I am a "Professional" Overwatch Coach AMA!

Yeah was more a hint, that i might contact you through discord :grin:
But first i need to upload a game or make a usable replay.

2 Likes

Do you coach ps4? (might seem stupid question, but I donā€™t know logistics of how you coach).

1 Like

Iā€™m not a coach ,but have experience on console. I think if you want to climb in support try using Brig. She is similar to lucio but somewhat better. People might say itā€™s cheap to play her but their is no denying that she has good stats.

2 Likes

I canā€™t play brig and get even 100 total heals if I tried :sob:
How do people play brig???
I literally can play all healers and do a good pocket mercy but I just canā€™t play brig or zen If I tried.
HELP.

1 Like

Thanks. Iā€™m focusing tank for now.

Iā€™m doing real bad this season on support. Massive skill inflation this season. My friend, miles better than me, has dropped from 2700 to 2300 this season.

But pretty sure I can climb on tank. But got various issues I might need a pro to resolve.

1 Like

First off you need to Identify the fact that the enemy team is playing dive. That means that for no reason should your supports not be right next to you. That means that either they need to be next to you or you need to be next to them before the fight even starts. Often against a dive there wonā€™t be much ā€œspaceā€ that needs to be held anyways. Because they just jump right past you anyways. So as long as your not holding multiple people at a choke you should be peeling. Now if its only like 1 person on a flank peeling isnā€™t even necessary.

Yes I do coach PS4. You can just send me a Replay Code to review with you or you can always stream your matches.

Brig healing is all about landing packs properly and proking inspire. If you arnā€™t healing enough try watching healbars and making sure that you arnā€™t packing mostly full targets. And try whipshotting off of cooldown to try to hit an enemy. This will start up your inspire.

Well hello there. No, I wasnā€™t smurfing. I climbed from Bronze to Platinum without any coach. Which means, I was playing and got better at the game. Which means, I am not going to make a rocket science out of a game unlike many idiots do and think itā€™s a skill and get ā€œonline gloryā€.

But, I really love your kind. I really do /endSarcasm.

1 Like

Itā€™s funny you mention Ethernyetā€¦ Iā€™m currently coaching him and a couple other silver players and theyā€™re climbing. He definitely makes some mistakes but his junkrat play is actually pretty lit for Bronze.

1 Like

Reports has no actual desire to climb or he would. Ethernyet actually has been trying and is moderately successful. Just needs a little more coaching.

3 Likes

Tboogy do you know who KarQ is? You are in one of his videos where he plays with sure four who is an OWL player.

How much play time do you have and do you still enjoy the game?

Everybody wants to coach today in Overwatch. I am very interested how many are still playing this game compared to before.
It is always funny when people complain about this game. They say something critical and a coach or gm or some other deity comes out of somewhere to teach some low level that he should git gud and everything is fine.
You dont have food: eat cake dude. It is something bothering you in game? Git gud. Pay me for coaching and your become master or gm in a week.

Always funny to see some coach in a venting post with the proverbial: oh you complain about matchmaking let me analyze your game. LOL I can analyze a gm or top 500 game and can spot flaws but I will never become one, I know my limits.

If you want to spend your hard earned money for a tip or two that may or may not help you go ahead but know that even if you improve after having a coach most of your improvement was due to your attitude change and own skill improvement.

I want any coach to say: yes matchmaking is bad but you can improve. Instead on this forum and community we have people that are cheerleaders. They made it to the top, which is pretty commendable but forget that not everybody wants to be there. Most of people wants to be rewarded when they play good and lose when they mess up.

Instead a lot of games that you play in Overwatch competitive is luck: How many leavers you have, smurfs, new accounts etc etc. It is true that these things are in every game but is also true that in every game you have coaches that just because they are good at playing the game think they can teach everybody else.

Bottom line: ow coaches are like televangelists on your tv. If you want to get good, play play a lot and even more because with this matchmaking only a very high amount of played games can bring you where you wanted to be. It is true for your skill and it is true because the predictability power of this mm is 0.

Edited for Language by the Moderation Team.
Forum Code of Conduct - Blizzard Support

It is not you who was the smurf. It was the original poster of that thread. Yeah, thats right, the guy who was trying to help people had his DPS in bronze and necroed that thread to boast about it.

1 Like