If you DONT play Bastion, please answer:

Something I never understood is the absolutely massive cooldowns people put on theoretical abilities… Not trying to be a jerk, but I never understood why people always go for like 20 or 30 seconds… That’s a LONG time. I mean yeah, what you described is a fairly powerful ability, but I think if anything justifies that long of a cooldown, it should probably be an ultimate…

Again, not trying to like completely shoot you down, I kinda like the idea, just something I’ve noticed that I don’t really get…

1 Like

Why would that happen? That’d be op

420 dps (dank) he needs that barrier shredding and 1.5 headshots

my favorite hero isn’t a stationary killing machine with insane damage output. some heroes are bad, and some have a cheesy design to add up.

so you either slightly buff him so it won’t be enough for him to be considered “pretty viable at almost all circumstances”, or you completely rework him, so his viability won’t ruin the fun altogether.

Not really… he wasn’t OP before his rework when he had good spread, good damage, and headshots, and a lot of defensive abilities have been added since then… Orisa’s shield, Brigitte’s armor, Brigitte’s shield, Brigitte’s ultimate, Moira’s orb, Symm’ shield…

A popular idea would be to remove Ironclad too, but if they’re going to start removing damage, then there’s no sense in taking away his protection too…

1 Like

I played Bastion this weekend for the first time since the single hour I played him when the game launched. Managed to get some decent value out of him but I can see why he’s struggling near the bottom of the hero list.

IMHO his sentry is fine if you’re positioned well and healed up, I melted loads of enemies in a bunker comp. His recon sucks though, it feels like a clunky in-between phase that’s only useful for getting to your next sentry spot. Mag feels too small in this mode too.

Other than that, I mostly found him kinda boring. There’s not much kit to have fun with in recon, and sentry is just a waiting game until the next enemy runs into your line of sight.

I would like old bastion.

I don’t play Bastion because he’s heavily reliant on your team to play around you, which just doesn’t happen most of the time.

I used to play a little bit of Bastion loooooong before his rework. I have about 3-4 hours on him.

In contrast, I have about 450 hours total (some of which was spent in the PTR) on Mercy.

I am going to bump that thread because it deserves more attention.

1 Like

The second one IMO, so will be less frustrating to play against but he will be more poweful

1 Like

That’s what I’ve been leaning towards too, but I and many other Bastion players are concerned about its usefulness against targets that can’t be headshot like Hammond and barriers.

The 420 one wouldn’t make that much difference against barriers, and if they did the 360 one, they could add in a bonus damage for barriers or something to make up for it, because that one works out to a nice 25% increase for 450…

C, leave him as he is.

Would very much prefer the 1st 1 of both, Yes. is better.
~What appears to be two foxes in a trench coat, hat, and sunglasses.

1 Like

I literally have no idea what you mean by “first one of both”, but I guess it’s just a fox thing

The first option. o-o

If Dyslexia is a fox thing, then yea. :fox_face::ok_hand:

1 Like

Neither…I don’t think his issues have anything to do with his damage

Sitting duck…plain and simple

A Sitting duck that can no longer properly defend itself.

Plain and simple.

My only concern with that would be how rather unintuitive it is to have a weapon that has different damage multipliers based on what material it’s shooting

I can’t say I’m able to have an opinion. I’m not a fan of Bastion but I can recognize he needs something. Too biased to feel confident in an answer.

I’m just here to take in opinions and thoughts from both sides. :smile: