How did Rialto ever make it past playtesting

One major problem for me is the little bridge after the first checkpoint. It gives the entite defending team high ground. Also it’s a great spot to boop people off the map.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter much anyway since in comp both teams switches sides.

Point 1 is probably the easiest point to full hold on in the game, narrow streets with environmental kills are a massive defender’s advantage, you practically have to get the whole team to flank right, win the team fight and let the respawns pick up the payload. Add railings to the bridge like on point 2?

Point 2 doesn’t have a good flank path for characters without vertical mobility, but that is minor.

Point 3 is too long of a walk, I think you could reduce the attacker’s respawn time in order to make up for the distance?

1 Like

This sounds about right to me (not that I understand map balance, I’m just a filthy casual). The only time I’ve ever been stuck at the first attacker spawn is during Mayhem (and this was just yesterday). Otherwise things are about 50/50. It definitely feels like one of the better maps and I really enjoy it, from the design to the setting itself. Venice is a special place to me so I was really excited when I found out Rialto was becoming a standard map. :blush:

There are three bridges you can cross outside of the initial attackers spawn. If your team decides to use only the main bridge in the middle and they lack the mechanical skill, hero choices and positioning to break through and refuse to use the other flanking bridges then all I can say is git gud.

2 Likes

The sight lines are too long allowing for easy defense from difficult to contest positions.

It’s funny how to me Rialto is one of the best maps

Hated it at first

Actually learned how to play Junkrat on it

1 of my favorite maps even though it’s Pharahmercy territory with how open it is.

A dev response that isn’t Michael Chu??

4 Likes

this made me laugh :laughing:

I was surprised too. I figured they were all on vacation. Only thing I’d seen on Bliz tracker lately was mods closing threads.

Honestly love Rialto. Still hate getting HLC. Hope they don’t change it too much. :E

Why don’t you allow more flanks around the Canal? It seems pretty underused and only accessible to two or three heroes… :woman_shrugging:

I thought it was Bastion on cart fest.

Pave the canals at low tide?

1 Like

I like this map a lot…

Its just you. I’ve pushed the payload to the end, had it pushed to the end on me…more times than I can count.

Can we get more KOTH maps please?? PRETTY PLEASE???

1 Like

I really love Rialto, my second favorite map. But it’s true it’s a little hard to attack

In my opinion this map is GREAT not only visually but also in playability i feel like i can pick any hero and do well.