How did Rialto ever make it past playtesting

Did you just round down .88?

2 Likes

Noo. Not you too! Please stop, the numbers don’t deserve this treatment!

Horizon Lunar colony winrate was out by only 5% and recieved huge amounts of changes. 8% is ridiculous when you take that into consideration

No one has looked up from a newspaper since 2005. I think you mean…

1 Like

i love this map, i atcully only find that the last point needs work. i always get there with a ton of time…just can never get it to the end.

the attackers spawn is so far away the D’s is steeps but the worst part is you have multiple chokes to try to battle through as well as high ground to take, and walled flanks you need to push past and hope no one is behind.

with the defenders being able to push up so far to hold, you have to win 2 team fights in a row to take last, as well as the stagger fight.

In my opinion it is a great map, I only find 2 spots hard to pass as an attacker. The first turn after the bridge and the chokepoint just after the second checkpoint. Other than that, it’s a fantastic map and I’ve found use of absolutely every character there

Me too.

Can you please also look at 2nd point flank route on the right side of “teatro del cante opera”.
Reaper and symmetra cant use it for some reason (they cant tp on top of the small wall). There is a very similar flank on dorado 1st point and its usable by both reaper and symmetra.

1 Like

I like this map, I prefer Eichenwalde but I don’t hate it, it’s good.

And in my games the first point is usually took like in the las 1m30sec, and then in 60% they stuck under the little bridge at the corner close to the stairs. So for me techniqually defenders win more often.

I thought his post was pretty clear.

1 Like

Rialto for me is Kings Row 2.0 and I enjoy Kings Row

I played A LOT of Retribution too so it was one of the few new map releases that I got used to very quickly.

Rialto is in my top 3 best New Map additions I’d say along with Oasis and Eichenwalde after the two changes with Point 3 no longer only having two tight corridors to enter and the First Attack finally having the music room as a second option other than the one bridge choke and the side flank that only a handful of heroes can reach.

I like Rialto, but you are right in that the beginning bridge for attackers is a really dumb forced boop zone

The third point lacking of high ground is why it’s so hard for attacking. cuz when you go in, there’s no way out and no where safe, stalling is really easy with mei and tracer cuz everyone will be on low ground so spamming damage is enough.

no to mention if there’s a sombra or doomfist, there’s no way to avoid in coming ult for both of them.

i win that map more than any other. I lose Hollywood an awful lot though :tired_face:

7.12% is not that much of a difference. Considering that ranked is a mirror match to see who wins.

I also won 3games on Rialto last night. A big part of winning on this map is mobility.

The final point is all about cutting off defenders before they can regroup. So Tracer, Doomfist and Genji work very well along with a barrier tank on the payload with the supports Plus a dive tank to help cut off defenders .

That should help you.

As for the 7.12% variation, that is not a big deal. Effectively it means who can break a strong defence more effectively wins, not that “defenders win”, its a mirror match in ranked.

Blizzard World.

That map sucks.

I like Rialto.

1 Like

Did you forget about Temple of Anubis?

cough cough Junkertown cough cough

How much of this can be attributed to teams playing Mei on defense in lower ranks? A LOT of games in silver-gold I or someone else will play Mei in defense and the offensive team don’t know how to deal with it - it’s not uncommon for the payload to never get around the first corner. Given how easy it is to use this strategy and the attacking team fails to counter it, does this explain the low offensive Win-rate? Like, if you were to exclude all games where Mei is picked, do the numbers change significantly?

None of this is a complaint - just an observation. I don’t believe this even needs to be addressed - players simply need to learn to counter it, which is not at all difficult to do - they just don’t.

Step in the right direction, it’s actually hard for organized teams to push at times with correct defensive setups. Mostly in scrim environments