“If we tone her down too much, we will bring her back”

Well at that point it’s more convinient and sparks less of an outcry and drama queens.

It’s not though. If they are truly not reading the megathreads because 99% is #revertmercy they would’ve deleted it and continued to delete any mercy related threads. Why make a bin when you already have one?

1 Like

yeah but as ive said, mercy wasnt even that strong of a pick prework. before valk and cd rez, before the rework happened the go to healers where a zen and lucio combo. didnt matter that mercy had her consistent healing or her mobility. the fact that rez can bring back a teammate every30 seconds is too strong. people have been saying this since the rework, putting rez on a simple cd mechanic is too strong of a utility to pass out.

im not saying to remove rez. just tie it to the ult then rework valk give mercy a different e or something dont mess with her original core gamekit cause it was never an issue

1 Like

Those stats are unreliable.

No, you’re just in denial because Mercy is your favorite hero. Mercy has never been f-tier on ladder. In pro play perhaps that’s been true, though she still has seen play with pharmercy in every meta ever. That does not make a hero inherently bad. A hero not being meta in the pro scene is an indication their not broken enough to work almost every time better than other options in their class.

We have no plans to revert Mercy. We also feel like she’s not in a horrible place or unplayable.

But I’d like to put the notion that Mercy is going to be reverted to rest.

And I could be mistaken about this, but I believe they said this in streams as well.

They don’t seem to want a revert for Mercy.

Lol, you linked a third party statistics websites that only works if everyone logs their stats on the website. With this in mind and the fact that it’s not even Blizzard endorsed, you’are looking at approximately less than 50% of the communities statistics on the website therefore is unreliable.

Statistics don’t work with typical sampling sizes because that one guy on the forums who doesn’t know how stats work says so.

Math is a lie.

There is only Mercy.

2 Likes

Blizzard have proven to be the biggest hypocrites in gaming history.

Blizzard: Continues to nerf her.

Me: We honestly can’t take Blizzard’s words seriously if they are going to pull this sh**.

Blizzard: Mercy is a solo target healer

A Rework Later

Blizzard: Gives Mercy AoE heals when in Valkyrie.

If they truly don’t intend to ever revert her, why not just straight out say it? Why give a statement that can be inferred multiple ways.

4 Likes

Mercy isn’t the only healer in this game. She should be on par with other healers. Not more powerful nor weaker. The whole “main healer” thing

1 Like

Come back to me when you give a response to what I previously said regarding statistics… (on another thread)

basicly what happened with mercy was , in her orginal state she had almost no utility , and being a healing bot isint enough for high level play becuse targets just get burst down.

so blizzard tryed buffing her healing and surviability , and still that did nothing , since luicio speed boost or zens discord orb were still better than just being able to heal.

then blizzard reworked her , while keeping these buffs to her self healing and healing stream , giving her utility and a multi group heal.

This was the equvolent to if you were to give ana 14 ammo , a damage buff , buff nanoboost , then rework her by giving her a jetpack and 100 shield , while keeping previous buffs intact.

6 man res? She can res herself?

Later they’re gonna nerf her hard again while keeping the previous nerf intact.

Then Is it an indication that she was quite balanced in season 3? Rather than she currently is?

That you understand complex mathematics without ever studying it, because you can tell if pictures look ugly?

Did you really want me to respond to that?

Pretty much, yeah. Though the opposite for a character can be said as well, if they have an incredibly low pick rate, they’re probably bad either in the current meta or just unplayable in general. That was never the case for Mercy across ladder though.

It’s a given that mercy was closer to balanced in season 3 considering Mercy is the only option for a main healer if you want to win more times then not in current patch. Though season 3 Ana was broken as well with 100% healing on nade. So that can’t be fully relied on either. Season 4 before winstons barrier buff, Ana’s damage nerf and before they started messing with mass res cause popular streamer complained is probably the closest Mercy and Ana have ever been balance wise relative to each other.

http://www.omnicmeta.com/2017/03/pc-meta-report-s4w3.html

Now this isn’t to say reworked mercy and current ana can’t be balanced relative to one another again. It’s just going to take some actual effort and a lot of community backlash to do so. The game has changed a lot since season 3 and season 4, so neither hero’s old self would be the same in current patch

1 Like

But… They haven’t toned her down too much…

She’s still the single most picked hero in Grandmaster and the OWL. She’s obviously not garbage.

1 Like

Asking blizzard for changes is like wishing with a monkeys paw.

Good old blizzard.

That was complex maths? Your expectations are low.