Im reporting every smurf until the issue gets fixed

I’d say it’s dumb to report every new account in this game that plays above average.

But then again nobody new buys this game anymore lol.
That 40 million player claim is 75% smurf accounts for sure.

1 Like

Smurfs = game cheaters hackers. Both need PRISON.

Yeah, we should even consider death penalty by guillotine for them! lolol

Cellmate 1: “Hey man, what are you in here for?”
Cellmate 2: “I stabbed a father of 3 to death a day before Christmas. What about you?”
Cellmate 1: “I bought a second account to play Overwatch on”.
Cellmate 2: “Oh…” Moves away

Later that day

Cellmate 2: “You see that scrawny guy over there? He bought a smurf account on Overwatch”
Prison gang leader: “GET HIM BOYS”

4 Likes

i dont like it either but its not really getting in the way of me having fun with the game. im also realistic in the fact that there will NEVER be a solution, i mean i wish there was but… lol. i dont see blizzard doing anything about it.

i rather have them concentrate on overwatch 2, more content, maybe a singleplayer game with lore elements, more cinematics and plenty of other neat features actually

i believe for sure tho that most brand new accounts arent brand new players lmao. they are most likely alt accounts. i can imagine playing this game for the first time against hardcore veterans. even low-skilled veterans can give fresh newbies a hard time

I already explained this on another thread.

It’s only an issue if they are purposely throwing. If so report them.

Here is another person who is almost certainly false reporting partially because the word “smurf” is worthless and doesn’t describe the actual issue!!

You need to be reporting derankers and boosters. The level of the account doesn’t necessarily mean they are deranking or boosting.

You are one whiny entitled child, you know that?

No isn’t a mistake.

Some type of players can’t accept there are someone better of them.

Cheating accusation was the first, smurf is only the last excuse for players can’t accept there are someone better.

Technical Skill !== Game Sense.

Someone who swings over from another game still won’t know counters, good combos, strats, etc. They might be decent at some characters that are similar in playstyle to things they’re used to, but they can’t carry or significantly impact a game without knowing who to target, who to avoid, etc.

3 Likes

I mean it’s hilariously obvious when someone is a level 25 Widow who never misses and knows exactly where all the sightlines are

It’s also pretty obvious when someone is throwing

Smurfs are cowards and cheaters who can’t handle fair competition, and don’t care that they are ruining the game for hundreds of other players

8 Likes

So then are you gonna report yourself because then that qualifies as smurfing :thinking: :thinking:

You know what? This should be endorsed. Not only would it help solve the smurfing problem, but it also makes Blizzard money because smurfs can’t go a few months without buying another account. The level of smurf tears on the forums lately for being called out is delicious and it’ll only get better once they start to have their own game ruined in the same way. Every smurf I’ve met has been in denial over how much damage they cause, and they fully deserve to face the consequences of what they’re doing to the game.

If you’re too trash to carry in your own rank, then I suggest you follow your own advice and “git gud”. But that might be too much self-reflection that you can expect out of players that refuse to acknowledge what effect they have on the integrity of ladder, out of fear of realizing that maybe what they’re doing isn’t what a half-decent person would ever do.

6 Likes

thats for sure here is an example of a player who has very good aim in other games but has the gamesense of a brand new player since … first time playing overwatch. skills transition from game to game but gamesense knowledge is a big factor too

2 Likes

Maybe on pc. I play on console, and I see at least one or two in every other game I play. Most of the time on the enemy team. The new accounts I see on mine are most certainly new players. I’m fine with alt accounts because the point is to go back to where they belong, but smurfs are downright toxic most of the time. And you know them too, they will openly bm (voiceline spam, tbag) you when they kill you, and all of them have their psn profiles on private, with little to no other games played. Not to mention a lot of them are playing with Xims, which at the very least is reportable. It’s pretty obvious who is smurfing and who isn’t. Usually the new accounts I’ve noticed don’t exhibit that type of behavior.

Hell my last game last night I went up against a whole 3 stack of smurfs. A Widow player (who actually might not have been a very high placed smurf, so I’m reserved about her. Her positionning was bad and she was allowing me to outsnipe her with Torb), a Mccree with the name “Smurfsus” who literally wasn’t missing a shot. And a D.va player who was saying hi everytime she killed someone. I tried picking utility dps to compensate, because I knew I couldn’t outskill them mechanically (the mccree especially). But nothing worked because my team are Gold players so they were capitilizing off our mistakes (Mercy would just play out in the open several times and let Widow kill her). I called it there, because honestly, it’s just not a fun experience and happens way too often. The system is designed for players to play against their skill level. it can’t possibly be enjoyable or a learning experience if deviations to the system happen all the time.

3 Likes

Same, but I think right now my account is silenced cause Smurfs reported me for calling them out as cheaters. It’s the only form of cheating ActiBlizzard allows in OW cause they gave them money to do it.

I doubt we will ever see the smurfs end unless the game servers are shut down.

1 Like

Yes thinking everyone else is stupid is a huge mistake.

I accept some players are better than me? sure, but i’m fine if they’re in the same rank, not some ‘‘alt account’’ who’s ‘‘learning’’ a new hero that he can learn on his first account.

I’m fine if another gold melt me and outplay me? sure, deserved

Not fine if he’s a diamond/master playin in gold because dude is obvious he’s better and I can’t do a single thing, stay on your mains and stop ruining ow once and for all

7 Likes

The question is how do you define a smurf? Someone who is better than you at game? Low level? I can say that you don’t need to be anything crazy to shred people in lower ranks. Some people have even called me a smurf sometimes, because of my relatively low level (260 atm, lower at the time). But, the problem is that this is my main account.

1 Like

Report until you’re blue, Blizzard earn money from smurfs. And one thing is consistent with Blizzard, they don’t do anything that jeopardises their money flow.

3 Likes

Should I not have been allowed to start a PC account, then? Should I not have tried my hardest when leveling up? Because that would have kept my MMR lower than it should’ve been.

Also, quit ruining the report system with false reports. You’re not hurting Blizzard, you’re hurting yourself and other players. We need to focus on throwers/leavers, not people you think are better than they should be.

In other words, you don’t have an argument and you are just mad because you are bad so you are reporting anyone that beats you with an account that is lower level than you are. You are not entitled to win every game you play. Not everything is going to go your way every time. It is hard to believe there are people who do not understand such simple ideas. Is OP 6?

I do the same. Whats the point of a smurf? Its not needed. You smurf then I report.

2 Likes