How did Rialto ever make it past playtesting

I’m sure you have better stats but ime Rialto second is easier to hold than most payload maps. I love the map as is but I’d be ok with an additional flank route in that building just past the bridge.

Really wish it was at night not day :expressionless:

I’d love if the maps had day/night and weather changes like in WoW instead of only changing a bit for holiday events. Definitely would prefer developers work on that over more sprays and goofy skins :neutral_face:

Mr. Kaplan, could something be done to make Hanamura less frustrating to attack?

I really liked the modifications made to Eichenwalde’s choke points, and was hoping the same could be done for Hanamura. The boxed-in feel of Hanamura point 2 makes it especially aggravating to attack in casual play, since it demands more coordination just to get in the door than what many quickplay teams possess (especially on console).

Please don’t touch it. Lunar Colony was a step backward.

1 Like

Anubis is close to 50/50 the last time they posted. That’s all I can ask for in a map, to not feel screwed over because I got placed on the wrong side. The rest is learning to adjust.

1 Like

Hanamura has close to a 50/50 winrate the last time they posted, any modification to it would make it unfair. I play on console and a lot of people refuse to use any attack route but the main choke. Jeff cannot cure stupid.

2 Likes

I actually really like the look of Rialto, mainly because I also loved the look and feel of Canals when it came out in CS:GO, that said, it does seem kind of unbalanced and it easily a significant number of my friends least favorite map.

A couple just today, yeah

But the games are always horrible.

I mean, the games are lopsided anyway with the matchmaking the way it is (that’s a story I don’t want to get into right now) regardless of map but this map in particular stands out to me as just being a tedious slog trying to get the payload anywhere.

I don’t have this experience with any other map, except the first point of Hollywood… that’s cancer city there, too… but again, that’s to be discussed another day

Any chance we can get more stats? 42% is an okay stat, but there are so many more variables in play that could make the map better or worse depending on the situation.

Jeff we all love you but please, please be more active on the forums.

4 Likes

I like it. There are lots of flanking routes that make this map fun to play and fun to defend (not easy, challenging and fun).

also, my team has been able to stop the payload soooo many times. Maybe you are just mad cuz bad?

Without going into too much depth, I think it’s a fun map.

Maybe I am just lucky. I have won about the same numbers on attack with that map as I have lost.

If you are getting spawn camped - USE IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE. You have a massive spawn advantage. Switch up your team comp and come out focusing on one target - kill them and now you have numerical superiority. For every one of them you kill, they have to respawn and run back. For every one of you that dies, you just respawn and walk back out to join your team.

If you are spawn camped - DO NOT TRICKLE OUT. Go out as a team. If your team gets wiped, then you better change up your comp to counter what they have right outside your front door. You have the advantage of ducking back into spawn and swapping. They have to die, respawn and then run back to counter.

Lol. At times I wonder if you hear yourself talking.

5 Likes

You mean the changes you might implement aren’t perfect and out of line? Or that the 42% win rate for attackers isn’t out of line?

I mean, what?

2 Likes

A dev reply…? ON THE FORUMS? FROM THE LEAD D E V? HAS A MIRACLE HAPPENED

Would like to see a Rialto only map in the arcade once in awhile…I see no reason to hold these things hostage for new maps alone.

Heck, you could even have one slot (a new slot) dedicated to one single map every week. Just regular quick-play. It’d help make getting lootboxes more enjoyable, and would let people actually get better at certain maps.

Just an idea, though…

1 Like

~𝕯𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕺𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖗~

1 Like

I want more responses from Jeff but on different types of posts!
…And Rialto is a good map.

1 Like

So when we getting our Junkertown fix?

So, my only change (and I’m sure the 8% swing will vanish) Make the damn Checkpoint B Spawn-Room just a lil’ bit closer to the end goal - right now, Checkpoint A you spawn right next to the checkpoint (Maybe a few meters away), but checkpoint B you spawn at almost the mid-way point of the path… which makes the run back very long, giving a huge defenders advantage.

This is literally the only thing I would dream of changing on this map, because otherwise it’s beautiful.