I uninstalled Overwatch

I thought the complaint was just that people were tired of seeing the same mirror matches every game.

Very passionate players want the game to be good again and are angry with Blizzard for neglecting the attention they should have given the game years ago, they advertised the game as a shooter and then they basically changed the style of the game by adding many… “interesting” heros…

To be fair, if all they did was consistently add more shooter-type characters, we’d have a lot of doppelgangers of existing DPS and Ana clones. When it comes to support and tanks, all they can do is be ‘interesting’ as a shooter-equivalent of a tank would be brig, with a gun, shooting you through a notch on the side like a Jackal from Halo.

But 60% of the playerbase is made up of Gold and Platinum.

1 Like

I’m with you. I also uninstalled because changing it up and flexing was my favorite thing to do. Mystery Heroes alone wasn’t enough to sustain it for me. And before you say “You have QPC” I like the comp style of play too. QPC was always dull because at some point people started taking it more seriously, and it also didn’t have the same system of points and side switching.

Would you like an achievement, people that “quit” and post it to the forums are full of it.

The game is a lot better without these so called passionate gamers . Ty .

While I do agree with you, I feel like I should point out that there are about as many silvers as plats. Together, silver, gold, and plat make up 78% of the playerbase.

When you have to release a new hero to force a Meta shift, then something is fundamentally wrong with your design philosophy for the game.

This is basically what has been happening the past couple of years.

All they are doing is making this harder to fix, because the stitches they use eventually get rejected and come undone.

Sigma was put into the game to pair with Orissa to create a duo similar to Rein/D.Va that enabled bunker comps - which would indirectly bring more heroes into “general viability.”

In theory, we’d have Dive on some maps, and maybe Rein/Zarya and Bunker on others, etc. But that’s never how it plays out, because Blizzard generally introduces new heroes in a severely IMBA state, and then is too passive in toning them down (because they don’t want to kill their new hero - which is a huge part of their marketing for the game).

Also, they seem very haphazard when it comes to balance changes. Going after the Symptoms instead of the problems.

Symmetra wouldn’t be IMA if she didn’t have 2-3 shields to hide behind, especially with Sigma being “too good.”

Doomfist would feel less IMBA if the game enabled mobility and spread a bit more, instead of having a META that revolves around people sitting behind stacked shields.

Heroes like McCree, Widow, Hanzo, Soldier, etc. would feel a lot more viable without so much shield uptime.

Right now, it doesn’t even feel like you can burn through these shields. You basically have to rush past the Orissa shield after it’s been up a bit and take the fight to the enemy, run Doomfist and get a pick through the shields - or run Pharmercy/Reaper and force Sigma to put his shield elsewhere, while perhaps getting a pick from the back.

In any case, the effective Hero pool of the game feels smaller than it ever has… ever. At least, on a practical level.

2 Likes

Just with Brigitte honestly, so not sure why you mean it’s been happening for years. Sigma wasn’t put in, as far as we know, to change any meta. The community wanted more variety of tanks and support to play with to compete with the dps category selection. I don’t think they intended him to pair with just Orisa.

Thanks for the tip, I’m going to become a Sigma main called Moira.

The community also wanted more healers. I’m not sure what your point is. It’s less logic and more excuse manufacturing. Sigma was designed the way he is for a reason. They just didn’t look at their backlog of failed ideas and decide to lump them together and throw a character model on it.

They even said they regretted putting Defense Matrix into the game, and then gave one to Sigma.

This development team is just a walking bag of contradictions.

And 2-2-2 was designed to kill GOATs. Sigma was designed to enable different comps to be viable. That’s basically what I stated in my post.

Sigma was put into the game to pair with Orissa to create a duo similar to Rein/D.Va that enabled bunker comps - which would indirectly bring more heroes into “general viability.”

Have a nice day.

Had they not added Sigma, most people would simply have reverted back to Dive, especially given the Brig rework.

And that’s ignoring Baptiste and how well he enabled Bastion bunker comps; which often forces a situation where the attacking team has to switch off half of their picks on a hybrid map, while the bunker just keeps their picks and potentially inherits a massive ULT economy advantage.

I’ve seen Symmetra’s (pre-nerf) Barrier destroyed in 3 seconds or less to Bunker Comps shooting through Baptistes ult with an immortality field protected by a shield. #NanoBastionFTW

Who are you quoting? I also think that is a weird decision. It sounded like they wanted a third tank to fit in the Goat dynamic with Orisa to compete with Rein/Zarya/Dva mix?

Edit:
Nevermind I reread your post.

You’re going to leave the forums too right? Or are you going to hang around and just complain without at least playing?

Congrats now install it again for the new event .

I hope he stays, as long as it upsets any tin foil hat fans.

Thank god, tired of hearing you whine in games.

“tin foil hat”… rich.

:slight_smile: Honesty I’m not so much picking on you but if you paid $40 for a game, I believe you get to haunt the forums of that game for all eternity. And sometimes that’s worth it.

1 Like

I find this hard to argue with.