I'm pretty sure I'll get hate for this (...)

But I actually think I might like this change, and here’s why:

Honestly, I was one of the few people who likes the slower Hanzo arrows too. So, maybe I’m just an “odd duck” when it comes to certain changes. Not surprising, as I’m used to being “the outsider” when it comes to a lot of things

Any way, what do you all think? I’m really interested to hear from other Widow players, as well.

1 Like

If Widow had to be nerfed charge rate was the one I wanted

Agreed. Beats the Hell out of damage. And, honestly, if they did nerf her damage (depending on how bad), they probably would have to buff her charge rate. Because no one would want to play a really slow firing Ashe, you know? And, I’m sure if that happened, people would be even more up in arms that widow could fire more often.

So, yeah, if we’re going to have a change, charge rate is probably the best way to go

Charge rate was the only thing that peeved me about Widow but didn’t care if she got nerfed or not.

Tho I’m questioning the Brig nerfs…

1 Like

Yeah, that… Oh, boy.

honestly, if they were going to nerf her, like they did, then at the very least she should have gotten 50 extra on her barrier

3 Likes

I still want a Shield HP buff to around 250~300HP and bash damage increased to 25. Those two changes are the only ones I really want.

1 Like

Yeah, I would have to agree. As I’ve said in other threads, I feel that having a secondary ability tied to a barrier that only has 200 HP is problematic. Especially, when that ability (Shield Bash), has: extremely low damage, a decently long CD, and a pitiful stun duration

I mean, could you imagine if they tied other abilities to whether or not the hero had their barrier? Like you could only use fire strike if you had barrier health or you could only use halt if you had barrier health. It’s ridiculous.

If they’re going to tie an ability to how much barrier health you have, Then you either need a decent barrier, or the ability needs to be better. Or, a combination of both

My biggest thing about bash is I feel like no melee ability should be doing the same damage as a sleep dart

1 Like

So basically you think, while yes you would have to get use to the change and it will feel slower. Waiting one second is a lot easier to get into the rhythm of. We all naturally know what 1 second is and feels like.

But to counter argue a bit, you shouldn’t be fully charging anyway. You dont need 100% to one shot a dps. Or at all to 2 shot somebody. You only really go to 100% if you’re waiting for a target to appear or you’re shooting a tank.

So you would still be changing up and firing slightly less than a second. This would put your rhythm off.

1 Like

True, But I did point out that the 70% indicator, will now be closer to 3/4 of a second, which would also feel more “natural”, internally.

Thank god snipers are getting toned down.

Maybe all metas won’t revolve around denying their obscene value anymore.

It’s the best one to nerf since if they nerf her damage she would get replaced with Ashe or Hanzo (for the one shot potential) and while she is pretty oppressing in higher ranks she would instantly become a throw pick if you couldn’t one shot with her. If she lost that then why not play mcree or Ashe since they have better kits compared to widow if she had no one shot.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, if they did nerf her damage which would be a stupid idea since she’s a sniper, she would be replaced or barely used if it was that bad.

1 Like

Yeah, exactly. That’s what I was talking to him about. And, if they did reduce her damage a lot, they would have to buff her charge rate too. And, I don’t think people would appreciate widow firing more often from across the map.

But, then again, she has mobility on a long cooldown, and there’s a big glowing red line anytime she fires. So, maybe people would like it, cuz it would probably make her a free kill.

But, then that goes back around to, what about the people who actually want to play the hero and don’t want her to be a throw pick. Especially, in lower ranks and so on.

