I'm genuinely speechless

Orisa literally doesn’t care about Sombra, hear beeps, press Fortify, inform you’re Hacked, watch Sombra TL away.

D.Va sprays hitscan damage everywhere all the time, she’s arguably the easiest hero in the game to stop Hacks going through with.

Winston, again, doesn’t really care about being Hacked outside of his ult.

That’s your main tanks. Unless your timing is absolutely impeccable to prevent an Orisa or Winston shield being dropped, you’re not on for much, there are better targets in Support or even DPS to go after.

As for EMP on barriers, Graviton Surge is a much bigger worry, since most DPS ults have enough to take down the barrier as well as the players, or there are those that can ignore/bypass it.

Hey sombra, sym and torb are completly usless lets introduce a hamster

The sound of her going invisible follows her too. Like a great deal. It’s very loud.

I caught a Sombra on the right side of Horizon B who was attacking, by seeing her translocate to the health pack. She went invisible, and I heard the invisible sound getting closer across a table. So I threw my flashbang at the table, and it hit Sombra on the far end of the table. Easy kill.

This is PRACTICAL APPLICATION to this sound.

No way, does she seriously have that as well?
So that makes four compensation nerfs for one buff, jesus they really have no idea what to do with her.

1 Like

make sombra die instead of crushing her skull with every patch/OWL special snowflakes

Sym’s friendly ult barrier has buggy properties with Mcree’s flashbang as well. I’d throw it through the barrier at a hammy, and it would just ignore the hammy like it bounced off the barrier.

it’s a good thing that new heroes are “free,” in OW. I bet after Sombra, everyone would have learned a valuable lesson.

@OP While I agree that it’s frustrating and ridiculous that Blizzard ignores tons of good feedback for the cast, it’s not exactly against their MO. It’s just incredibly disappointing at this point, but not surprising.

I know, it’s pretty naive at this point to assume Blizzard are going to make good balancing choices, especially from someone who’s played their games for nearly 9 years.
But at the same time I still held out hope that maybe, just maybe they’d get this one thing right and we’d all get the buffs we asked for.
But instead we got nearly 7 nerfs and 2 buffs, and to really rub it in none of these buffs were for things that every Sombra player knows she needs and provided feedback about.
It’s just boring at this point and if these changes go live (which lets face it they will) i’m going to have a hard time finding motivation to come back to this game.

3 Likes

They don’t want to change her hack because they have it in their heads that it’s a done deal.

They don’t want to change her de-stealth delay, because they’ve also made up their mind that it’s something that definitely is perfect and doesn’t need change.

So they’ll change everything else over and over and over and over until she’s either OPAF or unplayable.

Blizzard MO.

1 Like

I completely understand because I’ve been playing Blizzard games since December 2010. Hurts to see them make such ridiculous changes, but you want what’s best for the game(s), which makes you hope something will happen to make it (them) better.

I don’t understand the changes either. Hack was definitely the issue and the buggy part of her buff. I don’t understand why that wasn’t the focus of their work on Sombra.

I know the community isn’t always right, but there are times we are, and them completely ignoring that is incredibly frustrating. And being treated like we can’t possibly know better is kind of insulting and, quite frankly, disheartening.

1 Like

I think Blizzard also has a track record of “fixing” things that aren’t broken.

1 Like

this basically sums it up, yup. they obviously dont know what theyre doing with sombra.

I agree. These Sombra changes feel like a stab in the back.

#SaveSombra

2 Likes

Yes. Because she’s WEAK.

1 Like

Just play Tracer. Problem solved. Don’t get too focused on this hacking crap. This is DPS-watch, kills are what matters.

ok so im pretty sure ill geet some hate for this but, the sombra changes on ptr arent what we asked for, the community will most likely never get buffs and nerfs that they want. but the changes arent noteably bad, im a sombra main and have played her less and less because of her pickrate. another reason ive played her less is because of my limited time in fights, id have to translocate to safety when my locater was about to die or id have to stay in the fight for five more seconds. i personally think these changes will allow sombra to become a good fighter, and still have her stealth, sure there are some nerfs in there, but they are just for balancing, remember that one of blizzards policies is to buff strengths, and leave weaknesses that are exploitable (ex. ana with more amo, while staying non mobile) so for sombra they are lightly improving her time she can position and set up, and stay in the fight, in return for more care in placing the translocater, and being seen when invisible (also being seen doesnt guartnee they can hit you, if you move smartly, normally youll be able to evade bullets)

I can see Sombra getting a megathread like Mercy.

I prefer if they don’t listen to this forum, considering how they have been killing the game so far.