I really don't like the addition of Echo

Well yeah of course. The issue is that dps hitscan are the ones that can consistently land hits against her. And if you’re a Tank you limited to easily healed chip at best.

She moves faster then Pharah, and if you pair a pocket Mercy with her, no projectile user in the game will land enough hits consistently to out dps pocket healing short of a well placed Hanzo arrow.

Trying to land projectiles on heroes over range can be difficult as it is. When you add in 3d movement via flight, the number of heroes you have that can practically and consistently land shots is even harder.

It’s why Pharmercy is such a hated combo. It makes Pharah largely immune to poke and chip damage, and basically forces you to burst them down, with which only a few dps hitscan are capable of, or ignore them and try to win the ground game before the Pharmercy can eat away at all your teams resources.

Either way it isn’t fun to play against and we don’t need more of it in the game.

5 Likes

Yeah, same. If you can deal with Pharah, you can deal with Echo. Her wings have a HUGE hitbox, but a good Echo won’t be flying around all the damn time.

I honestly think she’s worse than she seems and once people figure out how to play her better she’ll absolutely wreck.

Her burst damage is ludicrous. If she gets a clean combo on a tank, it’s dead. And she can fly and sneak around so that shouldn’t exactly be hard.

1 Like

lol why does it say that was a reply to you? I was just making a post, not a reply.

oh, rip. I dunno.

Her flight isn’t intended to be disabled via hack. Kaplan said so himself in one of the other threads. :confused:

1 Like

Uh huh. So she gets to fly and Soldier 76 can’t even run. Mary Sue indeed.

5 Likes

I never knew Pharah was that much of a struggle for players.

In the few games I’ve played with her… she’s certainly making the games that much crazier and confusing!

And killing her in her ultimate form is so annoying… “Yes, we got her… oh, no she’s just got full health and I’m at nothing dueling her, guess I respawn now after these stickies land”.

1 Like

Pharah is a freaking nightmare in low plat and below. The only players who can even fight a Pharah are decent hitscan. If you’re low rank, those don’t exist in your games. So…

3 Likes

The same could be said for any hero though. A Genji in the hands of a Diamond Genji main vs in the hands of, say, Necros or Seagull is a huge difference, but that doesn’t mean Genji is OP. Same with any other hero, and I don’t think Echo is any different in this regard.

There is an element of skill involved with Echo, as with any hero, and I think it’s deceptively higher than what most give credence to. Nerfs to her kit will only exacerbate this.

She is new. Most people are just getting their first taste of Echo’s kit, both using and dealing with it. As much as people will get better with her, people will get better dealing with her too.

2 Likes

Make it 3, don’t forget Mercy zipping between the 2 and having the time of her life.

On the bright side, if your dps is not good with hitscan, they can use Echo to shut down enemy pharmercy.

4 Likes

Pharah is only ever considered a nuisance when she’s being pocketed with Mercy.
The amount of healing in the game and mobility creepy has made the combo weaker over time, though it can still be frustrating from time to time if people on your team aren’t coordinated.

Heroes always start out weaker than they become. It’s easier to play into a hero than to play a hero. Echo will get stronger over time.

She just needs nerfs. Almost everyone agrees, and her comp stats are going to be ludicrous when they come in.

3 Likes

Wait what? Got a link to that?

I get that she’s their new golden girl, but I can’t fathom why her glide isn’t disabled considering Mercy’s is, and you literally hold a button to activate it.

1 Like

Not familiar with linking posts, but it is the first blizzard reply in this thread

That’s good. That rewards knowing a wide variety of heroes and not just one tricking one hero or one role. Jeff literally said in an interview that Echo is “a loveletter to flex players”.

My friend is a flex player who plays a ton of all of the roles, and Echo is her new favorite main as she can really shine and also gets to do her favorite role (DPS) whilst also adapting to the situation and pulling out her tank/support skills when need be. It’s amazing to watch and play with her.

A good Echo will thrive if they know all the roles, I love it. Especially when 2-2-2 removed fleixng

1 Like

The flying honestly isn’t the worst part about her tbh, I had back to back games with Echo’s on both teams. The problem with her right now is that she shreds shields like you can not believe.

If they’re not gonna tweak her, then we might have to buff shields again for tanks because dear lord, shields already were like wet tissue paper before her after the shield HP nerf…

7 Likes

Thanks for the link.

…that makes less then zero sense. Why would they add inconsistencies to Hack, and let Echo’s passive be literally the only one that doesn’t follow Hack rules?!

2 Likes

So far this is and her ult are my biggest concerns. Like she’s waaaay tougher to shoot out of the sky than pharah, because her movement isn’t as limited as pharah’s.

Echo should not be the better aerial fighter. That’s pharah’s stick, but this crazy robot can zip through the sky like she’s an invisible sombra on the ground. Her movement speed is ridiculous, and it makes her sooo hard to deal with, plus she gets a ult that resets her health.

Its pretty bonkers lol

4 Likes