I miss Symmetra 2.0!

The only reason I mentioned touching the point is because of the effect it has on respawn times. On Defense, imo, if Rein dies, Sym should ult. It’s mainly to try to keep yourself alive, and if your team is smart they will treat you as the temporary Rein. Sym with her shield up, protected turrets, beam charge, and support can create a ton of pressure.

Her ult isn’t the only defensive support ult you should be relying on tho. Even so, it builds extremely quickly, and Sym can easily get behind an enemy shield to farm ult from range with orbs.

I fully agree. And man… Old photon barrier would have made it even better, it would help her engage due to her melee ranged gun.

1 Like

Added your vid to my topic

1 Like

Same here even though I still have some 1% faith she might comeback better, but not with these guys.

These players who support 3.0, but dislike our opinions on her beam not being autolock saying we have a tough time aiming. It’s not hard aiming the beam, but it’s potential isn’t executable like her previous beam which had autolock.

If you say most Sym mains did. Why aren’t they here? Most of them already have left and I don’t see those names anymore. Most of them gave their opinions. They dislike 3.0 because it’s not here. Blizzard only reworked her because they didn’t see any purpose for her in support, but pretty much failed to see it. Removing auto-lock was because of players complaints and not the breadcrumbs excuse for you guys to believe.

To be honest it’s more of a burden than anything. Overall not as effective since with her old kit she either gave shielding with E ability or photon barrier to block incoming damage while pushing.

Ferret will find any excuse to counter not realizing it’s futile with Symmetra. We all know Symmetra is a trash hero. We just happen to like her because her support designs were great, but never tweaked properly.

1 Like

It won’t and you can’t convince people because they already know Symmetra hence why she has the rep. Stop trying to be positive on it if the developers don’t care. A ramp beam saves her kit as whole? As you kidding me? You really hype for that where she needs help in other areas?

Frightening to whom exactly? Since you know this is a team based game in at higher levels you know good and well does not get accomplished much hence looking at who are top heroes, her statistics and negative feedback.

Not about aiming. It’s about executing enemies with beam. 2.0 did a lot better due to auto lock, but also hoping to survive the outcome. 3.0 is doesn’t have that benefits because enemies already juked it and got you.

Overall auto-lock served as her offense and defense. 3.0 beam no longer serves as anything, but a barrier eating that other heroes can deplete better.

Which means you already blew most of your ammo.

Yeah and on that note I can tell you fight against rookies in your caliber. If you want to talk about opportunities you’re certainly using Symmetra in the wrong. I’m not saying your story sounds fake, but knowing how competitive this game can get especially against tough person and not one sloppy Tracer. I can’t take your tips serious when it certainly does do anything on pressure moments.

I’m sorry, but it’s not good nor going to help her out at all outside of death-match.

I don’t want to sound like ‘that guy’ but I’m looking at everyone’s SR here and I’m noticing a trend.

People in Plat or lower miss the old sym while people in masters and above are saying shes more useful now.

Id just take that into consideration.

With an attitude like that why are you still here?
If you don’t think anything can ever improve why bother sticking around?

Did I say it saves her kit as a whole?
If I did then I take that back as I clearly misspoke due to me trying to not turn every post into a wall of text.

It is yet another part of her kit and nothing in any heroes kit should be considered in isolation.
Her ramp beam has a place, Her orbs have a place.

Her ramp beam isn’t the one source of her damage, Her turrets are not her only source of damage.

Which is scarier orbs that can be eaten by defense matrix or deflected and even dodged or a level 3 beam that instantly hits targets?

I think this will be my last reply to you as you don’t seem to comprehend what I am actually saying.

They changed more than simply removing auto-lock.

Auto-lock is not why the beam is under performing.
It is the other things that were changed.

The ramp up time literally doubled but you seem to only think it auto-lock is why the beam is different now so I’m done replying to this.

It’s hard to take anything you say seriously.
I am using her wrong yet I am not struggling to use her beam, Alright then.

Continue to under perform and play badly while dismissing anything anyone says that could help you, I am done with this nonsense.

I would say good luck but what’s the point you wont be able to use her beam unless it has auto-lock which is never returning.

I can say the same about old Sym before 3.0 with the same results. Take that under consideration, but acknowledge that they aren’t one tricking her solely.

Because I still play the game and provide feedback? Sure they might not care, but one day a light bulb will shine.

You’re trying to preach it that way though in your post.

The thing is primary before 3.0 was her source of damage when dealing with players. Now it’s not as effective without turret support overall becomes more of a burden in her kit and making her sit back more.

Wondering how you’re still alive. You sure you’re going against strong players?

Comprehend on what? The real truth or what you want to believe the developers tell ya. If they’re not truly honest with their game as you can tell. Why should they be honest to you when they can throw breadcrumbs and make you believe why they did it that way? It’s called damage control and being good at deception.

Sorry not gullible to believe every word the developers say. There’s always something hidden in the smoke.

Continue to under perform because I rattle your nerves just because your explanations felt like a fan fiction novel? I do fine as Sym like when did 3.0 come out? Almost a year ago and you still want to deny players who disagree with 3.0? Auto lock may never return, but it doesn’t mean it had a purpose which 3.0 lacks. It’s fine though I don’t expect many people to understand it since they view it as a cheesy mechanic.

Best of luck in your matches. Don’t let your teammates down.

You literally told me to stop being positive because they don’t care yet you provide feedback in the hopes they will listen…

If you want to live in denial and believe something crazy that’s your business.

