I hated being told to swap to Mercy as an Ana main

The title is “I hated being told to swap to Mercy as an Ana main.”.

I hated being told to swap to Mercy as an Ana main.

And you can bring up my old posts, I hated this and was something I had in the past. So now let’s fast forward to today. To the real current trends and not these deceptions and misconceptions being thrown around.

Ana, when I wanted to play her, I wanted to play her. I logged into this game and booted up Overwatch to play her and got that in my mindset that I’m going to be a BOSS Ana. I am gonna Boss up the game. Going to walk into the field keep everyone alived, get a few shots on enemies, sleep dart a few ults and nanoboost my DPS.

Present day: I hate the idea of being told to swap to Ana as an Mercy main.

Mercy is now being ragged on to swap to Ana again. Just like it was during the old tank meta days. Where I recall being screamed at by grown men to swap to Lucio or Ana or that I was throwing and deserved a report.

It’s happening again.

And yet we’re told we are fine.

No we aren’t. When I can log into the game and pick Mercy on a team with 4 dps and get YELLED at for it again just like the tank meta when Ana was released no you’re so so so wrong.

Mercy is in an abysmal state and many Mercy players are getting YELLED AT for even picking her. Being told things like this in game:

WHAT MORE DO YOU PEOPLE WANT FROM ME?

I’ve proven the following where I bring up objective statistics and mathematical evidence:

1: Mercy MATHEMATICALLY AND 100% OBJECTIVELY offers less than other healers to a dangerous margin:

2: That in spite of Mercy’s current winrate % in GRANDMASTER that it’s an illusion. Mercy is not in any capacity actually fine.

3: Ana is currently almost at 100% pickrate:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/ana-has-a-nearly-100-pickrate-in-gm-shes-a-must-pick-healer/229069

4: That Mercy was considered F tier since release until up to her rework.

5: She isn’t even given the rewarding feeling of being on fire like other heroes. She is the LEAST on fire hero in the ENTIRE GAME:

WHAT MORE DO YOU PEOPLE WANT FROM ME?

I’ve done the math, I’ve done the research, I’ve done the suggestions. What more do you people want from me?

How else can I show that Mercy isn’t fine, that Mercy isn’t okay?

What will it take?

Statistics clearly don’t matter.

Like 13 megathreads over a year duration where we expressed how little we liked the rework don’t matter.

About the only thing I haven’t done at this point is take a youtube video of the abuse I currently get when I lock in Mercy in game. Becuase I don’t youtube Overwatch, I’m not a gaming channel. I don’t even want to be making these posts instead of content on neurology and software.

But when I want to lock in Mercy I shouldn’t feel like I am going to be ragged on and yelled at by grown men. Do I REALLY need to record this too? And even if I do what will I be told then? That I’m suddenly “cherry picking” instances of it? Or what other argument will be used to attempt to debunk me THIS TIME?

Again: What will it take to show that Mercy is in a pitiful and abhorrent state?

What will it take? Not math, not over a year of threads and opinions, not many youtubers covering the topic not reddit posts nor on fire rates not any of it. Yet I have people who haven’t even clocked a single MINUTE on her in quickplay and competitive coming into my mathematical and statistical posts saying I’m trolling and false flagging my posts.

Because apparently even they gave up trying to disprove STATISTICS AND MATHEMATICAL PROOF and just resorted to false flagging authentic genuine posts with tons of effort and research and time put into them.

Again, WHAT MORE DO YOU PEOPLE NEED TO SEE?

MERCY IS NOT OKAY.

74 Likes

The last time I was told to Swap to Ana and get off of Mercy was back in season 5, I believe. ”Something Something History Repeats itself?” XP

27 Likes

Seriously, take a break from the forums. Several posts a day and you seem more “off” with each one.

30 Likes

The only time I got crapped on- not just politely asked to switch- but made fun of for picking Lucio some seasons back, was by a Mercy main, and this was in an Oasis match we won.

Literally, right after she left the comment of “Yeah, we even won with the worst healer,” a nerf patch for her dropped.

I am perfectly fine with the state of things. (sips tea)

10 Likes

Whenever they tell me to swap mercy, i tell them ill swap to widowmaker or pharah, i have 1000 hours on Only mercy. So thats a bit scary for my team haha.

I do play Widow and Pharah at a grandmaster level on my alt, so im not throwing by saying that.

3 Likes

I’m not making a fool of myself. You’re not going to inject such an insecurity into me for fighting for what I believe in. Playing psychological mind tricks to try and make me feel insecure will not stop me.

I know I am using real statistics. Real math. I provide the sources and anyone can look them up. I know that many people support what I say through thousands of posts that can easily be found in any single megathread or on other forums or youtube or reddit or twitter.

I am not making a fool of myself. So don’t try and inject that insecurity into me. Won’t work, I know I am doing justice.

