I Quit (RichC) šŸŗ

Iā€™m sorryā€¦ who are you?

1 Like

Why are threads like this permitted on the forums? Any goodbye threads should be locked and the OP banned for 30 days to make sure.

5 Likes

wellā€¦ thatā€™s how opinions work you think about it, and then you say it.

RichC has been here since the beginning and has been one of the most positive influences on this forum. He is a presence that will be missed by many of us

2 Likes

I still donā€™t know who he is as this ā€˜most positive influenceā€™ I think thatā€™s a pretty big exaggeration. Heā€™s some guy that makes Youtube videos and tries to use the forum to get them bonus views.

Itā€™s one thing to admire someone but making such a bold assertion is hilarious, someone will take his place and heā€™ll probably be back in a matter of time. Then everyone who ā€˜missesā€™ him can feel silly.

4 Likes

now thatā€™s just rude

RichiC is pretty known around here and he is a good guy, he didnā€™t make the video ā€œget more viewsā€

1 Like

This is one example of many. They said weā€™d get earthshatter fixes in April and still nothing today but an animation change.

2 Likes

live with honor , my friend, my brother, my king

If I am not mistaken is he not the guy who makes these threads pretty much always includes some sort of video? If he does it for the community thatā€™s one thing but given the title of this video and his thread his ego seems to have been stroked a bit too much by the community.

1 Like

I honestly never even knew he had a YouTube until now, this was the first I heard of it and he has always been positive. Perhaps a bit too positive. He blames bugs, but basically argues that he is not going to bash the developers. It is this constant white knight attitude of ā€œeverything is fineā€ that leads the developers to believe there is nothing wrong. Bugs included. You have to make noise to get changes. Anything that has ever been changed in this game, you guessed it, we asked for it relentlessly in some way, shape, or form.

He probably will be back, most people who quit come back and I am fairly certain he threatened to leave before. Maybe even twice over. Realistically, unless you have a replacement game, it is pretty hard to just outright quit. That being said, I am sure that people who interact with him daily will genuinely miss his presence, it is not that much of a stretch.

2 Likes

when youā€™re a known player around here how is it egotistical to add your name on the title?

if someone like him quits then then many players here would want to know why

1 Like

Well, yes and no.

Generally, people have an opinion because they bring it to a discussion and are willing to take in new information, new views, etc.

Not trying to reinforce theirs fully, as if it is a fact, and as if anything that contradicts it is incorrect. :stuck_out_tongue:

this isnā€™t an airport, donā€™t need to announce your departure

2 Likes

Because every thread already has the name of the OP on it. This isnā€™t 4chan.

2 Likes

Heaven forbid we get a little bummed someone we enjoyed conversing with on the forums is leaving. Heā€™s one of the few positive people on here in the sea of complaints and toxicity

2 Likes

People generally pay more attention to titles than they do for users who write them. No one looks at a title, and thinks ā€œOh, wait, who wrote this before I click on it?ā€

Itā€™s not egotistical to put it in the title lol

its there to catch your eyes, i donā€™t look at the names of a poster.

i would guess many doesnā€™t either

for you, iā€™m gonna be more positive

2 Likes

Well there you have it folks. People who are most likely to be fanboy / fangirl sheep donā€™t read things. Probably the same ones who watch youtube videos because the thumbnail has a huge red arrow pointing at a picture of the youtuberā€™s open mouth. smh. How old are you guys, even?

3 Likes

Have a good one RichC! Thanks for the great chats :blush: