How is Doomfist one shot capability OP but widowmaker isnt?

Widow is NOT a hard hero. She is a point and click hero with little to no skill at all to master. It is not difficult to learn how to aim with widow. She is a point and click hero.

She sits on the highground at the most safest spot and literally clicks and does a ton of damage. She can charge her 1 shot extremely quickly and her bodyshot damage is actually insane

1 Like

You can dive the widow. Winston/D.Va give her problems. Any genji could take care of her pretty easily. There is plenty of ways to outplay her. Doomfist has counters in Sombra. Roadhog is so easy to get hooks on him, especially after he ults.

ALmost like aim is a skill that translates well across multiple heroes in a FPS.

3 Likes

depending on the map and depending on the elo.

I am strictly talking about at a grandmaster / top 500 games.

The main point of this post is, you canā€™t call doomfist broken / OP if you donā€™t say anything about widowmaker. The amount of skill betwen the 2 heroes is huge.

Simple, it isnā€™t.

The difference for most with Doomfist is that his one-shot doesnā€™t take precise aim (the fix/nerf was poorly done but the hit-box was indeed pretty ridiculous in the beginning) and heā€™s also highly mobile with heavy CC and a lot more likely to feel ā€œoppressiveā€ for a wider range of ranks. Also, for much of the playerbase, Widow is generally easier to counter (Doom has loads and far harder counters in reality, I know) with relatively lower effort.

Is there hypocrisy? Definitely. But people are more used to snipers, and while I definitely donā€™t agree with how Blizzard has treated him, Doom is admittedly more frustrating on average.

3 Likes

144hz monitor, 300 fps, low sensitivity, learn to aim. widow op. easy master elo just by learning to kill people with widow.

i can be safe to say that i generally have decent aim but widows zoom in sensitivity feels off to me but when I Get slightly use to it i can easily pop off with no skill to her.

Lol top 500 problems. Any top 500 player will make any hero look op to us plebs in lower ranks. Iā€™ve had a GM Zarya smurf carry a 5v6 against my team before. Anything they touch becomes op.

Just chiming in to say I watch your vids. Thanks for making content I enjoy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

his RP is pretty hard to hit, you can AD strafe out of it if you are charging at someone from a medium distance.

Doomfist was ā€œopā€ for 1 season and he gets a nerf. widow has existed forever and no one says anything.

Sheā€™s not a difficult hero, she is purely a aim hero with general gamesense like positioning

Doomfists one shot is highly situational. And does require either hitting your shotgun (which is a projectile btw) or hitting them against a wall with a long charge up. Also slam doesnā€™t bring them towards you so thereā€™s no easy way to hit uppercut.

i mean i can pick sym and go to bronze and hard carry and make bronze players come to this post and complain that sym is OP.

this thread comes from where people play their heroes at the full potential

i can go to bronze with dps mercy and carry games does that mean mercy is op? no. you cant just go dps mercy 24/7 at GM and carry games.

and literally half the time you rocket punch someone they just slide on the wall and take no impact damage lol.

Ok you can buy me the monitor and PC

I think it overall comes down to the background and level of work a player can get out of either character.

One is based entirely off of reaction time and precision to one shot.

The other (to do it consistently) is based on positioning, patience, and timing.

I can do well on Doomfist (even now), but I canā€™t do jack with Widowmaker.

I do well as Doomfist because he relies off of a lot of things I had to practice in Fighting Games. Widowmaker relies off of just mechanical skill from FPS games at the very core (which I donā€™t have as much experience in).

3 Likes

RNG too, canā€™t forget doomfist is RNG

Same here. OW was my first shooter on PC and Iā€™ve always loved Doom due to that aspect. Iā€™ve mostly stopped playing him at this point in favor of other heroes, but Doom is still my favorite (even though many despise him and curse the day he was added to the roster).

If weā€™re talking about RNG because of the surface they hitā€¦ Then I donā€™t knowā€¦ There are some things I kind of learn and pay attention to that I shouldnā€™t try to RP someone into and think the RP is going to do all the work for damage.

I donā€™t know map names, and Iā€™m not about to take the time to figure it out, but there is one where there are a lot of curved consoles on the capture pointā€¦ I donā€™t bother there because of that factor.

Again, same mechanics learned from playing fighting games. I didnā€™t anticipate a corner combo to catch the person if they werenā€™t really in the corner, I donā€™t anticipate a tricky/odd surface/object to connect for RP to one shotā€¦

A lot of the frustrating parts of this concept comes from the fact that doomfist requires one of the most amounts of skill to find success with after the nerfs (and lack of bug fixes) and then you have easier heros who do what people complained doomfist did, and they do it with less skill, effort and bugs.

4 Likes

Adapting your play to compensate for poor/inconsistent mechanics on a character you like doesnā€™t change the fact that, in some instances, the mechanics shouldnā€™t be that poor/inconsistent in the first place, imo. :stuck_out_tongue:

this basically sums it up for me. im out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The RNG besides punch is the fact that slam and other abilities have a high chance to do no dmg. Also Ult is worthless for killing if that hasnā€™t been mentioned.