I think it's safe to say to finally buff the pigman

We’ve been here before. We, for the most part, agreed that Hog was okay.

But I think the meta shift made him garbo. He definitely needs his old 6s cd hook back, maybe some other QoL buffs.

What do y’all reckon?

9 Likes

I think it would be nice to fix the small discrepancies in his hook as a QoL change but otherwise I feel comfy with him. I think reinhardt needs more attention rn anyway and as we know the team can only look at one hero at a time in depth (as evidenced by history)

4 Likes

from a perspective of a hog main, well maybe a minor buff would be nice. but inconsistency is his main issue.

Currently, if you hook someone, and you lose LoS the hook breaks. That’s fine, but it’s caused some issues where you hook someone but it just breaks for no reason.

4 Likes

I don’t think he needs buff just because he isn’t viable in the current meta anymore.

The meta seems to be changing again and Roadhog might be more viable.

But I wouldn’t be against changing the cooldown of his hook, but right now do I think he need bug fixes.

They need to buff or rework his ultimate.

It does way to little damage considering the amount of CC in the game, or just rework his ult completely.

Everything else I think he’s fine on.

1 Like

I’ve found his ult to be quite useful. Can instant kill pretty much anything if you get them stuck, works pretty well with graviton as well. Recently got changed to reload the gun, but i feel like it could be a little better. But the damage it does isn’t the problem i’d say, but the problem is how easy it is to shut down

I think what all the CC in the game means is you HAVE to be MUCH more careful with how you play Hog, you can get stunned out of pretty much all your value so you cant be willy nilly anymore with anything.

I agree that they should fix the bugs first before buffing his hook :wink: :smiley:
But so many heroes need bug fixes and they are not in sight.

I’m not certain…Hog’s kind of a monster, I was fighting the idea of predictable spread on Hog for a while, because his damage is already awesome…but it could definitely help without disturbing too much.

And I found that’s not true, more often than not.

He can barely even break Brig shield at medium range with it.

Further more, I’ve unloaded his ult point blank into orisa’s facial cavity and she walked away like nothing happened.

No his ult needs a massive damage increase, and it’s way to easy to interrupt.

1 Like

The issue I find with Hog is his boom-or-bust playstyle. You gotta be spot on with your hook, otherwise he’s meh at best.

And with the new Ana buffs, she’ll be in many games, making Hog even less desireable. Plus Lúcio.

Then I believe youre using Hogs ult incorrectly if you’re using it for damage, it CAN be used for that in certain scenarios but that is the least effective part of that tool, and thats by design. I think the main problem is that the best character to play him against, reinhardt, is wholly ineffective anyway so you’re going to see less of Hog. In my opinion.

His ult actually does the most damage out of anything in the game lol. When I use it it destroys barriers. But like I said he just loses his survivability.
Most of the time it feels like not using it at all is the solution.

I’d use it as a knock back, except that it gets interrupted before the animation even starts.

But what do I know.

And that’s why it needs a damage buff, or a rework.

So you agree with me.

That’s why it doesn’t need a damage buff

Then you might want to not contradict yourself.

I don’t know what you know.

This is what I mean though, I used to be able to spring Whole Hog in the middle of a team and split them in half but now I need to use it more in tandem with my team or force a pick off with my hook and then pop it after the key target is down. Playing him more with dive I have found oddly effective actually.

I don’t see how I’m contradicting myself. My point is the survivability and utility outside of ult is overall more useful. The damage is the one thing that is better.

And again, that’s why it needs to be more punishing, or a rework.

You can thank Jeff for all the CC’s recently added to the game.

1 Like