I dont understand OTHER Mercy Mains

I think the trade off is mercy has consistent heals, constant self heal on no cool down and the best mobility. Ana can only heal as good as her aim, must keep LOS and deal with reload, no mobility and a self heal with a very long cool down that really should not be used on herself anyway. Moira has great healing but has to constantly deal damage to keep it going, her mobility is good but not as good as mercy, her self heal is also on a decent cool down.

5 Likes

Look, i need to clarify something important for this thread. It’s important to know context.
Lucio has around the same healing numbers as Ana, but you can’t say to me with a straight face that Lucio is as good as a healer as Ana.

What’s important is potential to save an ally. Ana has bursty, big heals. Lucio aura weak consistent healing, along with Mercy’s, is terrible for that. Sure, it pads their stats, since they are pretty much healing constantly, but Ana’s healing is much more focused and has much more value in the long run.

3 Likes

Again, as a pure healer, one would expect her to not have comparable numbers as rez is her only realistic utility. You have to forgo using damage boost to get comparable healing numbers and she does not have the ability to heal multiple targets without using her ultimate and she does not have access to burst healing. That was fine when she had 60 HPS; however, at 50 HPS, she cannot sustain a team which is her job. That is why they changed it in the first place. Rez is not powerful enough to compensate for the lack of healing she now does. The extra 10 HPS is objectively more valuable not only during teamfights, but over the course of the match as a whole. At least if you look only at the numbers. I guess if you rez someone such as myself, it is like you practically rezzed an entire team and that is worth more than a percentage of healing. It is all highly circumstantial which is probably why her win-rate plummeted.

3 Likes

Uh-huh, sure buddy. Why are some people so out-of-touch with themselves? Have fun in Platinum.

2 Likes

Yup you are right… What Mercy is lacking at the moment is a big burst of healing like ana can do. Thats why the Zenyatta Pickrate dropped significantly and Ana or Brigitte are often played as off-heals to provide this burst damage. I really appreciate that! But i don’t think Ana is able to main-heal when she is below grandmaster.
At least not in my elo… (Master, 3700)

Okay, fine, half a team. Still, best rez target unless we have a reverse booster on the team. Ya jive?

Hahaha :smiley: Sure buddy :wink: but then a good mercy will realize that you are the hard carry and you WILL always get rezzed :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, Ana rising in popularity must hurt Zen a bit too. Ana’s anti-nade is a huge counter to Transcendence.

I think it’s because Main Healing as Ana is a very difficult task. You must have positioning to avoid being killed and have LOS to your teammates, needs aim, is blocked by shields… Those who are capable of Main Healing climb to high ranks quickly. I myself think of Ana as a Flex Healer, capable of fulfilling both roles (Main or Off Healer) depending on player and situation.

It does happen quite a bit, actually. But only the good ones, unfortunately. In fact, it gets awkward when they go way out of the way to rez me into a less than ideal spot. But that is the burden of being a DPS god.

Are you trolling or something? I sincerely hope you are. It’s funny, nonetheless. The mere thought of someone being so arrogant to the point of writing this non-ironically makes me laugh.

Nah, if you want to check my stats, feel free. I am better than you and I am on console. Lul. The SR system is trash but I do not care, as long as I can pad those puppies and make myself feel better.

Yep I agree. I think Mercy is in a pretty solid spot right now. I find valk to be useful enough. Not my favorite ult, but certainly not useless.

And e rez is… fine. I could take it or leave it honestly. It’s still pretty exciting to pull off a rez you had no business getting. And a lot of the time it isn’t just “your enemy was bad” like people claim. Juking an enemy to snatch a rez is pretty nifty.

Yeah her mid fight potential is lacking. Then again, she didn’t have much mid fight potential pre-rework either. At least now she can attempt a rez?

As for her healing, I’ve found it’s still solid. I just heal as much as I can on one target, and rely on my off healer to clean up the rest. But hey, it gives me an excuse to use ga as much as possible. Which is always fun.

If I were to ask for a change: gimme a projectile speed increase. I need an excuse to pull out my sidearm more.

2 Likes

“The SR system is trash” “I’m a DPS god”
Yep, seems like the average Plat DPS to me. It checks out

Hahaha :smiley: Can you send me a link to your overbuff? I can’t find your account :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup exactly my thoughts :wink:

1 Like

Why are you so into me? I did not mean to hurt your feelings. I was just sharing my factual experiences with you. Look, I am sure you are the type that plays with the team, you work together, you communicate, it gave you a bit of extra SR. Good for you. I am not into that, I am a CoD player. I am only interested in dominating my opponents. Take of that what you will.

Alright! Thats perfect! But now you want to show us your ridiculus stats right? :wink:
Where is the overbuff link? :stuck_out_tongue:

Kids play nice! No need to continue this conversation is there?

I’m not into you or whatever dude, you didn’t hurt my feelings either. You’re interested in “dominating your opponents” saying you carry a bunch of puppies by being a self-proclaimed “DPS God” while being in Platinum, maining a broken hero and having a terrible win-rate. You don’t get the joke? The irony?

Ugh… They are not ridiculous, just better than Mr. “I am not plat.” My smurf probably has ridiculous because I one-trick Widow on it, but that profile is private. You will just have to pretend it is amazing.

Why can you not just search my name? Did you try it without the space? It is one word, fam.

Yeah i am just teasing :wink: He is Plat btw Bemloco, but its good to be proud of your skills :smiley:

Edit: Yeah found it…