If this wants to be treated "seriously" as a competitive system

Impossible to do if you’re not in team chat. You’re playing your own game and ignoring what the rest of the team is doing/trying to do but can’t because not everyone on the team is in team chat.

How did you miss the hundreds of threads asking for hero bans and the hundreds more complaining that the meta doesn’t move quick enough?

1 Like

I wait for my tanks to push, I keep track of my Pharah when I’m healing my tanks, I keep track of my tanks when I’m healing my Pharah, I nano/damage boost my Genji, I keep track of where my Rein is or if someone needs that bubble more badly. Sure, communication does help, especially when playing Zarya, but you completely ignore the downsides, which are huge for me as my self-consciousness is extremely high and a player not able to play is a much higher downside for my team than a player playing and trusting her eyes to work with the team.

What needs to happen in comp is players just need to be WAY more realistic about their in game nerd skills and over all SR goals. There is little to no reason to go full super hard core comp rule set, single account only, forced voice, pay for access and so on for the majority of the comp SR range.

People are not being held back by all the cruddy community stuff, they are simply being held back by their own over all skill set long term. People some how seem to understand this in real sports, like the 5’8 guy odds are isn’t going to be a NFL line backer.
Yet some how it’s totally lost in video games.

I think anyone can get to a decent rank or even a high rank but wow people need to calm down with acting like comp is contender levels from Bronze to 4.2k. Force coms, force certain team comps, get serious, this gold comp try hard time.
That’s why people are burning out, not a few smurfs or leavers.

Easy, every time I came on the forums the top 10 threads would always be talking about the aimbotters, and how people are stuck in their rank because of some DPS who refused to switch/throw the game.

I think this would be the best way to have a competitive system under a free to play model.

the better you are, the more integrity your games have. but then people could also sell high ranked accounts

there’s gotta be a good way to do it without fingerprinting everyone’s computer and/or SMS because that isn’t a rocksolid solution either

Easy. Link to a bank account (make it $1 a month to play comp)

If you buy an account, and try to change the bank details, Blizzard ask for proof of both accounts. (Especially dodgy looking if the name changes). Until proof provided, account is suspended.

No account seller will want to pay other peoples subs, so this might drive business down.

If you also had it so a bank account can only be linked to 1 battle.net account this would seriously limit people creating multiple accounts, while still being able to make $ from nominal subs.

Also make more pay for legendary skins to make money. Then they wont have any reliance of smurfs to keep the books balanced

1 Like

What about $10/season? You have to buy your way back in each season but it includes essentially a reset. Would keep a lot of trolls/burners out of the mix and $3.33/month isn’t much for crisp servers and ladder integrity.

I guess it’s something they’ve looked at and aren’t ever going to do. So many other ‘esports’ titles founded on F2P/microX. Would put out some weird signalling.

1 Like

If Overwatch had to be described in one paragraph…

1 Like

Too many young people would be forced out. You are relying on everyone having an account, and having the ability to hook it up to something.

Having it pay Blizzard once a month means an AP or credit card, both of which are locked out of kids accounts.

It is a good idea, but, it can’t be done.

All valid points. And I agree it would make it difficult. But most 16+ have a bank account.

If your some 12 year old, you need your parents permission. Pretty standard really.

Blizzard could do with weeding someone of the undesirable players out anyways. Will probably bring back more than that lose.

You would hope so, but the game IS international. So you are relying on all countries having the same customs as your own.

I get REAL nervous when that is the answer.

Maybe it would work, as I said, I think it is a good idea, but I suspect that it won’t work the world over.

Blizzard need to play to US regulations. Don’t need to worry about much else (this being from someone in the UK)

Fine, but making choices which will lock them out of regions in the world they have previously done well in isn’t the brightest choice.

If this wants to be taken seriously as a competition then:

All games will be played on a LAN
There will be a referee for every game
Everyone has to register with their real name
All SR will be deleted and how you do will be based on win/loss only

Xion is right. The people who bought extra accounts would have wasted their money if suddenly blizzard enforced a one account per person rule. They would have to refund everyone who bought it. They aren’t going to do that. While, I do agree that enforcing one account per person would help things, I also agree with xion, it’s too late for that

Treated seriously? I’m in a 35+ minute queue for average tier CTF comp - and that is role-open. 2:30 pm on a Thurs. Kids should be gaming right now. Even in the arcade. How much active player base to yield 1 ctf match per hour?

The game is dead and 222 killed it even for other modes.

1 Like

The game isn’t dead. Player numbers are slowly climbing again.

As for your que… You are playing CTF… what do you expect. People ran GOATS for the placements then ditched the mode because it is tedious.

45+ minutes and counting. Completely dead.

1 Like

Stop queuing for CTF then dude. No one plays that mode. Clearly.