I miss Symmetra 2.0!

There is one thing I fear though that depends on the upcoming “next maybe” ptr changes.

We might be turning Sym and Reaper into “Beyblade” Heroes, be OP for awhile, then nerf them back down.

Would be kinda the lazy thing to do… but it’s one path I see us going.

(Hoping for the opposite path)

In what way do see Sym as a Beyblade hero?

Well they keep upping the beam damage. (Depends what they do next)

She doesn’t really need greater damage tbh. She just needs more opening to use it via with more health/mobility/protective abilities.

If they nerf her damage, but give her a way to do a good approach to enemies without so much risk, it would be an overall buff, not a de-buff.

I know she doesn’t need greater damage… been going that direction ever since we increased the beam from 10 m to 12m… (Which had me flipping tables)

an increase to her range would actually be a good thing! if they increase it to 15m + it would be very good for her.
And if they fix its animation (making it look more fluid like Moira’s beam instead of this stiff version) it would be also an EXTREME buff to her. Not in the form of a lock or damage, but it would give the players some indication that they are actually doing something with it

I get how it’s a good thing but mad that’s all the did for months after her rework

i am not mad (yet) that its taking so long.
I know that Blizzard is working hard on a lot of stuff, and i fully understand how hard programming and animation is for such a complex game like Overwatch. Just making the beam look curvy would take a while…

I try to have lots of patience with them.
I sometimes may say very mean things while i criticize them, but I also know they aren’t dumb. In fact, i dont think they are “trolling” us at all. Its much easier for them to give us what we want for us to stop whining, so trolling would be counter-productive on their side.
Everything they do, I believe, is done with extreme attention to detail

I just know I been suggesting the best changes… for… well around November and even further then that depending if we are talking barrier or teleporter.

i know, i have been following your suggestions, and they are good. but dont give up! eventually, Blizzard would have to listen to someone

what was your opinion on my suggestions again… (Honestly been getting old… been playing Mei as a replacement)

opinion on what exactly? im confused

sorry, was busy, just edited it.

i remember i really liked an idea where her turrets were a barrier while flying through the air. was that yours?

1 Like

Yeah but what about the other half (3rd person placement Teleporters/Shadestep)

its alright, its actually a very neat idea, but in a fast game like OW, i think it would leave Sym too exposed by the time she figures out where to place it, and actually use it

Oh come on, I think we learned from Mercy and Junkrat hiding can be done

welp, as long as she has access EVERYWHERE on the map within 30m or more, independently from her field of vision it could be AWESOME. But also OP. Imagine a random TP bomb?

Too bad she was unhealthy for the game just like mercy 1.0.

Still is actually. Hopefully another rework will strip her of her no brain all luck play style.

luck? are you talking about Hanzo? or Junkrat?