I thought Mercy was supposed to be useless now?

I heard a rumour on my discord that her HPS was supposedly increased back. Not sure where the rumour came from.

That was very much untrue ofc, but you can see Mercy’s pickrates pick up vastly this patch as players returned for the Halloween patch. Honestly, it can be attributed to returning players alone.

Give it time for people and returning people to realise she very much still sucks and nothing has changed from last patch unlike the hoax imply. She’s not better just because her stats fluctuate for two whopping days lmao. 2 days don’t make up for month long averages of her sucking.

As a bonus, I noticed on this patch that for some reason, overbuff pretended my profile was private suddenly when it has been public ever since we got the option to hide career profiles and this is the first time it’s done that. So Overbuff bugging out with profiles is another reason for fluctuation.

2 Likes

I love how you just said everything that needed to be said. I think people got used to her being overpowered for way too long.

1 Like

This,

I would take a look at the stats after the event and see if it makes a difference. A few percentage bumps after a few days in the top 3 elos is laughably inaccurate. It doesn’t say alot for the health of a hero who is supposed to be strong in the low-mid ranks, while still being outclassed by just about every other support (as proven by my previous post)… Only time will tell I suppose :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

This.

If anything, new pharah is very good versus Goats because she can spam more rockets now against fat targets and pharah has always been decent vs doomfist.

Just because the hero mercy leeches from the best got a buff, doesn’t mean the sidekick mercy is now somehow OK because a combo is good.

Heroes should be good on their own merit, not cuz someone else’s merit. At worst, it means mercy can never be buffed to her just state because the pieces around her get overbuffed. She might even get nerfed because “pharmercy is too gud plz nurf it”. Watch it happen.

As for the all-mighty overbuff…
Don’t private profiles screw up the statistics?

Depends on what you mean by ‘screw up’ - they increase your uncertainties but you still can make a decent approximation. There was a good explanation on this some time ago:

Useless in a different way though.

She has no way to directly impact a game by herself. Everything in her kit is limited by the amount of value you can get, where as an Ana can get much much higher amounts of value out of her kit, by herself.

Mercy isn’t a troll pick, she’s very close to it. Pretty much if the enemy team has a player that plays Ana then you’ve basically lost, there’s nothing you can actually do about it.

Also, winrates on a small a scale of 1 week won’t represent much, small changes in data at this time frame are normal, and can have a lot of variable factors affecting it.

But what else can we use? Overbuff is the only data we actually have to work with.

PS: Not every healer needs to have burst heal, just like Sombra doesn’t have for example. She has her cons and pros just like all other heroes in this game.

I think there might be something off with Overbuff’s records in the last couple of days

Just yesterday I checked my record (public profile) on Overbuff and and realised it was displaying my past Season’s Final Comp SR not my present. As of just now, it still is showing outdated info.

imo, the ultimate situation is that Ana -will- end up eating a nerf if the current climate continues unchanged for months. We’ve all seen it happen time and again with the ‘meta healer’.

I’d rather not see that happen, I don’t think she deserves it. I’d rather see Moira and Mercy get changes. What I’d -really- like to see is small reworks for both. Moira -needs- utility, raw healing output isn’t enough to compete in higher tiers. Take a little away from her current kit if need be to make room. Mercy, I’d like to see Valk reduced to 10 seconds with 1 instant rez charge, and a new skillshot-ish utility put on E.

Mercy needs little buffs
NOT MAJOR
just little buffs

symmetra needs big buffs ;-;

I open my eyes
I try to see but I’m blinded by the white light
I can’t remember how
I can’t remember why
I’m lying here tonight
And I can’t stand the pain
And I can’t make it go away
No I can’t stand the pain
How could this happen to me
I made my mistakes
I’ve got no where to run
The night goes on
As I’m fading away
I’m sick of this life
I just wanna scream
Everybody’s screaming
I try to make a sound but no one hears me
I’m slipping off the edge
I’m hanging by a thread
I wanna start this over again
So I try to hold onto a time when nothing mattered
And I can’t explain what happened
And I can’t erase the things that I’ve done
No I can’t
I made my mistakes
I’ve got no where to run
The night goes on
As I’m fading away
I’m sick of this life
I just wanna scream
I made my mistakes
I’ve got no where to run
The night goes on
As I’m fading away
I’m sick of this life
I just wanna scream

If you are going to use overbuff statistics you have to look at all of them.

Especially Pickrate. Mercy is at a 4.6% pickrate at gm in the support category.
Ana is at 41%
Lucio, Brig, and Zen are in the 16-15% range.
The only one losing to Mercy in Pickrate is Moira at 3.7%

Winrate is not the only statistic to determine how useful a hero is…

2 Likes

It’s almost like a character she synergizes with well was buffed. Isn’t that crazy? Maybe look into the crap you’re spreading before you go around wasting people’s time.

Ah yes. Winrate.

How about pickrate vs winrate, which gives a much clearer picture?
How about the “on fire” time?
How about the actual statistics when it comes to healing, damage, etc?

Nah. All those don’t really support your argument, so you just “happen” to skip over that, right?

First of all - it’s overbuff. Secondly, the change in her winrate only means that she’s even more of a sidekick to stronger dps heroes now, not a hero on her own.

Isn’t strange how Pharmercys a thing? Also all of these statistics are coming from when Pharah got buffed? Weird right? All supports should be viable not just a few. We have 6 healers not 10 some should not be made for certain heroes with such a low number.

You’re not alone! I too have felt she’s fine and I still enjoy her.
We have the same icon too…

3 Likes

Pharah has a 1% pickrate, and Mercy 3% as of now. (GM stats)

It is numerically impossible that Mercy’s winrate is entirely because of Pharah.

2 Likes

Yay! Hello brother in arms!