If you play Sombra and do not communicate, you are throwing

This is true to a certain extent. Yes, you have to communicate as Sombra more so than with other heroes… But if you display that you have EMP available and your team sees you in the backline of the enemy team invisible, as a skill called self awareness- your team should know that you are about to EMP. Granted, communication is the easier form, but communication goes way beyond than just using voice chat… you have communication wheel now, you can communicate with someone based on how they play… people only limit communication with sole just voice chat - same with skills, people only solely think mechanical skill (aim) is the only skill you need.

1 Like

Yes for emp it’s a bit easier to communicate.

With hack? The main part of her kit? Not so much. There isn’t any communication thing on the wheel that allows you to say who is hacked. Your hacked targets will end up just living because there was no focus from your team, as your team had no idea who you hacked.

It’s a core reason as to why I think her entire design should be scrapped. She’s never been good in ladder but used a good bit in OWL. She just simply doesn’t work when her entire kit is designed around coordination and communication.

I play Sombra, I communitate, but in gold people don’t give a … thing… So I just use mouse wheel , play my game do countdowns.

since only communication feedback you will receive as Sombra in gold (but seen this also in plat ) is ‘‘omg switch sombra’’ while people can’t go aggressive after a a called emp when they’re close to enemy team.

so I don’t communicate anymore

Maybe if you disgusting snotty kids stopped burping into the microphone…

I join VC, I just don’t have a mic to talk with.

My apologies.

I always said that the devs need to have a better visual icon/ indicator for Sombra’s Hack, either that add the sugar skull or simply reverse the colors so enemy who is hacked will be purple and ally who have been hacked will be red.

1 Like

So what? Throwing is allowed anyways.

i would actually laugh if someone did this but i bet there would be that one guy that will just “REPORT” you right after the match is done.

but if your intentionally throwing - falling off a cliff, just pressing w, or just standing near spawn then i dont blame them

I count down and they still don’t capitalize lol

There really isn’t that much need for communication if you play Sombra. The problem is that most Sombra are awful - not that they don’t communicate. They either feed which should never happen as Sombra or they EMP in non-sensical times. A Sombra who EMPs during the height of a team fight will always get mass value regardless if they say they are going to EMP or not.

they just got made at me for playing sombrah
(got play of the game with a 4 man ult)

i have exposed your message :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I do not need to be in voice chat for that. I have eyes.

1 Like

A sombra talking in voice and people actually in voice and understanding what she says makes a HUGE difference. Sometimes you can tell your road you’re gonna try to hack the rein and he’ll stay vigilant if he turns to cancel hack, getting hooked instead. Or a zarya will bubble you so the hack goes through even if the enemy team tries to chip you.

It is undeniable fact that proper communication strengthens teamwork.

if you want me to have voice on, then I need a guarantee that you have something to say other than Edgy Gamer Moments and memelord trash.

My ears, my rules

3 Likes

There’s pretty much no point most of the time to be on voice.

1 Like

thats actually one of the smartest things someone has ever said to me or anyone else in my pov. If it sounds like im dumb then i am cause i only have a few brain cells left

Sorry to say but blizz already ruled on this. You do not need to communicate with your team. It helps but you can not report players for not communicating.

Technically you can report them but it’s a false report. Which is like a normal report and does nothing.

2 Likes

No one is saying that it is reportable, well at least I am not. I am saying that this is not a Sombra issue. It’s literally applies to all heroes.

Do you need to communicate to your team, NO, does it helps, YES

However, if you don’t want to communicate via voice, there is communication wheel, if you do not want to do that as well … just be able to be aware of your team position and make predictions. Simple.

3 Likes

I need healing!
I need healing!
I need healing!