I think it's safe to say to finally buff the pigman

Posted this in a prior topic:

I picked up hog once he had his self heal buff, been high masters/low GM since s5 and played Hog/Zarya/Dva in all of those seasons. (xbox-- gt: The Nicky Sats if anyone wants to add me) I decayed out to play with friends moving forward. I mention all of this to give you all a frame of reference.

The best video explaining some of the issues is Dr. Riku-- or just watch a Harbleu stream for his input.

My opinions:

Since Hammond was released, hooks break for no reason whatsoever. You’ll see the animation grab the target and just whiffs all together. So, even though visually, you saw him hook the target- you missed the hook.

Not to mention the invisible hook glitch which has been around for about 2 months or so. It doesn’t effect hooking targets, but, if you’re used to something visually it can be a little weird. The only known way to fix it is to die-- and still comes back randomly.

Now, in my opinion some ways to fix him:

-fix the obvious bugs
-10% damage increase/or a more consistent pellet spread (i.e. doomfist though random, has his bullet all in a circle), ensuring more consistent damage and one shot combos to hard to hit targets like Sombra, Ana, Mercy-- I find one shotting Reapers are easier than the aforementioned
-When hooks hit, place them closer to Hog

How to play current hog into the fallacy of a stun meta:

-Run hog as a flanker picking off supports and staying clear of any stun threats, very easy to run with triple tank

-Run Lucio/Hog- they synergize really well together and with the additional speed can get out quick if a mistake is made

-Orisa/Hog- Orisa is situational, but in those times communication with the Succ/Hook (pulled pork) can devastate squishies or pull a tank out to focus fire. Not to mention the shield breaking capabilities of Orisa/Hog

-Zen/Hog- Communicating hooks to your zen (assuming LoS), can destroy any target hooked.

At the end of it all- Hog is C tier at best in the right hands and there are typically better picks in the tank category. He’s a feeder and has always been, but can soak up valuable ult damage if you’re positioning well in team fights.

Hopefully some of the tips helped— and I recommend watching the Dr. Riku: The State of Roadhog | A top 500/gm perspective - DrRiku - YouTube (20 minutes but worth the watch if you play Hog)

Or just catch a Harbleu vod to hear his input

Happy Hooking and Feeding!

PS- NEVER HOOK FIRST

1 Like

I believe we’re playing a different game. Dva/Sombra/Lúcio will take a big steamy dump on Rein.

But let’s talk about Hog k.

Nice, and yes, I’ve seen all those issues too.

Your profile says gold— and I am not shaming you, but where are you playing higher ranked Hammonds? If the answer is QP, QP is an awful representation of skill and coordination

I just want to feed less

it’ll never happen on hog

Nothing those 3 can do if they try to dive a deathball, they will get annihilated by CC’s.

Because new meta is a CC meta now. Sombra is the ONLY CC that dive comp has that’s worth a notable threat, and even then, she’s so weak on damage, she’s just a speedbump compared to a deathball comp.

Great so you get your hack off. Poor rein no shield.

Good luck out damaging moira and ana heals.

Give him

A b i g b o y b u f f

1 Like

Welp… … … … … . [characters]

I’m not saying Hog needs a buff because I’m not good with him. I don’t play him much. I’m just trying to objectively observe things. To me he does look a bit weak compared to any other tank, except maybe Rein idk.

I play with a GM friend daily, and his Master friend, when you group up like that, guess what… You go against better people and I see Diamonds to master often because of it in QP.

I’ve even seen as high as 4200 in QP.

The point, is, while I don’t do comp because I hate the community as a whole, I still practice against those better skilled people for a reason, so that when I do comp at my rank, it’s less of a challenge to me as my individual skill is higher.

Because I’m used to getting rickrolled by diamonds and masters most of the time, so when I play with people my own rank, it’s easier for me than most people my rank.

And just because I have over 300 hours on sombra, I’ve played the game long enough that I’m actually good at other characters, but I would love to one trick Sombra in comp I just don’t because banned/throw pick and people at plat and lower most of the time don’t know how to play with a sombra.

I don’t disagree with you, he’s a bottom tier tank at best. I make him work, but there are always better picks. Even with buffing him slightly (which is the best option), he’s still in a mid tier tank role. Buffing him too much would be overpowered.

My point is- QP is still just QP. In a comp setting it is different, and I understand your reasons for not playing it

Well, if you’re highly skilled you can make anything work.

But as a flex player it’s a different story.

I can, for the most part, fill any role and “flex”. Hog for me is just a fun hero to play

In QP with masters they actually do try to win, they switch characters to improve team comp, they don’t talk crap, they combo ults, unlike pretty much anyone plat or lower. To be fair Plats try as often as they can, but it takes more practice than people think to ult combo with someone you don’t know.

I’ve been playing with my GM and master friend for so long, we have that synergy, but I can’t play comp with them, because this game isn’t designed to make people better, it’s designed to keep below artificial plateaus.

Honestly Roadhog’s biggest issue right now is inconsistency.
What I’d do is make his hook stop all momentum (including gravity), reduce its cooldown to 6 seconds and buff its damage to 50.
This would solve his consistency issues by completely killing the LoS loss problem and allow him to secure kills more often.

Where is this magical place you speak of?

This is correct. I dislike his randomness.

Most masters never say a word, the ones that do, are mercy mains, that get rolled by low gold one trick sombra mains like myself.

I have some great screenshots of 3600 healer mains getting all bent out of shape cause I made them look dumb.

Well Mercy mains don’t really deserve much respect. There are exceptions, though.

Many of them are boosted.

Maybe reduce hook to 6s, fix the new bugs and reload one ammo into the mag after a successful hook?