❓ If we can have Quick Play Classic then why can 't we have Competitive Classic?

Is there any sensible reason as to why we shouldn’t have competitive classic when we already have quickly classic it seems like blizzard are trying to give us a half measure of options when they could just give us the full measure of options by giving the one additional game mode?

Every reason that they added quickly classic could be used as a justification for having competitive classic that you are providing players with the ability to play as they did before. Right now you want to play a damage character then quickly classic is very appealing if you want to just quickly find a game.

However there are a number of problems such as for example

• being backfilled into games that are almost near to completion
  • not having the competitive experience
  • not having any ranks to work towards
  • not being able to show off your rank once you have earned it
  • the above two points also mean that people are less likely to try either on your team or the other team
  • not having the more stricter matchmaking which enables closer games rather than steam roles
  • No achievements still suggests a lack of care for the mode
  • stats are important to many players. quickplay classic stats are difficult to find - all the way at the bottom of one’s profile
  • hidden in the arcade, all the way on the right side where one’s eyes dont immediately fall upon it

The above list of pointers not exhaustive and there are probably other things that I’m forgetting right now these are just the first thing that came to my mind

Quickly classic is enjoyed by many people who would have otherwise been forced into playing quickly normal wool Q and have to suffer through the waiting simulator. I’m very happy that blizzard decided to keep it for us. However having it made me realise just how much I appreciated the freedom and wished that I could have that same freedom in my competitive games.

I think unfortunately quickly classic is quite inadequate for when for example you wish to practice a hero in a competitive environment in a reasonable amount of time without having to put yourself through the waiting simulator.

8 Likes

To simply put…we no longer have a active player base large enough to do this w/, unlike dota2

4 Likes

Then make OW f2p and increase the player base

Competitive classic would be even worse than old comp. Pass.

7 Likes

If they can rapidly increase their anti-cheat effort, sure. If people in this community are less inclined to smurf, sure.

But they are both not the case.

2 Likes

Which of the 2 modes is the best though?

Which one SHOULD you play?

If there’s a best one, why does the other exist?

Which QP mode do i click? Which one does the DEVS want you to click?

What about the differences between the heroes? How do you explain that in QP?

What if i like a hero in one mode, but that hero plays completely differently in another mode?

Which button do the devs want players to pick first? How does that affect the UI? How does that affect user flow and analytics?

How will a new game mode affect 222 players?

How are competitive points distributed?

How does this affect the SR system? How do the devs maintain 2 completely separate SR systems at the same time? How is that affected by analytics?

How does this affect level design? Systems design? Social design?

How does it affect Overwatch 2? How does it affect PVE and new game modes?

That’s just a quick sample of a few questions that would need to be answered. Go for it dude :slight_smile:

RE: 222 balance futureproofing. Just because Jeff didnt explicitly call out an easily proven fact doesnt mean its not true. It is true, and its mathmatically provable. A theory is not discredited just because its hasnt been specifically mentioned (hint - they wont, because any hint of weakness would be like throwing yourself to the forum wolves).

4 Likes

To my knowledge there are no differences with the heroes between QP and QPC

Rest of your questions were answered. If you want to go into more detail, I’d be happy to have a Discord voice call on the subject

The hero differences between QP and QPC that you suggested.

You did not answer any of those questions previously.

Please stop creating spam topics.

2 Likes

QPC is arcade, you can be put in a group with players of long difference skill range, which means you can actually find matches. If there was a competitive classic not only the game would be senseless (one competitive side has goats meta and you get points/sr by playing an unbalanced game, while OWL, all tournaments and the game itself is balanced around the other side, which is 2-2-2) but also there would be no people to play with in one of the modes or both of them. On the most populated server of the game (PC NA) players can struggle to find matches on off-times at very high or very low sr, now imagine if the playerbase was split between a dumb, unbalanced competitive classic and the real game? Console and low populated regions would be dead and the quality on the most populated ones would be lower.

3 Likes

Well, almost no support and no tank player would like to play this mode. Flex players and DPS would be there, but only a few thousands are flex players, the mjority mains DPS.

So have fun with your 1-4-1 or 0-6-0 comps, without me. Friendly pass from me and all my friends :kissing_smiling_eyes: :tea:

5 Likes

I and many others I know would most certainly play role-less competitive

I personally do not find 222 to be fun at all in any mode, and would be very happy to have a role-less competitive once again

4 Likes

This might sound weird, but are you by any chance a fex or a DPS main?

I am a support main

2 Likes

I really hate this assertion that qpc is just arcade…it’s not…it’s just the qp we played for 3 years…it’s IN the arcade NOW (for no explicable reason really)

And there is matchmaking in all game modes…including the arcade…I must be the only person in the game that never plays against people that are clearly not playing where they should

2 Likes

Stop with the hidden nonsense. If QPC is hidden. Than MH is hidden. Why are they both the most played modes and don’t change?

2 Likes

dont like it? dont play it, simple

4 Likes

We can tick this one off. Achievements have now been added.

They did? OoO Was this in patches notes somewhere? Or have the achievement descriptions updated?

1 Like

Seriously? Rezzing this for more views?

1 Like

i require confirmation…cause this would be welcome news