If you stop playing mercy

yeah actually my biggest concern is ball and i don’t think he’s gonna stay meta for longer than half a season (if he manages to not get nerfed by the 2 weeks mark)
and i’ll come back and reply to this thread in a couple of weeks when i’ve had ample time to play her

1 Like

Good players always find ways to adapt. Even good Syms adapted when they turned her into mini Zarya. The bad boosted players cry and threaten to quit.

1 Like

mercy main here, i watched a few YTers stating their opinion on the mercy nerf, it is going to suck, but will still play her.

i’ll try my best to adapt to her nerf, she was already balanced - but yes, i agree with few who mentioned how she’s already balanced.

i got over 1k hours on her and yet, i still treat her like a main support and won majority of it, with lucio and zen heals as the other support.

there was a time i was able to do this as a mercy/brig heals lol - was fun.

probably going to lose a few games at first, but will find a way back.

Thank you basically this. Many people play mercy in quickplaycause they feel it fun, not cause she is meta or not. Overwatch is a peculiar game that joins aspects of shooters and Mobas BUT there are different and better games our there in each category. If I wanted to play a shooter I do not go to play soldier (even if I played him for many many hours) I prefer other games, same as widowmaker and snipers, same with many dps and tanks.

At the end is the gameplay of this or that character (do not have to be mercy) that feels distinctive and attractive to people. If they start changing it so drastically there will be definitely many people that will simply stop playing.

3 Likes

I am not a mercy main then. Not playing her. :man_shrugging:t6:

Imagine the entire company decision-making being held hostage by a subset of players who supposedly only enjoy spectator-level gameplay on one character and hate the idea of playing literally anything else

I’m just going to play my main main, dva instead. Who is also meh right now but at least won’t feel clunky.

1 Like

It’s the opposite. You ever heard the phrase “Mercy’s pets?” It’s because she’s the one that has them on a leash. :laughing:

1 Like

I read a lot of your comments and are always on this kind of terms. Lets talk seriously without being biased or let our prejudices talk over and over for a second.

Overwatch is not in a really good shape right now for different reasons, monetization, rewards, battlepass changes that are being reverted etc. 5vs5 was something that divides the community between people that love the fast pace and others that do not consider it needed or wanted.

Mercy players have been sticking with a character they liked the most, that does not mean is the ONLY character they play. Dps , for example is the most popular category right now and is crowded with new players. I do not have to tell you how many supports that stick with mercy after reworks and nerfs can do with her… due to skill. Of course do not have to tell you how many changing to other characters can aim better than any hitscan wannabe dps.

The thing is not to adapt or to overcome again and again, the question is if the game is still fun to play. You can nerf some aspects of a character, but major changes that change the playstyle completely is another thing.
Now…there will be people that will like the changes, there will be people that wont. But there will be as well people that will leave cause they do not find it FUN anymore. Being good in a VIDEOGAME you do not have FUN in is simply stupid. Is not a job.

And no need to cry or threaten at all, who cares if this or that person leaves?. Im sure you dont and you will think that mercy is a character that should be deleted. Is ok I respect that. Is your opinion and again im glad you like it, but please…at LEAST… stop blaming people for complaining (they are in their right to do so even if you find it stupid out of frustration…same as your comments in every mercy post) and stop thinking is a skill issue, sometimes is just a FUN issue. If you have now fun, congrats just respect some others maybe wont.

I hear what you’re saying and I agree with you that if you’re not having fun then there is no point. But there is also hypocrisy from many of these Mercy mains. Many of them celebrated Doom being turned into a tank. They celebrated Genji and Hog being nuked. They celebrated McCree losing stun. But as soon as Mercy gets a tweak that doesn’t let her jump ten thousand feet in the sky every second they act like the world is ending.

That’s why no one feels sorry for them. Not because of the hero itself, but because of their hypocritical attitudes when someone finally affects them.

Imagine an entire company decision making being held hostage by a subset of players that tells the rest what is wrong and right. So the company decision making start saying they want to make support role interesting and stripping the mobility of one, that the community that is not that subpar subhuman beings you consider… says the issue is damage boost and they do not touch it. Imagine that they contradict themselves in every patch and balance.

Now you are their boss and see that they are not adressing issues but alienating part of the customers.

And now imagine you, as new player come to ow to play dps and your aim is a lackluster and you populate the dps role (As is the most popular). And that there are mercy mains (im a flex player but loved her playstyle) that aim better than you by far. (which tends to happen).
Now imagine lastly that the changes makes the subpar skill lackluster subhumans to …not move and do more than you are saying in your post.
Imagine…

Why insult. Secondly your not a sitting duck its not like yiur stunned and cant move this just gives people a chance to kill a mercy just like getting away from hog its a chance

Aaaaah, the no true scotsman fallacy…

2 Likes

The only problem with that plan: what happens when not only your “backup main” gets nerfed, but ALL the heroes you liked to play across ALL roles?

My hero pool used to be Mercy, Symmetra, Brigitte, Dva, Zarya, Winston, Mei, Junkrat, and Pharah.

Nearly every one of them has been slaughtered in the patch notes at some point or other, berefit of what originally made them so fun to play in the first place.

1 Like

I cannot speak for other people that, despite what they play celebrated other characters nerfs. Many of mercy mains are not the kind of aggresive players that celebrate other nerfs…after a rework, a change and adapt, toxicity that came afterwards…and a year of nerfs, and three changes in ow2 after release.

Seriously, when the game started I loved it and wanted to play different from other games and shooters, loved to be a teammate and help others have their moment. Had to adapt and learn after the rework, the changes I didnt like that turned mercy into a monster.
I recall that by the time there were more than 50k posts against a rework that turned her into a monster op… IMAGINE… so many people against a change that turn her character into OP.

So i do not get where do you take hypocresy from, these forums are crowded of (me the first) biased people that are passionate about their characters. The vast majority of players simply leave or move on or stop playing (brigs release for example). But I wont be so eager to blame people for a bunch. Same as genji cannot be nerfed or buffed based on some comments in this forum off the rails. A character in a videogame does not represent a community, or a way of thinking unilateral or a same opinion. It does not work like that.

Please do not let that prejudices influence you, you can take my words as right or wrong agree or disagree, but I do not represent every mercy player and Im not to blame but only by my own faults and mistakes. And this goes with every character user, race, nationality, education level, personality etc. About hypocritical attitudes, true. Their fault.

3 Likes

Well no its not saying im more a main if you just play a hero because they are strong and they didnt get a full rework and you ditch them for another strong hero your a meta slave

Im answering the post that insulted the mercy mains as a sitting duck, so it was sarcasm. :slight_smile: of course I wont insult any cause they prefer to play this or that.
And trust me I know how easy is to kill a mercy sitting.

Not really, it might be good and see proper use at higher ranks. But at the metal ranks mercys are just gonna die alot more. Which i geuss is what they wanted. :man_shrugging:t6:

Mercy getting a 11 to 16 hps is crazy good and will help with survivability so much more then her old passive the patch isn’t even out lets wait and see how it feels after a week or so

I never said to agree with the changes being made. However the implication that we need to be very careful implementing chances to not just a character but the entire game because it might not be to the liking of a subset of players one-tricking a popular character seems a bit interesting to me. :slight_smile:

I think the Mercy changes look a bit excessive and I can understand feeling frustrated over this. Not because of game balance considerations but since it is going to have a significant impact in the entire gameplay loop of the character.

And just as a disclaimer I flex all roles and have the most hours played this season on support. Never did I call anyone subhuman or even subpar but the notion that Mercy gameplay in my opinion is very boring was probably unnecessary.

1 Like