So, yeah, I feel if we were going to nerf her, charge rate would have been the best idea. And I brought this up before, in other threads that were just bringing their torches and pitchforks toward the hero. This is probably the most sensible nerf they could have made, without making her trash, and with also trying to appease the people that have this perceived notion that she’s overpowered

Well the nerf was mean to effect the pro scene right, this isnt news for anyone at this point. But if you go off their intention of the nerf it really isnt accomplishing anything, widow is already barely picked in OWL and dive is starting to become mor prominent again. In the average players game this nerf will do almost virtually nothing but make players relearn hundreds of hours of muscle memory. If they wanted to nerf her they needed to nerf something else not her charge time. With this going in by the way expect to see the already low pickrate (especially in OWL) of widow go down even further. The only good thing ig is the golds get to celebrate lol, but players in higher brackets even just platinum have some knowhow on dealing with widow. Expect to barely ever see widow. Im going to quote the caster from the dallas vs valiant map “widow being so dominant in these long sightlines a uncontested mcree can be much the same”, now even a contesded mcree is better than widow because he has cc as well. Widow has already been outshined by mcree, mei, hanzo,reaper, doomfist,etc. The only time she is “broken” is in the lower brackets on ladder, otherwise platinum and above people know how to deal with widow. The same logic can be applied to the brig nerf, dive was already becoming more prominent and her pick rate isnt low but not high either. From the looks of it Blizzard are trying to preemtively nerf heroes in preparation for hero pools which just isnt right. They dont want brig being a budget moira when moira is banned and they dont want widow to be suddenly played a lot. OH I forgot to mention Dva has a 3 second cool down on boosters now making diving widow a whole lit easier now. Sym buff was also terrible literally changes nothing, calling it a buff is a joke, by the time you hit someone they will get healed before you can charge your next one up, thats assuming you dont have gold stuck tankss or dps. These changes are doing almost nothing other than pissing people off for good reason. I realize I tried to be the least biased in my assertion there was no point to any of this (since I play widow), but my non dpss friends came to the same conclusion as well. Widow is just unpleasant to play now.

I’m still getting headshoted after I’m being 0.2s in their LoS.
It doesn’t affect her very much since she just campers full-charged and clicks on heads that go out of corners.

Thats impossible you need to wait 0.8 seconds now before one tapping someone. You wont have enough damage otherwise(even with baptist amplification). Also read my post above on the widow nerf. The running theme is everyone plat and below comlain about widow. Like yeah Widow is extremely good, but only if you let her. Once you climb out of silver into border diamond or something like that, Widow is punished a lot with even one mistake.

Yes, because a lot of people timed the rythym of the gun to the clicking sound at the end. Its really hard to explain this over text but Ill give it a go. So if Widows charge time is 1 now, that means you need 1 second to reach 100%, with this you can assume 0.99 seconds is required for 99%. But before you had to wait 0.83 seconds to reach 100%, so if I did my math correctly it took 0.664 seconds to reach 80%(required on tapping percent). So in order to one tap now you must reach(almost reach) the old timing to get to 100% to now get 80% after nerf. And my point in my above post in this thread, was that this nerf was uncalled for and wont do anything other than make us relearn the timing. I dont mind a nerf, but the Widow and Brig nerfs werent needed at this stage of the game. Dive is becoming a lot better and more used now, Dva has bosters on a 3 second cool down now, and she is outshined by most dps. Expect Widow to be extremely rare after this goes in.

I was ecstatic Hanzo finally got a real nerf, though for good Hanzo players it didn’t make much difference, but the proof is how less he is now used in death match (which is still plagued by silly flashbang bois). I also think Widow needed it no question.

We just need a serious nerf to flashbang and all will be right with the world.

You cant base an arguement on deathmatch though. Deathmatch isnt how this game is actually played, if that makes sense. When you talk about balance you have to talk about the base game that is played competitively, which is the payload maps, koth maps,etc. A character may be broken in deathmatch but it doesnt mean they are op in game. Duelest characters generally perform well by nature in that gamemode. And how exactly do you propose to nerf mcree’s cc. Why is a nerf even needed? TO clarify I am not disagreeing with you I just need reasoning because the only one you gave was deathmatch which is a very poor arguement. Read my post in the thread why both Brig and Widow nerfs were uneccessary.