I feel like we should re-try 1-3-2

Sure, id like to prepare a bunch of patch notes before i do though, so give me a sec

Tank players donā€™t want to play alone. And my second reason. Zarya was dumbed down by making E act like Lucio health boost. This is not Zaryaā€™s play style. I would not bother playing tank again.

Alright cool man canā€™t wait to try it

no thanks, as if playing tank isnā€™t enough stressfull, I canā€™t imagine being alone in the point waiting for my teammates to wake up from their beds :alarm_clock:

here it is:

7GGVN

and here are the patch notes im working with right now:

https://pastebin.com/LWYY0MkD

note that the balance changes require testing

and that i had to work with workshop constraints while thinking of the balance changes

2 Likes

Either 1-3-2 or rework tanks to be more like dps. Either way what we have now sucks. DPS and supports kinda too have to wait forever for the ride to start because we canā€™t find 2 tanks.

Just having a look through the changes now, the tank changes look interesting and iā€™ve noticed one of the ashe changes with how her dynamite decreases healing by 25% seems really interesting.

Oh right and i forgot reapers which i think does the same but with his primary, heres the updates version

https://pastebin.com/maqq5smt

Interesting stuff I can help you playtest if needs be add up my bnet: Fuzzy#21849

i added u on bnet

It is a nightmare for tanks. 3 DPS chasing you around and punching you endlessly.

It might be a shocker to many of you but nobody can enjoy something like this. (As a tank)

I hope it never returns.

Link here.
20 characters

1 Like

Theres an issue not discussed with 132 balance that i want to bring attention to. The loss of the off tank role means theres not enough peel therefore off supports need to be heavily buffed and given kits that allow them to peel for themself and their cohealer. Itā€™s one of the big reasons the experiment failed in my opinion.

Because a standard match the team functions like this; off tank and off support peel for main support who heals the main tank who enables the dps. Without the off tank the cycle is broken. A new cycle needs to be created. 132 doesnā€™t just require changes to the tanks to work.

1 Like

yeah thats why im thinking about potential support changes for my custom mode

1 Like

Yeah, so many roles are dependent on the other roles in the game so re-balancing one role really means re-balancing several. I felt the original experiment was rushed and short sighted. I wish i had a high enough trust level so i could post my flow sheet of how a teamfight manifests but alas. Anyway, I would love to help you test this. Add me umbrulla#1865.

1 Like

Good point about the roles.

Hereā€™s the thing: Jeff said there were many things they liked about 1-3-2; they know it was just a quick experiment - he also said some things like they just cant release OW 2 and it be the ā€œsame gameā€. While I am a staunch proponent of 2-2-2, I do believe there is a real chance that 1-3-2 is coming with changes, like some other hints heā€™s given like CC changes, etc.

1 Like

Thatā€™s fine and dandy. But if they donā€™t do serious changes so that the tanks arenā€™t just dumbed down and or copy some other heroes ability. Iā€™m not playing the PVP mode again.

Lots of players hate solo tanking, unless they are playing Roadhog, who they just play as a high survivability DPS anyway.

So really what we are talking about is Roadhog-3-2.

Throughout the months Iā€™ve become more fond of 1/2/3, but needless to say absolutely huge balance changes for all roles and especially Tanks would have to be applied in order for this new composition to be even remotely viable, because if that doesnā€™t happen (and judging by how much time it took for the devs to balance Overwatch for 2/2/2), thereā€™s no way the consensus will change towards the comp to anything other than a ā€œfailed experimentā€ :confused:

I would like 1-3-2 without weird tank changes they did(just see the zarya one and tell me how is it not broken).