I uninstalled Overwatch

Agree. For me, Sigma has been a worse addition than Brig.

1 Like

Brig. I NEVER had problems with her . Same as with Mercy . I never complained about the mass rezzes or brig damage and stuns . They could ve still be countered much easier than this “HAS IT ALL “ Sigma.

Sigma is the reason Doomfist is played so much, because Doom is only of only a couple of DPS that can actually stand up to Sigma in a straight fight, although one rock and that Doom is likely to get focused down. The problems with Sigma are in my opinoon as follows:

He does far too much damage to be a Main Tank, Winston tickles, Orisa is OK and Rein has to choose between damage and shield

He doesn’t fit in well when compared to Off-Tanks:
Zarya only does lots of damage when high charged, which against many comps can be hard to maintain.
Hog has the Hook combo, but he pays for it with a complete inability to provide cover for his team with anything but his body, and is a very yummy Ult battery.
DVa doesn’t do too much unless close up, her Matrix is good, but the added cooldown has made counter-playing her much easier. Get past the Matrix and she’s another Ult battery, with a huge downside of her Pilot form, which can be easily staggered.
Hammon can be played as either MT or OT, but has the same vulnerabilities either way, if you take away his mobility, which is easy to do with all the CC around, he becomes almost a free kill.

Looking at Sigma’s vulnerabilities, aside from basically getting in his face point-blank, he has very few notable weaknesses, even playing long-distance doesn’t help because he can just barrier the sight line while his team pushes the payload, etc.

At the very least Sigma needs a cooldown of possibly up to 4/5 seconds on redeploying his barrier, that would allow some degree of counter-play options, rather than constant barrier in your face.

I can totally understand the OP’s reason for uninstalling, I’ve only played a couple of times since 2/2/2 came out (I’ve always had my objections to 2/2/2), that was just with a couple of people I knew, and I just played QP Classic/MH. I’m waiting to see what BlizzCon bring about in regards to Overwatch, because if it doesn’t get something big, I wouldn’t be surprised to see stories that Overwatch 2 will be formally announced to be in development in early 2020.

1 Like

Sigma is the reason Doomfist is played so much, because Doom is only of only a couple of DPS that can actually stand up to Sigma in a straight fight, although one rock and that Doom is likely to get focused down.

Doomfist have been ruining our matches long before Sigma, it was just less noticeable because first of all you could run 4dps who can workout around him. And more than Doom, the majority hates Widow. She is the queen of hatred.

I hate Widow more then Doom too

And Sombra wasn’ nerfed to the ground so Doom actually had a counter.
But the counter was like brigitte for dive, ruining the fun for everyone.

Now, Doom, hanzo, widow and sigma (hello insane powercreep with all overtuned ability and damage) are ruining the fun.
BUT, if you nerf them, Mei is gonna be the next to ruin the fun of everyone cuz all of these are the best counter to her (including sombra).

To many buff was made when few nerf was deserved instead.
Now they are stuck in a powercreep spiral and can’t remove all buff cuz community will cry despite them crying for nerf.
Vicious circle.

This game never gonna recover.

She was nerfed because she didnt have any counter play.

3 Likes

That what I intended to say here : “But the counter was like Brigitte for dive, ruining the fun for everyone.”
But bad formulating, my English is not that great ^^

These nerfs are minimal, they need to rework heroes to make it all work. Or release a new hero that solve it somehow. But I don’t know how they would do that, because playing Reinhardt and Orisa feels so bad, a lot of their abilities bugs out.

Reinhardt sometimes pulls out his shield in a 90 degree spin, or you pull it out and your camera is facing another direction. His charge is still a bit messy. Orisa shield sometimes goes through edges when you’re standing on a elevated area. Orisa is so big that you sometimes poke through shields unintentionally even if it shows from your perspective that you are behind the shield.

So, I can’t imagine how they are going to fix this shield meta, but at the same time making the tanks reliable. Because there’s also Doomfist who completely ignores shields and can destroy pretty much any Hero.

I too have uninstalled recently, like about two weeks ago.
I just feel so disenchanted, playing Tracer and putting so much energy into getting value, and then see a faceroll hero like Doomfist trivially kill my backline over and over again.
What is even the point in playing?

1 Like

I have a feeling nobody is going to miss this meta. At all. The only ones who might are the Symmetra and Doomfist mains and even then, Doom mains will mostly be fine because Orisa’s Pull is so busted for Doomfist and she’s not going anywhere.

The same thing happens every time.
ppl ask or new meta
new met comes
“urh… bring back the old meta. The current one is so skillless”

every… single… time

Nobody said that for Dive nor for GOATS. They just didn’t like it staying around for too long.

Yes they did and not just once.

Anecdotal evidence at best. Generally people don’t hate metas; they don’t like any of them sticking around for too long. That’s why people hate metas because inevitably, it always comes down to just one comp that is 80% effective of the time.

At this point I just wish that they’d delete Sigma so the game would be enjoyable for tanks who don’t want to play Sigma again. He’s even ruining the role queue experience for the other roles too due to how scarce tank players are now

I dont remember people complaining about Dive, people complained more about Tracer, cause her bomb exploded Reinhardt and she is generally hard to kill due to erratic movements and strange hitboxes. I dont think back then it was even called dive.

cool story…
btw 2 2 2 is a good thing

Making a post from your alt account doesnot count and close the doors while you leave .

1 Like

Pardon you?

9charrrr

Yeah I stopped playing when my individual ranks for 2,2,2 were all well below where I left off because i didnt take that weird half season seriously. my support is 1000 SR lower than it was previously. It is not worth going through the pain to rank back up.