I decayed 4-5 divisions again in all roles lol

I’m not sure if that is a bug. I played a lot in season 3 so I’m pretty confident that I minimized any decay or delay enough.

Did anyone else experience this?

13 Likes

I dropped from Master 1 to Platinum 5.

This must be a bug. If this is not a bug then Blizzard has once again managed to fail horribly.

No wonder that people are complaining about the Matchmaker when they throw people all over the place.

12 Likes

Same here… masters to plat…. Like how?

4 Likes

yes I decayed from masters 4 to diamond 2
FIX NEEDS TO HAPPEN NOW

3 Likes

I went from diamond 3 to gold 4

2 Likes

I see this already is discussed in the bug reports, so we’re not alone

2 Likes

imgur.com/a/JsH2Lof
so after message says no derank, instant derank occurs.
great example of whatever they say, the opposite is true.
since this is the 4th season artificial derank is allowed,
we know this isn’t a bug but rather deliberate deviousness.

1 Like

Same thing happened with me.

Organized by game type (and role), peak, finish, where I was ranked for rewards:

Open Queue: #467 (top 500), Masters 3, Diamond 2
Role queue: [Tank] Masters 5, Diamond 1, Platinum 1
Role queue: [Dps] Platinum 5, Platinum 5, Gold 1
Role queue: [Support] Masters 4, Masters 5, Platinum 1

What the heck is with that?? How did I drop 600+ SR (Master’s 5 to Platinum 1 is 6 skill divisions)??

Why was my rank that was rewarded Diamond, when I finished in one role and in open queue in Masters???

I didn’t even get the Master’s title card!

1 Like

Your rank was horribly inflated

Your rank got matched closer to your MMR. If you dropped your rank was inflated. If you were raised then, congratulations.

1 Like

i have always been gold throughout overwatch’s lifespan but i just hit platinum on support with moira since thats all i played the last 3 seasons. funny enough i got to plat on another support in the past… brigitte :wink:

was gold 1 but it kicked me up to plat 4

utter fiction. inflated how? by what measure? since this is the 4th season artificial deranking has occurred at start of each season. if you’re going to lie, be good at it.

2 Likes

h ttps://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/11ti6nv/starting_next_season_your_rank_icon_will_match/

Cant post links so i need to space them

Sorry you got trolled by blizzard.

unofficial nonsense. whose to say it didn’t already match? you’re out here guessing. i get it.

1 Like

What rank were you in ow1 may I ask?

Jesus, I’ll find the other posts for you

This would mean rank is not only catching up to MMR, but exceeding it. That wasn’t communicated anywhere (yet). It’s hard to tell currently

other unofficial guesses. we get it.

read my post on the topic, it isnt decay, the game just tried putting your rank to your mmr
About wrong ranked rewards - General Discussion - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)

Its official quotes from blizzard. Ig thats unofficial to you.

the devs said this is what was happening