How Many of Y'all Are Planning on Watching OWL?

One, what efforts are you referring to? Hero balance? Can you people at least drivel explicitly rather than assume that we’re all up to speed on the normal drama? Yes, I’ll tune it. I may well sour on the game, but at least I’m happy I won’t be watching GOATS because then I actually would’ve stopped watching.

I got deeply invested into the Shanghai Dragons the last OWL season because I hoped they would win… That dream was shattered so who knows if I’ll be watching this next season xD

They’ve had pretty much the entire team dedicating everything to the league instead of making the game better.

2 Likes

I’m hoping it fails so Blizzard realize they wasted too much resources on owl and will shift their attention towards the actual game desperate to make back all the money they lost

3 Likes

If GOATS is being played every game still, definitely not going to be watching.

New twitch chat rules are going to make it even easier to stay away from.

1 Like

And you know this how? What exactly is the entire team doing for the OWL that they aren’t doing for the game? I’ll be honest, aside from the lame skins, I’ve seen no indication of them doing anything for the OWL. Not sure if that’s a good or a bad thing.

The lack of communication, lore updates, and balance updates are the result of them spending all their time setting up everything for the league.

2 Likes

if my mains (Sym and Sombra) get a few games of playtime maybe I will pop in to take some notes other than that no.

So the writers are running on treadmills to accumulate power for the OWL server and balance has nothing to do with the OWL so the balance team is doing what exactly? As far as communication goes, that’s not time-consuming. It’s not atypical for chatty developers to get disillusioned and to move away from communities, hence what you’re thinking of as less communication.

I was originally excited for OWL since Toronto and Vancouver got teams. I was even going to buy points to get some of the OWL skins. But after the PTR patch, I do not plan on watching OWL or making any purchases.

1 Like

I will. I watched quite a few OWL matches last year and found them quite enjoyable. Hopefully this year will be the same.

1 Like

Do you think the devs can’t do anything outside their specific field? It’s not that hard to understand. Effort has been put into preparing for the league-- organizing, planning, etc. They only have so many people. Communication didn’t just lessen, it completely stopped for months.

2 Likes

Dang, what did the ptr patch do?

Not me. Boring. Wish they would just work on the game.

3 Likes

Because they have so many people they specialize to do their jobs particularly well. You’re basically talking out of you a.s.s.

They have two different teams working on them…

And yes I will totally be watching.

1 Like

In my opinion, they made a bunch of changes catering exclusively to OWL in order to kill GOATS and make it more fun to watch. GOATS is not the most exciting meta but the PTR changes are really the wrong way to go. They basically nerfed all tanks (but Zarya) by making armor not as effective. Dva’s matrix got nerfed (it feels really clunky to use now.) Brig got nerfed. Reaper will be near unkillable with 50% lifesteal.

Basically I won’t ever be tanking or supporting again if these changes go through.

Here is a link to the actual notes:

4 Likes

Right with you, if it’s goats every map, every game then owl gets my middle finger

1 Like

I wont

Nothing of the skills they show there are real

Even 6 bronzes can do that well in a enviroment with 0 ping and playing with the same 5 people every day for months in advance

Its unrealistic

1 Like

sorry but no. That’s just not true. Bronze players have no idea how to synergize, plan or make callouts like OWL players do.

Regardless, I definitely won’t be watching it. Simply boring imo.