I strongly expect them to revert role lock

Wow, 8 friends quit the game on your friends list? Well, 8 friends returned to the game because of 2-2-2.
FRIENDS LISTS AREN’T A RELIABLE INDICATOR OF THE PLAYERBASE

1 Like

if people are quitting its not because of role lock.
the issue is they rolled role lock out before they made hero adjustments to suit it.
which is part of the reason why noone wants to queue as a tank… its boring to play sheilds . their lack of meta adjustments may have more to do with it.

1 Like

Depends on who it affects and in what way. They hate Sombra, so it was a given they would act quickly to undo something that made her stronger. Meanwhile, how long did it take for her having a bigger than normal critical weakspot to go away? How long did it take them to fix some (keyword: some) of her hack bugs?

1 Like

Destiny 2 just released a bunch of new content, not just a couple of skins and the same old seasonal events. It also went F2P so that’s going to drive some new players there, at least for a little while.

Rein + Sigma + two of Orisa/Zarya/DVa + Lucio + Brigitte/Baptiste + Moira

Enjoy, fam

There aren’t enough tanks for that to actually be an issue, do you really think tanks would have such short queue times if there were?

Besides, we already got a chance at that during RQ beta and it was applied to comp but Quickplay didn’t have it. We barely got double shields (and this was with everyone trying the new shield tank!), and triple shields was non-existent.

I strongly agree with that, and I have had a lot of people on my list who were being vocal about quiting the game including myself if 2 2 2 wouldn’t have been added this season… The game became unbearable I really know though that dps players took a big hit when role q came out and they are the biggest player base in overwatch I think or at least there are a lot of wanna be dps, since anybody can play dps now with a guaranteed healer and a guaranteed tank… Before you didn’t have to wait and you would have 1 or 2 throwers everygame and now you have to wait but you get all the required roles… And that made people q for dps even more…

I think it’s normal though, when you go the amusement park the coolest Rollercoaster has the longest line it’s up to you if you want to wait or not

I’ve quit because of role lock.

2 Likes

Idk, my games are way better. I play tank and support so maybe that’s why. The game is over saturated with dps mains, not all of us wait that long

I personally know several people who started playing Overwatch again since role queue was introduced. Now what?

There are too many DPS mains in the game. Most of them are bad and throw fits. IMO, I would much rather a few of them quit and have tank/support players who have quit come back to balance it out.

While dps are the most played role, a majority of the players player tank / support , and they most CERTAINLY wanted roleQ.

That is the common sense here.

They don’t want to solo tank / support.

You are trying to say all of the casual overwatch players are dps players

1 Like

Yeah, everyone hated “tank chicken”. Under the old system only selfish people got to play what they wanted, anyone who cared how their team did got stuffed into a tank or support (usually tank) role every game. The only reason you got to DPS quickly before was because you were forcing someone else to play something they didn’t want to play.

1 Like

do you happen to be friends with a lot of alt accounts?

ya know, the things that aren’t as important anymore since role-specific SR?

Honestly the thing that’s killing the game is the balance situation, and the current meta. The current meta is the most restrictive ever, it isn’t fun, and unlike previous metas it’s affecting all ranks and even QP. Double barrier is poison, and they need to kill it as soon as possible.

You forgot the /s at the end.

They won’t revert it. The furthest they’d go is add Classic Competitive mode lol. But then they’d also add more incentives to playing role queue probably.

That’s why “Casuals” shouldn’t play competitive. Stick to quick play classic if you wanna wanna play dps so bad.

People on my friends list were quitting WoW back during Cata and Blizzard didn’t change anything. They keep on that same path and look where they are now.

That said, I personally still think 222 is better than before. It will take time to smooth out adjustments with heroes and so on. If they don’t speed up balance changes then I expect things will go down hill.

Do you have any factual and feasible evidence of this?

Because according to actual, official developers comments, the majority of the player base clearly very much enjoys 2/2/2 role - lock as shown below:

And especially right here:

So you know what else is common sense concerning casual players in almost every single online game out there? They don’t play Competitive in the first place, which means they’re more than covered by Quick Play/QP Classic, which are both great options and the most rewarding they’ve ever been.

And even if a percentage of them plays Competitive, then they would most probably play in a low/mid rank, where the queues are most of the times completely normal.

1 Like

Give me another source to earn golden weapons, and I would never touch comp beyond the qualifiers to earn my free spray/icon. Unfortunately, if I want to gild my heroes in gold, I need to play comp now and then because match volume earns a lot more CP.

The only major thing that changed in the last months is role lock. Anyone that is quitting currently is either directly because of role lock, or because of the ripples role lock created (double barrier meta, queue times, death of flex play, etc).

Even Sigma is only strong because of role lock. In QPC he is overwhelmed by 3+ DPS and can’t cover all angles, making his shield unreliable to stand behind to hold your ground.

1 Like