I dont understand OTHER Mercy Mains

Yes, I know. Why is my win-rate so low? The system just keeps a man such as myself down. Like, how many gold medals do I need to climb?!

2 Likes

Hahahaha :smiley: i love you :heart:

I just find it funny, really! He’s like a caricature of every DPS main on Platinum.

No. Cut that out, it is common knowledge that I am the blue print for the arrogant platinum DPS main. They copied ME. Not the other way around.

3 Likes

I’m so dumb for even thinking that wasn’t trolling for a few minutes…

1 Like

And how does that change her fun level? Res as an ability requires you to stand still and usually sacrifice yourself in order to try and res someone. It’s the most disengaging ability in the game- that somehow makes up for how unfun she is to play? Not really following your logic there.

We’re not talking about fun, we’re talking about balance.

The problem with arguing that consistency is a good trade off for output really doesn’t work when you’re talking about a game that has many different levels of play - because basically you’re saying right out that Mercy at high levels cannot be as rewarded as high level Ana and Moira players. Their output is simply mathematically higher because they have abilities that amp up their healing, whereas Mercy does not.

It will make Mercy a decent healer only at mid and low levels, because at high levels people will play what they can get the most out of, as skill is not a problem. Ergo, she is not ‘balanced’, because she is not viable at all levels of play, and while I could see some characters being disproportionately rewarded in this manner (Widowmaker, McCree, etc.) a ‘simple healer’ that is supposed to be the primary healer in the game probably should not fall under this category.

1 Like

wait, are we really expecting mercy mains to not be over-emotional?

Everything I’ve posted in this thread has been talking about both her balance and her fun levels so I assumed that’s what you were replying to, sorry.

As far as Res somehow making up for her lack of healing output, I’d still frankly disagree in terms of usage. Being able to bring back a character even potentially every 30 seconds doesn’t actually result in that many resses, and you’re only bringing back another player - that’s not the same as you being a 6th person able to heal and output damage at the same time like literally all the other healers. Mercy is, fundamentally, lopsided right now. Her healing is supposed to be her main bag because she’s the only limited healer. But her healing is now weaker than two other healers in the game. Her ability that supposedly ‘balances’ this trade off is also very hard to pull off successfully and is really best used to reclaim an early pick, rather than providing any mid or late game assistance to the fight.

Right now you’re going to get way more utility out of having an Ana or Moira on your team than a Mercy, that’s the long and short of it. And that’s kind of silly, since that shouldn’t be the case. Mercy should be the best healer, bar none.

1 Like

But that ability to nullify the early pick is incredibly powerful, and the main reason she was nerfed in the first place. But i agree that the lack of healing output doesn’t balance resurrect, and that’s the reason Mercy is falling behind compared to her counterparts. I mean, “You don’t need res when nobody dies” is a meme, but there are shades of truth there.

But honestly, Mercy shouldn’t be the best healer bar none. She should be viable, but she shouldn’t outclass the other healers.

She was made super easy and brainless to play. :/ It used to take a considerable amount of skill and strategy to play Mercy effectively. Only idiots would hide. The rest were planning carefully 2 steps ahead in real time, keeping track of player and enemy ults, positions, and so on, as to not waste your Ult.

I hate everything about reworked Mercy. Basically spectator mode.

7 Likes

Disagree - it might be ‘powerful’ in one sense, but it’s not the same kind of utility that a nade or a healing orb provide. It’s very… Single use. It also isn’t you really doing anything, you’re bringing another player back so that they can do something, it’s really not… the same? At all?

Also - Mercy should be the best healer because she’s the only primary healer. All other healers offer damage at the same time as healing. She SHOULD outclass other healers because SHE IS LIMITED. That’s game mechanics 101.

If you’re making a character sheet and you put all your points in Strength, then you should be stronger than a character who evenly divided their points in all attributes. It’s really, really simple.

2 Likes

Yes, it is. Res gives you another chance on so many levels. Ressing your main tank, for example. Zarya with ultimate up. That changes the game completely. It’s incredibly powerful, you don’t grasp it.

She’s not the only primary healer. Ana and Moira, are, too. Mercy technically offers damage, too, in damage boost and her pistol, but she is worse on damage than the others because either she has an incredibly powerful ability on cooldown (Res) or an incredibly strong ultimate before (Res, too).

The other healers also have their limitations, too. Moira has no utility, she only has damage and healing, while Mercy has resurrect. Ana is vulnerable to everything and everyone, while Mercy has supreme mobility while having health regenerating if she avoids enemy fire for 1 seconds.

Exactly!! Therefore it should be earned almost like how an ult should be earned, oh wait it was her ult… :thinking:

2 Likes

And i agree. If you think about it, res still fills all the things an ult should have: Game-changing potential in an ability, being the strongest ability the user have, etc.

1 Like

From a gameplay perspective she IS balanced now

Gameplay is not balance. Mercy has bland, uneventful gameplay with a desperately low skill ceiling and no playmaking potential to speak of. The Mercy player could just as easily be played by a bot at this point, and she might as well be because god knows there’s very few people playing her for fun.

Nobody is toxic to Mercy mains.

“Bring on the Mercy tears.”
“Love the sound of Mercy mains crying in the morning.”
“The more Mercy mains who quit, the better.”
“Of course they won’t play other heroes–they need Mercy because they want to pretend to play shooters without learning any skill.”
“You’re just mad because you don’t get free wins anymore.”
“Mercy shouldn’t even exist.”
“If you want to be ‘impactful’ play a hero that takes skill.”
“Delete Mercy mains.”
“They’re a cult.”

Mercy’s winrate is bad because you’re bad

Yeah, sure. Check her GM pickrate and winrate then get back to me. She’s not outclassed by every other support hero in the game, the best support players in the world are just playing her wrong!

You didn’t have to think about heal priority before

Pff. Maybe you didn’t. Some of us have actually been playing smart and putting out max heals all along, so we actually do notice when 17% of it goes missing.

The only way you can possibly heal more when your healing rate has been nerfed dramatically… is if you were playing sub-optimally before the nerf. That’s literally all there is to that.

You only climbed because she was OP

I don’t think you understand how SR works. She was OP for everybody and she was almost always played on both teams, so how, in a system that places you based on your performance relative to other players on the same hero, do you propose people climbed simply by maining Mercy if they weren’t particularly good at her?

Mercy is fine because my personal experience has been fine

Funny. I don’t remember holding an election in which the Mercy community delegated you as the representative of our collective experience.

They just nerfed her a little bit here and there

You call 80% of her rez potential, 25% of her ult duration, 50% of her speed, one of the longest cast times in the game and 17% of her hps “a little bit here and there?”
No. They took massive chunk after massive chunk after massive chunk–any one of those nerfs would have put any other hero in trash tier, but they didn’t even phase Mercy. Mercy didn’t need a nerf, she needed a rework because Mercy 2.0 was clearly not designed in a way that could be balanced without also gutting her.

6 Likes

+1 for compelling argument.

Ana and Moira do DPS while Mercy does not. This is a really, really basic concept.

Moira and Ana are healing AND outputting damage. That is a lot of utility.

Mercy both underhealing and not outputting any damage on her own means she is inherently different from these characters. All the other healers, in fact.

I’m really not sure why this is such a fundamentally hard concept for people to grasp? Like - she does no damage. They do damage. It’s… so basic.

4 Likes

People may argue that she can damage boost but personally with the recent nerf im too busy healing to even damage boost at this point!

1 Like