19 Likes

All:

GM:

Bronze:

DOESN’T LOOK BAD EITHER.

Mercy’s winrate is only below 50% in Gold and below, but her winrate goes up and her pickrate goes down with each higher rank.

I do think Mercy could use a small buff, bur I don’t think she is unviable and useless now.

Being told to switch happens with all characters just as Musica said:

This game is all about switching and countering. I guess the same thing counts for Mercy.

9 Likes

Which one?

-The sub 50% winrate by a statistically significant margin across all ranks?

-The pickrate being half of Ana’s where Ana’s pickrate is nearly 100% across all ranks? Literally the all tab you yourself screenshotted and provided here shows a statistically significant under 50% winrate.

-The 45% winrate in bronze? That’s sure not going to do much but help me prove my point.

-Where Mercy’s winrate in Master is 19/26? She’s well below the half way point. Which is saying a lot in and of itself as she is a support.

I am not sure if you’re trying to help my post or not? If you are then thank you for providing me more evidence to bolster my claim.

Also I’ve already addressed why her winrate is fakely shown as higher in grandmaster in it’s own very detailed post where I literally dissect the argument point by point and explain why it’s a misrepresentation:

12 Likes

Only in gold and below.

For a couple months/seasons was it the other way around.
It’s a different meta right now and Mercy isn’t meta, just as Moira isn’t meta.

Most heroes have a below 50% winrate in bronze. Only 3 heroes don’t.
But at the same time has Mercy one of the highest pickrate in lower ranks.

pickrate: 2.63%
Winrate: 50.80%

Being a support hero doesn’t mean she should always be meta and top tier.
All heroes should have a niche in which they work best, even main healers like Mercy.

Like I said before

I really don’t think she is as bad as some Mercy players claim she is.

But again, I do want her buffed.
She needs a good 50% winrate in most ranks and not in a few ranks.

4 Likes

I mean, I’m on the “Mercy 2.0 is better” bandwagon, but yeah, she’s statistically UP now, and she could use some help. 55 hp/s would be good I think, she was statistically in a decent spot before the nerf but the meta has evolved and I think a full 60 hp/s would make the current Pharmercy pretty darn busted.

2 Likes

She isn’t that bad you know. she’s in more need of a rework that’s why most mercy mains are complaining I’m pretty sure, because they’d rather her be fun and bad than unfun and good (quoting from multiple mercy mains).
I made a post about this a while ago stating why I think mercy is balanced

I didn’t just put in stats btw, I just said my personal opinion on the kit itself and why I think it’s pretty underrated

That was a problem at the start, before people knew how to play her but it isn’t anymore, she has a 50% winrate in all ranks except gold and below(I think?)

And her pickrate is where it should be in GM, 3.41% is solid for a hero like mercy since she isn’t that hard to master/play (yes she requires skill but not as much as other heroes) She also has 56% winrate not 53% in GM.
3.41% is actually quite surprising anyways considering this isn’t even supposed to be her meta since it’s GOATs

1 Like

I read bits and pieces but the post seemed a bit disjointed and angry so I couldn’t continue.

No one likes to be told to swap but I handle it supper easy.

“If you want Mercy you can swap yourself and I’ll fill that dps/tank role your filling”

“Otherwise it’s Ana or no heals, that’s who I can play and that’s who you’re going to get”

You’re in gold… who in their right mind would ask a Mercy to swap to Ana…

4 Likes

We want you to stop.

It’s getting a bit tiring, both for you constantly making these threads, and for us who have to constantly point out flawed logic.

14 Likes

There are a lot of crazy things said in gold. Tis a silly place sometimes.

3 Likes

Wasn’t meant to inject any insecurity in you. Just giving you an advice.

All the people that support you are on your side, and by that i mean that they are just as biased as you are. You can use any statistic you want, but as i said in another topic you made(or atleast i remember you in it, can’t check now) , you use context only when it favors you. You can use any statistic you want, if you give a statistic a biased look and ignore context and circumstances, your whole argument looks silly. Which in turn makes you look silly.

13 Likes

I just tell them no, it’s not hard.

High diamond/low masters here.

Never have I ever been told to switch off Ana, unless we needed a phara-mercy.

1 Like

I’ve spent much more time playing Mercy this season than OP, in both Gold and Plat.

Not once do I remember being asked to swap off. If I did swap, it was by my own accord. And judging from my profile, it wasn’t that often.

Really don’t know where OP is coming from.

5 Likes

I literally just finished a game where we had a Mercy on my team and the enemy team had an Ana in diamomd… the Mercy did much more than the Ana did through out the whole game.

Also on reddit’s discord you’ll see so many Master/Gm players smurfing in gold/plat and they always ask for a support duo that’s a Mercy not an Ana cause she does so much more in those elos.

Honestly OP just does bait posts they don’t even touch Ana/Mercy in comp they’re a Moira main lol

Edit: I finally hit my career high lol

5 Likes