I think Hanzo is going back to F-tier

Lets give Winston for example that apparently is utterly destroyed by new Hanzo.

Before the rework Hanzo had a fair chance of straight up winning that engagement. If Hanzo landed the scatter, he won.

Now, Winston jumps, Hanzo lunges out of range… Now you got a 600hp barrier to deal with before even touching the Winston.
So unless your team breaks that shield very quickly, this engagement is more of a stalemate not that a 50/50 toss up who will win.

Yeah scatter was never a problem. People just hate skill. And that’s why they are complaining about tracer , genji , widow and now hanzo.

To be fair, yes he does need that lunge. Also it makes him for me at least allot more fun to play.

And Hanzo will be fine

Then that Winston has expended both his jump and his barrier for no value.

Hanzo can’t easily punish Winston right away if he doesn’t exit his bubble, but if he doesn’t, the fight is now 6v5 as he’s dry out of position and no range, assuming the Hanzo he dived on was properly positioned.

Better than being dead though right, which was old Hanzo!

Also would like to add, if Hanzo tries to shoot Winston after he uses his lunge using his primary, Winston will catch up to you because of the decreae movement speed!

Maybe thats a good way of balancing Storm :sweat_smile:
Just make it so it slows movement speed like his primary.

Which is pretty dumb, i thought people wanted variety, more viable heroes, means more ways to play this game, owl strat is varied now, it’s not just dive over and over. Heck, the strat will even more varied in low to mid level game. Some people in this forum are pretty narrow minded sometimes

Yes it’s certainly better for Hanzo than before, which is not a bad thing. The old Hanzo could hardly win against Winston even with scatter if he dropped the bubble before landing.

I was trying to argue Hanzo will still be fine as storm arrows combined with lunge make him a threatening duelist to most.

Though I will admit that Winston forcing Hanzo to reposition can be a net gain for Winston if denying that area is vital and Hanzo can’t reposition to another location of value.

Winston was significantly easier to kill with scatter than with this iteration of storm arrows. Body shot midair scatter off the bounce; two shot every time.

This is why the forums aren’t taken seriously, you guys deny what the game devs say in order to feed your WRONG arguments.

Genji/Hanzo are the most boring AF characters, backstory and playstyle.

I don’t think that’s 100% true.

He’ll more than likely end up in C-tier instead.

He still has his enhanced mobility and Storm Arrow will still be generally pretty useful in a pinch.

Hanzo is meant to supplement as a sniper who can advance with the team but it should not be ALL he can do.

the pro’s spent 2 weeks trying to make new sombra work because she felt super OP in their streaming matches vs GM’s.
in reality the team that ran sombra the most lost.

new hanzo is super new to them and its going to take a little bit for him to settle in the pro meta.

If the pickrate is fat enough to have him on both sides in a good amount of games, then the winrate drops down

Remind me again what version of the game owl runs on? Did they update finally?

It’s the current version :joy:

I recommend you go watch it!

1 Like

You’re right that he does decently against a single dive tank. But that doesn’t mean he’s decent against dive. In a dive comp you should expect to get dove by about 4 people at once and one of them is likely to be damage boosted. Also there will probably be a shield and a DM used which will make getting a kill much more difficult.

They’ve increased his lunge cooldown by 1 second. Why is this enough to put him back to F-Tier? :thinking:

He hasn’t been nerfed very much, just small QoL changes to make him less dominant.

Hanzo even after nerfs. Has a strong burst, lunge, vertical mobility and one shot kill potential with primary and a ultimate that is the strongest combo with Grav in the game which he has up frequently enough to use outside of grav for zoning purposes.

Yes Graviton is getting nerfed but Zarya isn’t. The less decay rate on Zarya’s charge buff will allow Zarya to do more damage which in turn means that Zarya will have ultimate available more often, making the Dragon+Grav combo more frequent. Ever seen games where a Zarya gets 2 gravs in one team fight(all you have to do is watch players like Zunba, I’ve done it myself)? that will be easier to achieve now.

Even with Mccree and soldier getting range buffs, it still doesn’t negate Hanzo’s higher evade ability and stronger short term burst potential with Storm arrows.

I don’t see how he can become F-tier though he might fall out of grace somewhat, but that is a good thing.

This right here.

Hanzo can deal with Dive heroes 1v1 better after the rework but he can’t deal with two dive tanks and a Genji/Tracer if coordinated enough, which is probably why you don’t see him all that much in OWL since they still like running Dive tanks.

Hanzo should be filling the same kinda role as Widow and McCree since they are supposed to be based on precision and not spam.

Hanzo Widow McCree
Avg Damage (GM) 19,757 10,913 13,694
Avg Elims (GM) 28.83 24.06 25.63

Overall I think he’d be fine after the nerfs, he still has the same travel speed so his shot consistency will be the same, he’ll just do less damage. After the nerf I think he will be more in-line with the other DPS

He’s never needed that Lunge. He’s a mid-range one shot monster that just got an arrow speed increase along with machine gun arrows. That Lunge allowed him to take flanks/angles that should’ve rightfully got him punished along with making a dive on him extraordinarily harder. He can escape any follow up from a Winston Dive if you time the Lunge with the KB of Leap and now Winston is in trouble.