How to master Valkyrie (an ez guide)

I wouldn’t be opposed to the cleanse including a bit of invulnerability. We just need to make sure we don’t run into the same problem as her current E where it is so dominating and strong that you need to do crazy things like give it a 30 second CD and a cast time and make her vulnerable when using it. All these requirements mean that she has no mid fight capability apart from healing beam and GA because pulling off a rez mid fight in the thick of things is suicide.

The whole point of the cleanse is to make it weak enough that it can be used often without all the other nonsense giving her more engagement. She will need to think about the capabilities of the enemy team and the vulnerabilities of her team to get the best use out of it.

Lmao i’m done with this. Just give her huge rez back and every revived target will appear with nano boost and give her some 80, no, 100HPS already.

Hiding for a team res one one variation of over 30 ways that you could use res. This variation was mainly used to bait out enemy ultimates, something you wouldn’t outheal anyway, to then bring the team back in an attempt to tilt the fight in your favor. It was actually a very interesting strategy that was not always used every single game by every single Mercy every single time they had res. It was used for about 1/4 of her resses.

Mercy is even more brain dead now because there is no strategy to playing her. You don’t have to think about anything you’re doing besides survival and “is that body safe to res? Yes: res. No: don’t”.

How to use Valkyrie: is the enemy pushing with lethal ultimates? Yes: don’t use. No: use.”

That’s it. It’s solely an engagement ult.

Mercy 1.0 wasn’t perfect, and hide-n-res was a playstyle, but it was not THE playstyle. She took a lot more thought because her ultimate could be wasted, messes up, or used at the wrong time. It had so many variations that could either save the fight (no matter how many players ressed) or do nothing and you lose the fight anyway. It was a lot more interested because Mercy was forced to use her skill to stay alive, especially if they weren’t hiding. That was exhilarating. You didn’t have an ez Q to just fly away to stay alive. That isn’t fun or engaging at all. Taking away thrill, adrenaline, and danger makes a hero extremely boring and stale, which 2.0 did exactly that. People aren’t complaining just because they want Mass Res back, they want the interesting and exhilarating Mercy back.

2 Likes

That’s Mcree.

Valkyrie can turns a lot of teamfights to your favor, is just you are soooo used to negate every TF with pressing Q.

Thanks! I was wondering what i was doing wrong. I never realised i could make more coffee during use of Valkyrie!

This should improve my Mercy play in the future a lot, since i can now have enough coffee to survive the depression caused by Mercy rework.

2 Likes

If you play her like a heal bot, then yeah she is.

No, it means she is A healer. In a game with 3 main healers and 3 off healers. If you completely discredit her utility and neglect the fact her new ultimate is a great offensive tool to support your team, that’s on you personally.

Moira has less utility than Mercy. You don’t see people claiming she’s “The healer”, When all she’s got is healing, damage about the same as lucio just to maintain that healing, and an overall worse escape.

Except Moira can damage and heal at the same time unlike Mercy doing only one at a time, usually sticking to heals so they can live.

Guardian Angel and Valkyrie don’t care if you’re holding a pistol or a staff. I don’t see the point here.

What’s hard to understand. Most of the time, Valk is used to keep the team alive with her chain heals. She can either heal them or damage boost them. Moira can damage and heal at the same time.

Pharah tends to be an easy kill to a Valking Mercy. Just fly higher than her. That puts her at a serious disadvantage. :sunglasses:

That isn’t what she should do, but it is something that is easy and I have done it several times :joy::joy::joy::joy:. I only do it when my team is on high health though.

Mercy was always braindead why does it matter if they made her more braindead?

They actually gave good mercy players that have game sense a buff with valk and the nerf to ress is still fine for good players who know when to use it and know how to combo with the off tank.

The problem with old ress was simple it did not counter skill it counters players combo ults together which is what this game is all about if your team made the mistake of all landing inside a grav and getting team killed then you should not get a 2nd chance its the reason why they are also nerfing zarya to not get these as often they want players to be punished for missplay.

Mercy is not The healer she is a healer whos gimick is been able to fly and have very fast burst mobility while been able to ressurect.

Ana is been able to stop the enemy team from healing and having a sleep dart.

Brigitte is able to stun tanks and flankers.

zen discord orb and the MAIN defence ult of all supports.

Lucio speed boost and the best engagement ult for all supports.

Moira can damage and heal at the same time yes but that is her kit she was a mistake to put into the game she just does high aoe healing and is great with multiple tanks.

You dont understand how powerful valk damage boost is at the lower ranks it can win team fights just from the tanks damage with firestrike and a high charge zarya is pretty insane thats without counting the dps.

Only reason mercy was nerfed was because she could outheal winston and keep zen and snipers alive if they buffed winston it would be broken and he would cleave entire teams so this was a good change.

Actually it is when no one on your team cannot or chooses not to counter a free roaming Pharah. Then as a Valking Mercenary it now becomes your duty to shoot her out of the sky. :airplane:

But losing a main healer to focus a Pharah isn’t that good. Hitscan DPS or D.Va should be able to kill a free roaming Pharah easily.

Should. But sometimes you’re the only one there.

Moira has to do damage just to heal, what is your point right now? If you want to get overly technical, Moira only does the average amount of damage lucio does. Real game changing right there.

I was talking about her ultimate. Not once did I mention about her base kit. Regardless, Moira does more base healing than Mercy, she has AoE healing, has balls that heal and her heal charges up fast anyways.

Oh okay, if we’re going by ultimate. Moira can do both, but is limited to a straight line.

She has 30M range and it’s easy to hit people.

30m range… in a straight line. Unless everyone is grouped up together in a grav or caught in a choke point, mercy and moira still both have pros and cons to their ults