No continue to under perform because you don’t understand how to use a beam that requires aim and ramp up.

You make it clear in your posts you require auto-lock despite the fact it limits a good player.

You ignore the fact that more things were changed and keep talking about lock-on being required when it isn’t.
It is a waste of my time to continue to try to explain anything to you when you do not seem to comprehend anything that I say or that anyone else who doesn’t need lock-on says.

I don’t have a problem with people who disagree with 3.0, There are play style preferences but when they keep stating over and over they need auto-lock to succeed despite how much it limits a good player playing against good opponents it really says something about their playstyle and the skill level of their opponents.

I forgot to unsubscribe to this thread so I got a notification, Fixed it now.

OP forgot to mention she was even more niche and probably more useless also…

But I will say this…her old teleported would be great on Paris map given how enormous a run back it is between point a and b

But old symmetra was terrible…she has way more potential nowadays (doesn’t mean she doesn’t have flaws)

You ask me a question so I delivered.

Sorry for being a nonbeliever because I don’t follow their words easily like you do.

It’s your own fault assuming I ever ask for your tips to begin with. Not my problem. It’s you.

lol to those points.

Her damage is higher than ever. “Area control” that D.Va could sneeze on and take out. Health buff, sure. More like an old Orisa shield that was useless after one sec where it flew away, and destroyed itself on impact with any surface. Piercing damage that would do nothing but feed healer ult charge (you couldn’t get pick with them alone). A “poor man’s rez” is worse than a team transport every 12 seconds. She never countered Dive, and in fact was very divable. Her beam does more damage now. If someone walked into an already set up nest maybe. The lock-on charge time and turret setup time made her on of the worst duelist. She could duel a Mercy, or bad Genji at best.

honestly that wouldve been so awkward, and if it worked like torbs, it wouldve been something rly small like a 15 meter shield gen with little to no shields

That’s debatable, but with the rate this game is going they should just give her a gun or a laser hit scan type of gun. Perhaps Fusion Rifle that comes out of hand maybe?

Nah she wasn’t that bad it just she was never tweaked like other heroes. She was a close range hero that had 200hp instead of 250hp and she didn’t have any sort of survivability to survive close range encounters like close range heroes.

Well, Immortality Field is a thing now. It could have worked for a short time and helped out in a team fight.

Her high damage doesnt matter much because it takes God like tracking to get it up to the damage. And even then its hard to do anything with it because of the tick-rate, and the the fact that the damage doesnt register instantly.
Oh and also she can get killed instantly anyway, that giant light saber is very noticable to snipers, or anyone with a greater range then 10 meters. and she has no photon barrier to protect herself. And it doesnt even destroy shields that fast either, thats just kids talk. A Rein can smash her like a bug before she does anything, and the Orisa wont patiently wait for her to charge up her beam and zap her. she will just shoot her in the face

Her current turrets are also destroyed with a sneeze. oh and also, there is less of them, with a cooldown time of a mercy’s resurrect. An Ana can deal with them instantly, she just has to throw a nade at them, or punch them if close enough. In high lvls people dont ignore her turrets

Piercing orbs always helped me out a lot to get ult charge myself, and if you spam it down choke points, i can assure you that you deal more damage then it can be healed. In fact, a lot of the times i managed to kill the supports hiding in the back.

The photon barrier saved me from ultimates, shatters, hocks, tracer bombs, dva bombs, snipers, any form of spam, and made Phara delete herself.
Sure it “flies away” but it does it purpose.
And how do you counter her new photon barrier? Just press W my man.

The teleport was able to save entire matches, and you know it. everyone knows this, and you get it quite fast too.
And the shield gen could make your Tracer and Genji and Sombra unkillable basically. It can turn a Reaper into a tank, and Symmetra herself into a scary force.

She did counter Dive. Genji feared Symmetra to no end, in fact, they were the ones complaining about her. Sombra? She can hack her but what then? Sym just locks on to her. Doomfist? Also easily killed if Sym was careful. Even Tracers were afraid.
What can she do now? Charge off a jumping Genji with PERFECT AIM? And even then its debatable if she gets a kill off.

And also, i destroyed tanks with Sym 2.0, and enjoyed it. The only problem ever was Winston out of all the tanks.

And let me guess. Now you will say “you have to rely on your tanks and healer to help you to charge up the beam, stand behind Rein and bla bla bla”
Thats just it. Symmetra cant do ANYTHING, and i mean ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING without her team. She barely can duel people, she cant charge up, she can’t set up, for her TP to be useful her team has to use it, which they dont, some dont even bother to set up the interact button…
Its like giving a light-saber (that needs time to warm up) to a person in a wheel-chair…

I mean… please tell me… who does Sym 3.0 actually counter besides herself, and players with the situational awareness of a toaster?

Just because it’s not a traditional FPS doesn’t mean you can have one hero that can dance around and not be punished because the game completly aims for you. I couldn’t care less to what buffs they give to her as long as they don’t give her lock on beam back and before you say it’s cause i’m a Genji main nope. I was sick of Sym’s dancing around me crouching at lightspeed without any effort to deal damage to me while i had to use abilities to kill them cause it was almost impossible to do it with them moving around.

to be honest with you, im alright with the new straight beam as long as it actually does consistent damage and has a bit more fluid animation instead of looking stiff like it does now.

My REAL problem is with her current kit, not the beam itself.

(her teleporter and lack of a photon barrier you mean) (already made the “right” suggestions of improvement in my link)

1 Like

thats exactly what i mean, and I already saw it and gave it a heart <3