I dont like developer silence

talk with usss.

114 Likes

i think it means they are working hard for us to enjoy the game (even if i hate the doomfist nerfs)

6 Likes

subjective reasoning, however I have no doubt they are already working on the Archive stuff, which is probably the only event content anyone even cares about anymore, because, you know, itā€™s actually new content.

34 Likes

They are taking their usual 2-month holiday vacation. Will be very busy afterwards - Overwatch League Season 2 demands all their attention.

11 Likes

so they will ignore game again. i hate owl.

55 Likes

Esports are very important for the gameā€™s longevity. They are just not appreciated much by casual audience.

9 Likes

Thatā€™s really the fault of the people producing the eventā€™s entertainment. If they stopped treating it like a ā€œsportingā€ event, and treated it more like a WWE match. More banter, more trash talking, more memes, promoting rivalry (even if it was fake), more bikinis, it would be appreciated and be waaaaay more watched.

A person like xQc (who I donā€™t even like btw) could thrive in this kind of ā€œentertainmentā€ environment, where he canā€™t in a sporting environment. Personally I think that transition would make them a killing $$$$$

8 Likes

Itā€™s been the most reliable event for story progression too.
apart from the McCree/Ashe cinematic this year, Archives has been the only thing pushing that forward.

8 Likes

This sounds awful. No thank you

12 Likes

They are too busy league. ordinary players do not care about them.

1 Like

I dont think so, thanks to the serious character, the OWL got big sponsorings and it was on big tv channels.
I heard that ca. 30.000k viewers were needed to make the league a succes. Well it got way more than that.
Outside of esports, the OWL is seen as the most quality esport format.
If it would be like the WWE, it would be just another esport format, like all the other

2 Likes

Why? So people can complain even more?
If they talk about X, complain they dont talk about Y
If they dont talk, complain they dont talk

Its a no win situation in this forum 90% of the time. We got what we deserved.

5 Likes

Theyā€™re now Sombra main, beware of ā€˜BOOPā€™ from behind!! :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Are we just gonna ignore the dev stream they had literally days ago?

1 Like

Hey all,
developers are allowed to communicate with us, they just donā€™t do it that often because they are working, or they donā€™t want to make a promise they canā€™t keep.

ā€œAll of our developers are free to post on these forums. Very few of us actually do because itā€™s extremely intimidating and/or time consuming. Itā€™s very easy to post the wrong thing and make a ā€˜promiseā€™ to the community that no one intended to make. Once we say weā€™re working on something, weā€™re not allowed to ā€˜take it back.ā€™ Itā€™s set in stone.ā€

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/10/overwatch-director-says-its-scary-to-be-open-with-players/?comments=1&post=34087175

13 Likes

Which is a kinda fatal design point. Whoā€™s going to care about OWL if no one wants to play the core game?

9 Likes

Wow thanks, Iā€™ve been looking for this exact quote for some time.

1 Like

Dunno, I mean Blizz never had a problem with longevity, I mean people still play D2 lol. Then again, they had no corporate overlords cracking whips and screaming MORE!!! eitherā€¦

7 Likes

is it that hard to give regular updates about what they are working on. i get it that they cant work on everything. but knowing generally where the game is headed would be nice before it blows up in our faces.

2 Likes

They tried. It didnā€™t go well.

2 Likes