I just left my first match ever. Feels good

If I leave, I take a long break, screw even trying to assist a team that isn’t in it to win it. Enough is enough with the stress of having to play around more idiots than I have patience for.

I have never left a fight, and i have changed a loss game to a win with an ult… so until it is gone you never know what will happen; I understand how it feels to be paired with noobs, i get them constantly. I train every day 1h and play1 or more hours. then i got noobs that i have to carry to climb up, i dont get a skilled player most of times, but i dont like to leave, sometimes the coins flips i have seen it many times and from the other side i do know what feels like to have a leaver as i have had…

And the irony of his response is it appears he barely plays this game, just spends his time on the forums. Quoting orange posts must equal experience.

Just use LFG 4Head
puu.sh/CnBc0.png
This is at 8pm EST lol.
Game is not dying btw.

I dont understand the correlation between LFG and game dying, could you elaborate?

How is this showing it is dead? You have groups filled and leaving. Ie very recently in it. So go open up your own or wait a lil longer.

Notice how many of those are comp groups? Literally 0.
Plus I just had a game with a ~3900 average 3 stack+ a plat 2900-3k 3 stack on the enemy team while mine was six 3.4-3.6 solo q’ers after a 7 minute wait.
If that’s the best the matchmaker can come up with at 7pm EST that says a lot…

Because LFG is awful for comp and full of those wanting to be carried. It died off due to a feedback loop of bad players rushing to it so good ones stayed away. That and private profiles sabotaging the entire feature of making a team. The 3900 3 stack and 3 2900 stack should be relatively even to 6 solos in the middle. It’s hard to group stacks with stacks as so few are formed for various reasons.

Also did you reset queue time in that? Cuz the longer you wair in it uninterrupted the more matchmaker will stretch to make a team. After 90 seconds or so I exit and reenter to get more even teams.

1 Like

i.imgur. com/Bnfx1uZ.png

I logged on my friends account that is mid plat (the rank that people actually still use LFG) and its soon 4am here and there was still a grp looking for ppl. I thought it was known that on higher ranks people stopped using LFG after like a week of the release or so. So let me ask this again, could you please elaborate how LFG is correlated between the game dying?

Edit: I rerfreshed the finder i.imgur. com/9z6f7XE.png now there is even two groups

Oh I know this, I’ve never used it myself just found it funny that he was told to just use LFG when it’s literally dead for comp. What we need is some sort of role q but without hardlocking roles imo.
And no I didn’t reset the queue I should do that next time it takes too long, but if I’m not able to q with someone 500 sr below me then they shouldn’t be in my game either.

The fact that I got plats in my game at prime time tells me the player base is dying.

Resetting queue aids a ton. Won’t go faster but you’ll grt much more even games. LFG works alright for lower ranks but I found it to be “carry me harder” the feature. These days I befriend those I’m matched with that impressed me with their skills and we go from there. Some bad apples, some sucked in hindsight but we can prune our friends’ list too.

How did that correlate to LFG? But anyways. Ive been playing high dia - low master lately. I havent had plats in my games for ages. I guess its a dead game in NA then or something?

Honestly I thought that was something that only happened on consoles. Technically the averages were kinda close but I’ve never had that happen before even playing at late night so it was kinda shocking that it happened at 7 pm…

I have no clue about consoles so I cant speak for it. I can only speak what happens in PC EU. And its not dying. Also the point was correlation between the dying and LFG, while you took one example from a long que or something? Yeah ques are long some times. 7mins is something that rarely happens, its pretty much when you play late night with a stack, Ive never had any problems with que times. They are always been low expect the extreme hours with stacks. Maybe you did que 7pm during christmas eve/day?

Nah it was today, just saw this on r/cow and this poor guy got it worse though
https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/a9wej7/blizzard_please_this_is_just_ridiculous_this/

How does a gold/diamond duo get into a masters game at 11:50pm, how does the game not find a plat game to put them into? lmao

1 Like

Usually around 7am CST, when nobody is online, that’s a common occurrence. At midnight though? Yikes.

There probably aren’t enough masters online to fill the game because everyone’s on alts/smurfs screwing around in lower plat anyway. Masters and grand masters always complain that there’s nobody online, then hop off onto an alt to fuel their need for a game.

Had a 4 man from LFG join my game, it turned out (much to the surprise of the other 2 members) that 2 of them were deranking trolls. they trolled and hard threw the game for all of us. Fun.

The post was removed so even if there was a screenshot of something to prove you then yeah…
Anyways. I dont think golds and diamonds should even be able to que together. You are already wildly unbalancing the range so yeah I can believe it happens when you do that. I would never do that so I guess thats why that never happens to me. I solo q or I que with people who are close in SR to me because I dont want the game to be where there is so wide range of players. Some times, really rare tho, I get a game where there is a 2 sack of a gold and diamond or something like that (and that happens like what, 1:100 games or something? its really rare for me at least) and I think its stupid that they can que together, but as long as they CAN que together games like that will happen. Its not the problem of match maker, its the problem that people can que like that. Nothing to do with game dying.

I get triggered when people say this about LFG. I made a thread about this…

and this

If you purposefully leave a match after the match cancel time is expired, you should lose the SR for entire team. Otherwise, i could care less.