I LOATHE Hanzo with a burning passion

Note: This is my personal opinion so don’t get triggered, I’m just stressed out by this specific hero and feel I need to say something about it before it ruins my experience even further.

I would love to actually play this game, however I can never actually do so because if I even THINK of confronting and attacking a Hanzo it’s straight back to spawn for me.

Whether or not you’re actually a good Hanzo, it honestly feels like his arrows lock on and home in on your crit spot, to the point where you’ll find yourself getting one-shot by a Hanzo who shot through a crack in the wall and managed to miraculously hit you.

And you know what the worst part is? He’s a ‘sniper’! And I’m sure everyone knows that snipers are basically designed in a way that their damage is not allowed to be nerfed, so these one-shots will never end, and thus I will never be allowed to actually play the game properly without getting shot by, you guessed it, Hanzo.

Of course, I’m expecting a lot of people to say ‘he requires skill’ or ‘Git Gud Skrub’, and to that I say, how the hell am I supposed to fight back against someone who can just one shot me, even when I’m flanking he just turns around and casually one-shots me.

Am I even allowed to kill him or is it illegal, cause it sure feels like it, the least Blizzard could do is reduce his HP to about 150, he’s a sniper so he should be punished for bad positioning, but no, he deserves that 200 HP as well as that one-shot weapon that has a hitbox the size of a cannon ball.

But what about you guys, how do you feel about Hanzo, and if you can, could you suggest ways of taking him down easily?

20 Likes

Oh I feel the exact same way and I suspect there’s many who do. He doesn’t have a bona fide weakness like other heroes do. Great burst damage, sustained damage, mobility, close range, long range, ult that charges every 22 seconds, periodic wallhax, and a borderline anorexic hitbox.

7 Likes

You should probably spend some time honing your movement skills. No way you’re getting that much of headshots if you move unpredictably.

1 Like

How do you move unpredictably when every single hero moves at the exact. Same. SPEED

2 Likes

I can deal with new Hanzo now but he’s still a pain in the butt

He doesn’t. Hanzo mains like to pretend that they’re hitting godtier shots every other kill, but infact his log arrow hitboxes are so big that it’s like throwing a tennis ball into a tractor tyre from 2 meters away. It’s stupidly easy to get headshot oneshot kills with him.

inb4 smallest hitboxes in the game. All OW projectile hitboxes are stupidly large and we all know it.

There is no movement acceleration/deceleration in this game, so you can ADADCrouch spam with no speed loss.

1 Like

The problem though is that that’s your only real choice at surviving against a Hanzo, as a result it’s still predictable as hell

Maybe it’s because I play Hanzo myself that I hardly ever die to him when I’m playing support or other heroes other than him.

Either way, we all have a hero we don’t like. So. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Become a hardcore Snivy!

More seriously, what characters do you play? I’ve found trying to block / avoid his storm arrows and then pressuring him while they are on CD to be effective.

I used to play moira, however I’m starting to really enjoy playing Sombra.

There’s just one catch, if they have a Hanzo, my job is impossible to actually do, sure I can try to catch him off guard, but unless his HP is already low, all he has to do is lunge backwards, use his storm arrows, and then proceed to impale me with a barrage of Arrows which puncture every single one of my arteries and leave me on the ground swearing vengeance.

You do know that he and Genji are tied for second smallest projectiles. Ana has the smallest. Mercy and D.Va have bigger projectile sizes than Hanzo does.

2 Likes

-Increase ultimate cost by 25%
Storm Arrow needs the following:
-Cooldown increased to 12-15 seconds
-Damage per arrow reduced to either 60 or even 50
-Headshots removed during Storm Arrow’s duration.

And there, now he’s reeled back in line with other damage characters.

1 Like

The whole point of the new storm arrow was to reward quick aiming rather than aiming at someone’s feet in the scatter arrow. Getting rid of headshots in the storm arrow kindof gets rid of the whole reason it was put into the game

2 Likes

Actually…

I like Wraxu’s proposed nerfs:

• Reduce the number of storm arrows to 3 or 4 and bring back their damage.
  • Increase leap to 5 or 6 seconds
  • Reduce arrow travel speed.

And probably some kind of increase in ult charge rate.

1 Like

This will become relevant when Genji can kill you in One shot.
You can’t say it’s not too big by saying it’s the same size as another projectile with less damage…

Also lets just take a minute to digest what Geoff is telling us here…

An arrow has the same size hit box as a shuriken.

Lets just say that again in case you didn’t take it in the first time.

An arrow has the same size hit box as a shuriken.

By this logic Hanzos arrows are not too big because they have the same sized hit box as a shuriken that probably has about 10x the surface area of an arrow to impact something. This alone tells me the arrow hit box is still too big.

Thanks for confirming that Geoff.

1 Like

He just makes every other DPS hero trash in comparison.
But this is what the devs do all the time. People complain about a hero, and then they “rework” that hero and make them overly overpowered. Happens every time.
Why am I not surprised?
Mercy, Hanzo, now Symmetra.
The line gets longer and longer.

It already does a flat 420 damage when you land all six arrows on the same target, being more than enough to melt a tank before they have know what’s happening. The problem wasn’t solved by getting rid of Scatter Arrow, it was made worse. Removing headshots from Storm Arrow massively improves people’s chance to survive, increasing the cooldown and decreasing the damage even further improves it as a whole.

Any time you feel like a character is ruining your experience and you want them gone, try playing them for an hour or two (in QuickPlay or Arcarde). I find this usually changes my view when I realize I can’t pull of a fraction of the “easy kills” I’ve had done to me.

That experiment might also have the added bonus of you being able to learn which heroes counter your hated-hero and you can use those heroes in the future. (This is how I learned to just bash Symmetra with the hammer as Rein. I could never take down Rein as Symmetra.)

The only way to beat him is to be a better Hanzo or a good Widowmaker. It used to be fun fighting him as Doomfist, but now he hard counters him.