, Blizzard are money grabbing suck artists, they always have been, they always will be.

1 Like

how can you tell or record they’re a smurf? it’s not like this is the only fps game out there. could even just be reporting a guy for having a really good match.

1 Like

I don’t mind smurfs or even losing. But what I have been running into lately is a little different than what you are experiencing. I’m just wondering if you may have run into these kinds of players as well. They spawn camp you but don’t even get on point. They purposely keep the score at 0/0 because they want players to get discouraged, leave, and then get the penalty for doing so. This kind of gameplay should not be allowed.

2 Likes

If u didn’t care you wouldn’t be reporting smurfs for the sole reason they are better than u. It seems like you do care

1 Like

I also report them in most of my games

2 Likes

Most older shooters had more than 6 players per team, or less focus on objectives

Someone rl ego is really low I see :slight_smile: but nice bait, I give you a 7 and a flag for your effort

That is definitely true, but it’s about skill levels here. Higher skilled players still determined a win or loss in a classic deathmatch cuz they were just farming “the nubs”, and the lower skilled players had to adapt to it, find crafty ways to hide or shut down the high skilled player(s).

In my experience, in pre-matchmaking games, less skilled players that were constantly curbstomped ended up leaving the server and looking for another one.

Also, in most team-based cases you could switch teams, so people frequently tried to manually balance it.

2 Likes

Yeah but you get it, why should you trust Jeff, he doesn’t have your best interest in mind.

1 Like

We are like Don Quixote fighting the wind mills. I just found out that console players can create multiple free accounts. We can’t defeat the system. Smurfs are allowed and heavily supported in this game.

Honest players, casual players, paying players, new players, are all just cannon fodder for their smurf farming. With all honesty, in my humble opinion, the game is dead and heavily overrated.

2 Likes

Yeah, people just conveniently forget about them XD

I have a potential solution to the smurf report system if Blizzard is willing to take it (they won’t for financial reasons).

Currently, smurfs will intentionally play poorly until they get level 25 and they periodically derank afterwards. The problem with the current system is that you can only report for gameplay sabotage but you can’t tell if a player is new or if they are a smurf so analysing one game at a time is not sufficient, hence why no one can report a smurf for deranking to become the smurf who stomped them.

I feel that the game shouldn’t need you to report players, the game should automatically pick up on suspicious behaviour or at least have a feature where players can ask the system to check a player’s history to decide if they are smurfing based on the sharp changes in the skill they display.

A side strategies could be to increase the price of the game since $20 is nothing to most of the middle class. Another strategy could be to increase the level required to enter competitive or to survey behaviour (most new players don’t play competitive play as soon as they hit level 25 so it should be flagged as suspicious).

As a side note, I am pretty sure there is a cheating problem, I encounter an undeniable aimbot in every 30 or so games and I have only every received 1 green report feedback so it doesn’t seem to be detectable. Another side note may be to check the average number of alt accounts each player purchases, if they purchase 1 or 2, Blizzard can just say “that’s their second account, they won’t buy anymore, we got the money, we can ban them now” and ban all of a player’s accounts for smurfing (also, players who verbally abuse on alts should receive the punishment on all their accounts). This may help reduce financial loss if Blizzard decides to take a more ethical path.

Wanted to just play tonight
 had them in all but one game. It’s just beyond ridiculous that a company that tries to tout pLaY NiCe PlaY FAir allows the game to be played, no, manipulated like this by one set of players, ruining the game for the others.
And the problem will get worse, because they just ignore it. More smurfs buy more cheap accounts when they go on sale, and more regular, casual, and honest players give up.
I hope the day comes when the only playerbase left is the few smurfs that play to troll and stomp, but it’s not enough to make OW a success anymore, along with the other issues that go ignored. That’s honestly what the people in charge deserve at this point.

2 Likes