How Would YOU Change Mercy? 🤔

She ought to have a funner ultimate or earn her rezes like one, instead of a static timer.

Not that she ought to be a priority right now or anything.

Quite a simple change really:

• Revert Mercy. Have her Ultimate be Resurrect.
  • Tweak her ult to have LoS, make her vulnerable to the usual CC, and give her damage reduction instead of the invincibility buff she’s had in 1.x right before her rework. An alternative would be to also make it function like McCree’s Ult, where depending on how much the crosshairs are fill up, she is able to successfully res her target with that percentage of health (10% filled = 10% of their hp restored).
  • Make her E move Either Pacify, Halo, or a watered down version of Valkyrie on a cooldown. Abilities for Pacify and Halo explained below:

New Basic Ability - Pacify:

• After a .5 second wind-up, Mercy launches a single hitscan attack from her left hand.
  • The projectile’s hitbox size resembles that of Symmetra’s secondary fire.
  • The projectile deals no damage upon impact with an enemy. Instead, it applies a debuff that reduces the base damage dealt by the target by 33%. 100 damage is reduced to 67 damage before other damage amplifiers/reductions are factored in.
  • This debuff lasts for 4 seconds.
  • The projectile does not persist once it hits an enemy. It is only able to affect one enemy for each use.
  • The projectile is blocked by barriers, Defense Matrix, and Particle Barriers. It can be deflected by Genji’s Deflect ability.
    10 second cooldown. The cooldown begins after the ability is cast.
  • There is a .25 second wind-down time after Pacify is launched.
  • During the wind-up and wind-down times, Mercy is not able to use her staff, her pistol, or Resurrect. She may use Guardian Angel, however.
    Does not affect non-player entities and constructs (turrets, Rip-Tire, Supercharger, etc).

OR

New Basic Ability - Halo

Mercy places a biotic halo over a single target for 3 seconds which prevents the hero from taking fatal damage (keeping them alive with 1 hp) and converts half of the damage taken into health.

• This ability has a 20 second cool-down.
  • The move has a 1.5 second delay before activating, so the target must be alive for the 1.5 duration before receiving the health from their halo.
  • Heroes with halos do NOT receive healing or damage boosting from any support when Halo is in effect. Halo is only activated through Line of Sight.
  • Note: (I.e. A hero with 200 health that receives a halo before taking 200 damage, and stays alive with 1hp for the 1.5 duration, receives 100hp back as health). Heroes that have Halos cannot be healed or damage boosted, and only one Halo may be used at any time.

Certainly that would be my idea of a perfectly engaging, fair, and fun Revert + Rework on the hero. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

6 Likes

Valkyrie:

• Removed.

Resurrect:

• Removed as a basic ability and placed as Mercy’s ultimate ability.
  • 15 meter range.
  • Line of sight requirement. Does not apply to destructibles, payloads, or non-fundamental map obstacles that are too small to actually obscure a player. In other words, none of that BS where a player can move behind a lamp post to evade a nuclear explosion.
  • 1 second cast time. Basic movement is unrestricted while casting, but all attacks and abilities are disabled for Mercy during this time.
  • If Mercy is stunned or killed while casting, Resurrect does not activate and Mercy loses all ultimate charge.
  • All living allies within range and LoS of Mercy once the cast time ends receive a burst heal of 150 HP. Mercy also receives this burst heal.
  • All dead allies within range and LoS of Mercy once the cast time ends are revived at full health and receive 2.25 seconds of invulnerability (same as current Resurrect and Resurrect pre-rework).
  • Mercy does not receive invulnerability upon Resurrect’s activation.
  • Resurrect does not require dead allies to be activated.
  • 1625 ultimate charge requirement (the same as Mercy 1.x’s Resurrect).

Most importantly, this takes Resurrect off one of Mercy’s basic abilities and places it into a position that matches its ultimate-like behavior. On top of this, various trade-offs were made to the ability to allow for the healing burst and the introduction of a second basic ability.

The healing burst, post-rez vulnerability, cast time, and LoS requirements all incentivise using Resurrect to revive 0-3 players rather than 4+ players. Attempting to use it on four or more players runs a greater risk a failed resurrect attempt due to the cast time. If Mercy manages to use Resurrect, there is a greater chance that she missed some allies due to the LoS requirement. If those two drawbacks do not drag her team down enough, there is also the fact that Mercy is vulnerable post-rez while her teammates are still reviving.

The healing burst and fire-at-will mechanics on Resurrect make the ability more flexible and open up some unique uses for it. For example, Mercy could use Resurrect to grant her team a burst of healing in the middle of the teamfight to keep their momentum going rather than waiting for an ally to rejoin the fight after being killed and revived.

New Basic Ability - Pacify:

• After a .5 second wind-up, Mercy launches a single hitscan attack from her left hand.
  • The projectile’s hitbox size resembles that of Symmetra’s secondary fire.
  • The projectile deals no damage upon impact with an enemy. Instead, it applies a debuff that reduces the base damage dealt by the target by 33%. 100 damage is reduced to 67 damage before other damage amplifiers/reductions are factored in.
  • This debuff lasts for 4 seconds.
  • The projectile does not persist once it hits an enemy. It is only able to affect one enemy for each use.
  • The projectile is blocked by barriers, Defense Matrix, and Particle Barriers. It can be deflected by Genji’s Deflect ability.
  • 10 second cooldown. The cooldown begins after the ability is cast.
  • There is a .25 second wind-down time after Pacify is launched.
  • During the wind-up and wind-down times, Mercy is not able to use her staff, her pistol, or Resurrect. She may use Guardian Angel, however.
  • Does not affect non-player entities and constructs (turrets, Rip-Tire, Supercharger, etc).

