I feel like we should re-try 1-3-2

Lol. Yeah. It would but not in the way you think

The amount of Tank mains will reduce by 80% if that happens, trust me, we DONT want that to happen.

It would though. Like I said, there are already examples mate. You cant deny reality and the reality is, it works. Period.

The main contention? People getting too used to 222 settings now and being unable to adapt (the irony in OW).

Again, it is what it is :man_shrugging:

In OQ I’m actually seeing that 1-3-2 is actually usually the better setup there too. Just so much damage, the damage itself is what makes space the OT would.

But 2-2-2 is simply too entrenched in the community now, I don’t think you could go back. It would cost more players than it saved - just as I think 2-2-2 must have done.

How about 1BarrierTank-3DPS-2Healer

With the option of having one “Heavy DPS” per team.

With all the offtanks being “Heavy DPS”

Like I say, it’s too entrenched. A huge number of players dismissed 1-3-2 entirely without even trying the experimental mode.

It could be better, but it’s not really about even having majority support. Most of the players we have now will stay with no changes. But you make a big change like this, you’re gambling that enough of the people who don’t want it stay.

They made that gamble with 2-2-2 already, and honestly, it doesn’t look like the gamble paid off. A majority may prefer 2-2-2, but it looks like a big chunk of players who didn’t want it, plus those who resent the queue times left ended up costing them more than those leaving over no 2-2-2.

That’s why it’s
1-3-2, but with the option of 1BarrierTank-1HeavyDPS-2DPS-2 Healer

I figure the “Heavy DPS” would also have a “first in line” queue to pick them, to get dibs on the initial hero select screen.

Since otherwise Heavy DPS would be first-come-first-serve

More buckets - longer queues.

And again, it’s just too big a change to gamble on at this point.

how abt 2-3-2, I think it will be a good way to spice thiings up and make dps players happy

I’ll stand by thinking that the only team size change that would truly improve things and not have costs equal or higher than any improvements it made would be 2/3/2.

Of course, while it didn’t sound technically impossible, they already made it clear it would be resource heavy and a route they’d be unlikely to go. But as I see it, there’s not going to be any easy way of solving this issue and they might as well go big.

Otherwise, the only thing to really do is the same thing they’ve needed to do for years: Push out more bloody Tanks already and make them half-way fun to play.

Proper balance would make literally anything work. I hated 321, but if we want to keep role queue, that is blatantly the future.

Its funny, because you actually used to be able to run 3 dps AND be able to switch back to 2-2-2 whenever you needed to. Shame not many people never cared about comps before role queue.

1 Like

1-3-2 with overall damage output cut by ~40% would be interesting. It’d still lead to excessively short tank lifetime, but it’d be more balanced than the mess they’ve tried before.

3 tanks 1 dps 2 support

OP dps lol

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

it still doesn’t help against the fundamental problem of people not wanting to tank for strangers in general as tanks have this innate issue of actually needing teammates to do stuff with to actually become fun.

Solo tanking was enjoyed by many since the tanks were buffed and made them feel like they actually could do something, plus the fact that they had the freedom and flexibility to choose what tank they would want to use at any given moment if needed during the battle.

Unfortunately, some people are too reliant on a 2nd tank to be effective.

This will also fix:

1. Double Barrier
  2. Static boring slow deathball strats
  3. Will bring out certain tanks out of “forever offtank” status, since if they buff them then two tanks becomes too powerful

That’s the thing, it’s not more buckets. Since the HeavyDPS option is an “optional bucket”.

It’s merely if somebody wants dibs on playing Heavy DPS, without racing to be the first DPS player to pick the 1 Heavy DPS per team.

It’s still a massive change that will alienate players that don’t need alienating. That’s what 2-2-2 did, even with the “positive feedback” at the time, too many players who didn’t want it, didn’t stay.

I don’t think you can fix the Role Queue problem without significant changes.

And if queue times don’t improve you’re going to lose a ton of players.

And as much as some players think Open Queue is great, a lot would also quit if Role Lock was gone entirely.