How Many of Y'all Are Planning on Watching OWL?

Couldn’t be me, surely.

I’m already rooting for Hangzhou Spark and of course Shanghai Dragons.

Its still a unrealistic enviroment of play, playing with the same 6 people for months in advance after months of practice is not what happens on ladder…

1 Like

Why are people this naive to continue to harbor this belief? That only happened in the early stages to help get things up and running. There is a different team now that oversees OWL and our team sticks to balance, design, lore.

When I’m not working and a team I care about is playing.

So maybe I’ll tune in once a week?

I’ll definitely watch the highlights of each match on Youtube.

Nope. I find watching individual streamers on twitch to be much more enjoyable, since its in a first person perspective on just the hero you want to observe. You can actually tell what’s going on, unlike OWL matches which are just a blur

1 Like

Just read the notes. First impression is you’re overreacting but we’ll see. Reaper could get very scary. I am happy with GOATS being gone both from pro play and comp play. Obviously tanks have to remain useful. Based on the description of the armor change I’m not sure what to think, doesn’t seem like that big of a deal but it’s very unclear to me. Not sure about the D.Va change.

I love the OWL, and I’m sure as heck rooting for my team the Philly Fusion! <3

Free entertainment, I don’t care what people have to say about it

Not me, i’d rather play the game then watch and even then i barely feel like playing it anymore, especially after their next OWL bandaid update to the game.

2 Likes

nah, pro matches are honestly dull to watch.

also kinda funny people trying to bring up the two separate dev teams while ignoring the fact that game update for lore and such came to crawl around the time OWL launched but hey, that’s probably just a massive coincidence :wink:

1 Like

Watch? Very little.
Have it on in the background to collect free tokens. Yeah, why not?

1 Like

I’ll be there logged in for tokens.

Watching, no.

I’ll be watching. #GreenWall

I’ll be watching Reign matches.

#WinforDafran

Lore has been a crawl from the start. The marginally better rate at first I find just as likely to attribute to the game having been recently released. Are the writers employed per “project” or something and they needed to save money for the OWL? There aren’t two separate dev teams. There are special units, and most shouldn’t have anything to do on an exclusive basis with the OWL. The only argument you can make is that Blizzard needed to pump a lot of money and people into it, different kinds of people I’d imagine, which resulted in reduction of the core staff and resources. None of you know this nor can you point to anything either in the OWL or in the game compellingly suggesting the OWL took the focus off the game.

Watching for the tokens, but that’s about it.

can’t wait! love OWL, love esports… been looking forward to season 2 for a while!

2 Likes

Nice to see Blizzard getting their viewership numbers with the tokens though. That’s just great. I suppose it still reflects interest in the game if people bother, but it affects what the numbers mean.

There is a higher chance of Sombra seeing more playtime in the next patch, I hope.