I was loving the dev update until i hear hero pools

What hero do you one-trick?

1 Like

how is it going to kill the game for you?

Yeah, I see hero pools as a win for many players (including OTPs) for that reason. Every week stronger/meta heroes in that role are banned, it’s likely that any non-meta pick will be more viable than it was before.

1 Like

mmm… yeah right they don’t.

2 Likes

They do neither. Is it really hard to understand? They arent against one tricking. Or supporting it. They are neutral.

you clearly don’t understand insinuation. jeff CLEARLY is trying to say that one tricking is a problem in the game in the nicest way possible.

listen, I’m not attacking you. I’m not a one trick even though I really wish if I was one. I enjoy playing mercy way more than other healers but I do have to adapt and learn new support heroes so everyone involved including me gets to have fun. because losing many games as a one trick is less fun than winning with heroes you like less.

1 Like

I already can play multiple heroes. I can play them if its necessary to win. But its not enjoyable for me. Also this hero pool thing probably will never ban my hero since i main reaper. Hes not good in owl level. But i still hate it. It ruins counterpicking. I dont even like map pool.

I don’t know, the game keeps on getting drier and drier for me. First 2-2-2. Then map pools. And now hero pools. People play whatever they want down in gold so it’s not like it’s saving me from the meta and I want to face whatever challenge players and/or the game can throw at me. Very tired change.

I can absolutely promise you they’ll ban Reaper at some point. And now I understand why you’re so mad,lol, Reaper one tricks don’t know how to aim on other characters or play with their team at all. “I’m an edgy lone wolf guy, and I like to shoot ppl in the face because it’s the only time I actually can shoot things.”

Not to be callous, but nobody rly cares about DPS one tricks getting their characters banned for a week. You will not be missed.

It hurts flex tank mains like me too. This one-trick thing is dumb. It is unlikely to effect them much at all. But one of my tank options WILL be taken away EVERY WEEK.

It effects us players 10x more then one trickers.

Calling a boycott wont do much for us no-names. It would have to be someone with a reputation and influence to suggest this.

either way though I am not playing until it’s removed. Just knowing I cant flex to Hog/WB/Rein/Orisa/Sigma/Zarya/Winston when I want or when a counter opportunity presents itself is infuriating.

If the population in Competitive decreases for Season 21 and if there are daily complaints on the forums, it can have an impact. At least it worked for 2-2-2 and map pools to be released (and now hero pools too).

Jeff Kaplan said hero pools wasn’t a definitive system even though they hardly ever backpedaled on their decisions so far. Maybe it won’t change anything but at least we could say we’ve tried.

Same even though I’m against boycotting things but I’ll keep playing other modes. I wonder if players that are against hero pools should stop logging in altogether for devs to notice we don’t like it (or if not playing Competitive is enough).

True, it’s a step further after 2-2-2 which was already infuriating. I wonder when those restrictions are gonna stop eventually. The best solution would be to add two Competitive modes - one with restrictions since Role Queue’s release and another one with the Competitive we use to play for 3 years and a half.

That would appease everyone with a win-win solution.

I can acknowledge that this sucked for certain people (I was a flex player too) but overall I considered and still do think 2-2-2 was a good move. The game was designed with those interactions and team set-up in mind.

solo tanking was a nightmare outside WB. Hero bans are also a decent thing…….for pro’s. The general community wont benefit from it.

I respect your opinion but that’s not mine. I realize that most people do like it since team play is more problematic in lower ranks (which concerns the majority of the players) so I guess the minority that doesn’t like it and that may have suffered less from people not wanting to play as a team were already Diamond or Master (like I am) prior to 2-2-2.

Still it doesn’t change the fact that there’s a strong group (maybe 1/3 of the community) that doesn’t like Role Queue and some of us still play Competitive nonetheless (I do, even though I spend less time on Overwatch since RQ).

This is debatable. Some say the game was built around 1/4/1 or 1/3/2 as well so I guess it’s hard to tell. In my opinion, the game was meant to be very creative and for us to find what suits us best to winning (with the team we had and the map we were on). What made 2/2/2 popular is actually the pro scene that encouraged that behavior (at least to me).

Even now, some people are trying to copycat the meta pro players or Top 500 are playing but it’s not very relevant in lower ranks where carrying with a hero is more than enough to helping your team win the game.

I don’t get why people are always trying to compare their games and playstyles to people that play professionnally and that spend more time on the game than what casual players can afford.

That’s how I see the whole issue and problems on Overwatch. I don’t even think we should have the same balance patches than the ones pro players do.

It depends on your teammates and what they picked but yes I agree that certain team compositions require too much effort for them to be successful.

True, since they’re pros, it could be interesting to see their limits and might even force them to learn all heroes perfectly (which to me is a normal thing to expect from people that are paid a lot for playing the game).

And they never did. Role Queue didn’t help most people when it comes to climbing, neither did most of the balance changes or map pools. I guess hero pools won’t have any big impact on their gameplay outside of making the game less fun and more frustrating.

you dont miss me? awwww. like i care.

I wasn’t trying to, but if that’s how you took it,lol
edit: you didn’t edit your post fast enough :smiley:

it was irony but i changed it. i knew you wouldnt get it.

You came here to inform people that you will be leaving if hero pools happen. Why would you do that unless you think we give a crap? Also as Jeff has stated, one tricking isn’t against the rules, but it’s not encouraged, so uh, I don’t think Blizzard are gonna miss you mucking up their game either.

i already quit due hero balance. i want to come back but hero pools thing changed my mind. it wont only affect onetricks. you guys will beg to devs to removal of hero pools at some point. it has more major problems like counterpicking.

Ah yes, you already quit, that’s why you bought four copies and want a refund,lol

4 copies thing was long time ago. 2 of them permabanned. (well deserved) and i dont use one of them. and i dont care about refund. but i have right to it. i wouldnt buy the game if i knew they add heavy restrictions to the game like this.
pretty sure im not the only one thinks like that.