How is Mercy's super jump not a bug?

Do the devs just not know it exists or is it something they intended to be in the game? If it’s an intended feature, then it should be made in to one that’s easier to do.

I don’t have a problem doing it, so this isn’t a “git gud” thread as I got it down after practicing a lot, but if they removed Genji’s super jump, Brig’s super jump, etc, then why does Mercy have one?

They should just make it so you can double tap jump for extra height on your jump, linked with the guardian angel ability. It would be a really nice buff for Mercy to get her some proper utility so her kit has more depth.

2 Likes

It is a bug which they have kept in as a feature, it’s pretty well known.

19 Likes

They haven’t acknowledged it exists as far as I know. If it should be a feature, then it should properly be made in to one. Abilities aren’t supposed to feel gimpy, so just allow her to double tap jump for a super jump.

It fits her kit anyways as she does have wings.

It needs to be made in to an official feature, otherwise we can see it removed on a whim, similar to how Mercy’s damage boost working on Hanzo’s ult was a bug and removed on a whim.

6 Likes

she will be probably completely unplayable without this feature (devs called it feature, just like widow rope jump)

7 Likes

Ngl I don’t use it often I think it’s really situational as, using it puts you out in the open air where a decent sniper can get a perfect shot at you.

I honestly wouldn’t mind reverting several things about her, namely her guardian angel movement and removing the super jump and bringing back the solid 60 HPS.
Then making some other changes to her kit. I really wish she’d get an E ability and a different ult but honestly wtf do I know.

We’ve all proposed so many Mercy ideas it’s kinda pointless to even say anything at this point

2 Likes

How is Doomfist jumping in mid-air after he punches not a bug?

A bug is unwanted output in a system.

A feature is desired output in a system.

These movement abilities, while unintended, were deemed features.

Yet Moira healing through barriers for a year is a bug, apparently.

3 Likes

I saw some mercies doing it recently and assumed it was a bug, soon to be patched

I don’t care what it is, it makes her better without downside.

1 Like

Devs know about it. But probably don’t want to remove it, for threat of Mercy mains going nuclear about it.

Honestly, I hope it stays. It adds more depth to Mercy and makes her less… dare I say simple.

That’s why I say just make it in to a feature that’s easy to use. Like the double tap on jump.

I’m all for heroes having more depth in their kits, especially ones like Mercy and Brig.

1 Like

I suppose it’s not really a bug because technically everything’s working as expected.

From my understanding, what happens is since Mercy flies to the center of mass of a teammate, when you crouch, that center is above you, so you go upwards to meet it, then use the bunny hop to just keep going.

My guess is that since it’s not like the other super jumps where momentum wasn’t properly cancelled, and in fact the momentum cancel is a feature of the bunny hop, it’d be really messy to try and fix that without screwing up her normal GA, so they’re just leaving it for now.

5 Likes

Because brig super jump allowed her to dive the enemy. Genji ledge dash made him go extremely fast, too fast for him. Mercy’s on the other hand requires an ally to pull off, and is very hard to do so. Also it only propels her in the air

You can easily dive the enemy with Mercy’s super jump. See around 5-10 seconds in to this video a good example of diving a Widow with it.
h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_GG33zXiJY&t

It was a bug. They cleaned it up and made it more consistent to execute, it’s definitely a feature.

1 Like

Because it’s good for mercy and part of her kit. +It raises her skill ceiling.

1 Like

This. Mercy needed something to improve her skill ceiling. She actually has some of the best and most flexible movement tech in the game along with Lucio (just less independent).

Watching high level streamers like Animetic or pro players shows just how important bouncing and super-jumping are at the very top of the ladder. I’m super biased because GA has always been my favourite part of Mercy’s kit but I hope they never change it at all.

1 Like

Even if it’s made into an official feature they can still remove it on a whim.

there are many, MANY things wrong with this example

1. mercy is a passive healer, she really isnt supposed to do damage unless she needs to

2. the widow was an idiot and had horrible positioning, and didn’t even notice the mercy

3. In a normal engagement, the widow would be far away. Then the widow would easily pick of the mercy

4. Widow is one of the only heroes mercy can kill. The others are zen and ana

5. mercy has to sacrifice healing for getting a pick

Genji and brig can and are supposed to kill people. They used their tech to get kills. Mercy super jump is used to get away for a few seconds and stay out of the fight. I have never seen a mercy use it to kill someone in a game.

Going in the air =/= diving. Diving normally means moving foward, not up

It’s a bug but enough people complained about it being a bug and not a feature that it was made a feature.