Revert mercy, bring back to 60 hp, and move Rez to ult, rez solo heroe.

One of two options:

• Pre invulnerability resurrect rework, add damage reduction, line of sight checks. Maybe try an ult decay if it ends up abused again?

• Remove rez, give Valkyrie more of a ‘burst’ impact (similar to transcendence) so she could have more impact and thought with her ultimate usage - though IDK what her E would be.

• Mass rez back as ultimate with added LoS and cast time
  • E ability: Angelic ascending. Similar to Pharahs hover jets, a huge vertical jump with a help of her wings but during the leap, shes invulnerable to any cc effects
  • Healing buffed to 55-60 HP/s
1 Like

lol the devs would never do that, that would break the hero so much it’s not even funny. Mercy has always been able to look around while healing, its a core part of her gameplay and fits in with her constant use of movement/flight around the battlefield. Nice troll lol

In Custa’s interview about Mercy he even talks about why it’s so important that she CAN look around while healing.

Lucio doesn’t need to directly look at people to heal them, neither does Zen, neither does Brig, Moira’ heal is AoE and leaves a HoT, her orbs can be thrown out of her LoS and continue to heal, Ana has a long range and a scope which allows her to maintain teammate LoS easily. A beam-connect hero should never require direct LoS, Mercy is supposed to be constantly scanning the battlefield and searching for low health targets/souls to rez/people to fly to.

2 Likes

Rez on ultimate, single use. No slow down. “Heroes never die” wind up before ult goes off.

Cleanse effect on E. Dispells stuns, slows, roots, ailments (venom from mine, discord orb), etc. would have a lingering effect for a very brief time (1-2 seconds) that worked purely on Mei’s slow (or any other slows if they’re added)- simply to avoid “oh heir being slowed. CLEANSE. Oh they’re still being slowed” situations.

I’d start with a 10 second cooldown and go up or down from there.

GA left unchanged.

Primary heal would be more dynamic. The “straighter” the beam, the more healing she would deliver. 3 distinct phases, with distinct visual enhancements at each stage, similar to syms beam.

The weakest would be when the target is near the edge of, or off of, the mercy pkayers screen.

If they were in relatively the center of the screen (think of the circle soldier sees whencusing tac visor that targets need to be in to be locked on, give or take)- the beam would ramp up, growing in visuals / intensity- doing more healing.

If mercy was aiming relatively ON the target (with a tolerance similar to what Moira’s attack does), beam would be at full power- doing the most healing

This would give the player an active aspect to their primary healing that gives a mechanic to reward- while still allowing her to function similarly to how she does now.

Others posted it already or made their version of it but I am lazy so here have a link.

No wait! That one was wrong… here try this one instead.

3 Likes

This brightened my day :joy:

1 Like

What is funny is that people still believe she is useless.

Put the current rez to her ult. Get rid of Valkyrie.
Make guardian angel slower, on longer cooldown (maybe removing the need of a target to work) or reduce her self heal.

• Remove E
  • Remove Valkyrie
  • Q now has a 0/1000 meter over it. You get one charge of single target instant rez by healing 1000 health
  • Able to hold 3 charges maximum at once

Buff Valkyrie…so that it’s more “impactful”…more of a burst thing then the “drawn out” one we have now…stronger but shorter…or change it all together for something new…no revert…leave her base kit alone

I want a rework tht’s a half rework so to speak (it’s still recognizeable as Valk Mercy)

FIrst things first Remove rez from E

Next up we alter Valk, the short answer is this. Remove All the Aspects of Valkyrie that are not fun and player controlled
This Means No More Chain Beams, half duration and no more bonus to her self regen.
IN return we buff the single beam to somewhere between 120 and 200 HPS and her Damage beam to I think about 40 - 50%
Next we give her her single target rez attached to the Ultimate Key while she’s in Valk
New Rez will have 2 charges and will have a cast time that can be managed mid fight without cowering
My idea for this is somewhere between .4 and .8 seconds (For reference .8 seconds is the cast time of Sound Barrier from ground level.) and no or very minimal reductions to her speed.

Next because Mercy 1.0 was weak because she lacked mid fight potential and that’s why she was D lister the moment Ana could be playedWe GIve Mercy a Manageable E ability

There are dozens of idea’s floating around, mine is one I call Biotic Shield
Cooldown : 8 - 12 seconds
Duration: 1 - 2 seconds
Mercy’s beam target gains a 20 - 50% damage resistance and immunity to all negative effects, this will also cleanse current effects from the target
(Also for those worried about Console, this ability will only be avialable during her Staff which means we can put it on the unused Reload button)

So there you go, there’s my proposed rework, please not that anywhere I had two numbers seperated by - it means that is my proposed range and I think the proper balance is somewhere between those numbers

Remove rez, healing back to 60 hps.

What do you mean?

Valk is fine.

If anything, it would be raised to 55.

1 Like

Awww these are the types of forum jokes that are funny.:joy:

1 Like

id remove her angelic descent passive so that pharmercy doesnt exist

Valckyria must be removed altogether. If mercy remains without an ability on the E, that’s fine.
To the question I answer: Mercy 1.0 but with the modified mass rez. There are many ways to change it. This rework is a failure not only for mercy but for the whole community.

1 Like

MAYBE 55hp/s
right in the middle of right now where apparently her winrate is still decreasing (haven’t checked recently) and just completely outhealing every healer in the game. As for Valkyrie, I would leave it as is. Don’t really care for how not fun she is or isn’t because I have fun with her and I’m the one changing mercy.

1 Like