How am I supposed to use LFG when there's no lobby and when I make my lobby no one's joining?

I’m being serious, here. I’ve tried to convince myself that I should strictly use LFG, and I open the game and start waiting for what might as well be 6-12 hours (since I just give up and play another game from time to time) and I don’t want to use the r/Overwatch discord server since I don’t want to play at 200-300 ping if I end up playing with players who aren’t anywhere in Asia or Southeast Asia, and the SEA section seems super empty/dead anyways. I don’t want to solo queue because solo queue has mostly involved me having to care about someone else’s feelings or else they’ll throw the game from time to time either because I wasn’t able to heal the player in time or continuously (as we all know, its not always one guy taking damage in anything), I make a mistake in a play (doesn’t even matter if I make up for it), and honestly, its depressing.

I just want to use LFG for more reliability, structure, and stability in a sense that its atleast 1% better than solo queue, but oh well. I think its just a useless feature at this rate.

If it matters, I play (or rather start waiting) at 12 noon to 12 midnight. I have found myself after waiting for effectively an hour of waiting, refreshing, etc… that I just play another game for like 10 minutes or a round, go open Overwatch again, and repeat the process.

It’s 6 or 7am in SEA. What did you expect

I just made this thread because I passed out, waiting, and was like “screw this” and I just made a post (mostly directed to the devs) that their LFG seems non-functional from either a technical level or just a CCU level.

The devs really don’t pay much attention to the forums

Is LFG still dead in the afternoons/evenings?

I start playing (or rather waiting) from noon to midnight. Over the past week, it really feels like it.

I’ll try checking the LFG on US servers when I log on. I don’t normally use it, so I’m not sure if LFG is universally dead or if the issue is your region

On the US servers it’s the same story. LFG looked promising for people who wanted role que. However it just shows that the majority of players don’t want role que.

I suggest that you play what you like. Don’t switch for your team all because someone else wants you to. And just maybe you will enjoy this game… or play other games.

1 Like

If you could customize the group a bit more it may actually be used. But no one is going to LFG if they play off-meta heroes, making the pool pop low. If there was some way to advertise ‘hey i’m probably playing Wrecking Ball don’t join if you’re going to freak out’ then I would use it.

You see, I tried that route. What happened was like 4 straight games of teammates not only berating me, but actually throwing, making the game not only super unwinnable, but much closer to the polar opposite of fun as well as quite effectively not being able to play at all. I ended up just going back to playing Rainbow Six Siege and CSGO. Too bad the Battle Royale patch kinda messed up queue time for modes I actually want to play (I am really not a fan of Battle Royale as a game or as a mode. I just don’t like the mode, and I’ve given it a chance of give or take 200 hours on Fortnite, PUBG, Blackout in Black Ops 4, and even Realm Royale. Just not my cup of tea.), so that leaves me with just Siege, and the burn out kicks in hard.

Because the LFG system is useless when ladder is based around small groups & individual players.

I don’t understand why ppl don’t use lfg.

I’m on US server and the waiting time is… From me getting impatient and solo queue to the only person on my group to get impatient and leave.

Honesty I have an account in Chinese server and their waiting time is 2-3mins at most.

Yeah, I don’t understand why either…

There is literally 0 lfgs in Argentina server. I think I saw one once but it was for qp or something

Welp, useless feature indeed at this point. When CSGO’s “LFG” feature before the Battle Royale patch was in works more effectively… I don’t even know anymore.

I have a theory: everyone sees that lfg is empty, so they don’t join because they don’t want to wait forever. As a result many people want to use lfg but no one does because they don’t think anyone else does.

In the US you could wait anywhere from 1-20 minutes for a group. Asia sounds worse from the way you described it.

If only SEA and OCE weren’t marked under Americas region (a blue post confirms this), I think I might as well go in to US servers if it was allowable without a VPN.

Hi, I know I’m kinda late to the party. But if you really want a duo partner, I can play with you. I’m Platinum (2700-2900s). I mainly play DPS but can flex as needed. So if you are a DPS player too, we can play games where I fill one game and you fill another or something like that because having fun is what matters the most. The SEA LFG is always dead, idk why people hate to use it. It used to be very active when it first came out but then it just died out.

Add me in game or reply here if you wanna group. Idk our SRs are in the same range or not, but I don’t mind making friends anyway. :slight_smile:

Its not that people dont want role que. But its that lfg puts u against other 6 stacks most time and if roles are locked for ur lfg group the enemys roles are not so u are put at a disadvantage and on top of that the enemy 6 stack could be all friends that play all the time together and makes the game unnecessarily harder. With the locked 222 in ptr this evens the play field better the lfg did due to what i said above. :slight_smile:

LFG is stupid. It puts you against actual 6 stacks who play together regularly and you are just 6 random players who happen to be online at the same time. Contrary to popular belief, having 2/2/2 every game isn’t the secret to climbing. I’ve won games in masters with 6 dps, 4 dps and 2 tanks, 5 dps 1 healer, and all types of other silly comps.

I had someone yesterday say they were going to throw if we didn’t get 2/2/2 (we had Orisa, 3 dps, 2 healers) and I convinced them to try it for 2 pushes and I’d swap to a 2nd tank if it wasn’t working and we ROLLED the enemy team. 2/2/2 might “encourage” your win rate, but it isn’t the only way to win and LFG is the worst way to try to climb.

1 Like

I agree with everything you said except for the part where 2-2-2 encourages your win rate. I’d argue you are actually worse off with it because forcing 2-2-2 on your team makes people play characters they are worse on. This was also seen when I kept track of my games playing in plat -> diamond on an alt. Anecdotal but makes sense to me.