How is D.Va suppose to protect in the "mid field" if D.Va can't even protect players past the shield

How is D.Va suppose to protect people in the front-line going past the shield when she’s “playing in the mid-field.”

The current D.Va cannot consistently peel for players who get hooked past the shield. And that’s the issue. D.Va’s range nerf ruined her, she can no longer eat gravs consistantly now, because there’s a gap between her feet during defense matrix where you can aim it at her feet and she doesn’t eat it.

D.Va needs a full defense matrix range revert, or a partial, 13m or 12m. D.Va use to be the best peeler, and now she’s not even played in ladder. How does a character, go from a really strong tank pick, to a niche pick? and people think that’s fine because she had her “time.”

How is that fair? Why do you think it’s okay to let characters burn into trash because they got played in a lot of metas because they are strong characters? Like come on!

D.Va was the only hero to leave Goats as a non-viable tank.

Currently, I have been questioning this. Why was D.Va the only tank to become the least viable on ladder? Zarya and Reinhardt were still really good after Goats, and yet, D.Va was sitting in the back as one of the least played heros in every rank.

She currently, is at her lowest again, sitting by mei and sombra, as a tank.

Tanks aren’t suppose to be heavy niche picks like D.Va. Heck, D.Va wasn’t even a niche pick, she just got nerfed heavily into oblivion, and the D.Va haters only response is, “Well, she’s fine in Dive so she’s fine.”

Dive wasn’t even played with D.Va!!! It was played with ZARYA more, because D.Va was worse than Zarya, which we all know! And guess what, were back to double shield.

19 Likes

Realistically, devs did all those Matrix changes for GOATs and haven’t adjusted back since.

Additionally, why would you use D.va, when Sigma does almost the same job, but has more utility and actually hurts things at range.

22 Likes

I don’t think Zarya aiming to get the grav around her counters is a bad thing. You could always just aim lower and still catch it after all.

D.va still needs a moderate/moderately small buff.

Exactly.

Now in 2-2-2, Zaya’s pretty much run around, with no threat of getting their ultimate eaten.

A lot of ultimates are now buggy because of the missing matrix range.

Yeah, a defense matrix range buff.

1 Like

Zarya’s always ran around with almost no threat of their ultimate getting eaten because there are so few ways to deal with it, and the ways to deal with it have always been not too hard to work around.

1 Like

That’s why we give them harder counter play, buffing matrix range :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d rather they just made Zarya harder to play, she’s braindead easy to use. Her skill set amounts to aiming and cooldown management, so unique :roll_eyes:

Her gimmick of charge management might as well not exist since it’s so stupidly easy to maintain.

2 Likes

Yeah, I guess. But D.Va still needs some buffs.

Defense matrix range would be a great way to start.

2 Likes

It’s weird how they haven’t changed all the goats buffs and nerfs back tbh. Like…why not?

3 Likes

Because she might be ran in goats in open queue and we can’t have that

1 Like

Goats can’t be ran anymore.

Since brig can’t sustain that much.

It works in Masters

See 10 meters sounds like a lot but it’s practically point blank in a game like this especially with a character as big and slow as D.va.

Boosters can’t compensate for that imo. In fact I learn Hammond of all characters can outroll Boosters so idk I hope they improve something about her

1 Like

When actual melee characters like Brig & Rein have ranges of 5-6 meters, I’d say there’s no “practically” about it.

4 Likes

Open Queue is now effectively “That zany arcade mode from a bygone era”.

And the only reason it really exists currently, is because it’s an effective “heatsink” for excess DPS players.

For real.

Open que isn’t taken seriously, diamond is legit top 500 on there.

Please blizzard, bury your grudge against her, triple tanks and GOATS was never her fault. Treat her fair. Enough is enough now.

1 Like

Only because damage is so high. It never used to be this easy to hold charge back when barriers were strong and damage was lower.

That’s not true at all

Zarya has more charge because they made her lose charge 25% slower than she used to, not because damage has supposedly gone up or barriers got weaker. Why would barriers getting weaker give Zarya more charge overall?

Because that damage isn’t going mitigated by barriers, it is going directly into her bubble when popped.

1 Like