How did Rialto ever make it past playtesting

I like the map actually, but i can see how attacking feels a bit harder than defense.

4 Likes

For the record, I /love/ Rialto, and have won both attack and defense many times.

I can imagine attackers have a lower winrate than defenders in general (across all maps) so its not 8% under the average but only maybe 5-6% under the average winrate for attackers.

Keep in mind that “8% under 50%” is 16% difference between the two sides.

9 Likes

By the way Jeff, can we get a developer update anytime soon? I feel we need it, because it feels like many are disappointed with the summer event.

11 Likes

That map is one of my favorites, and the payload has made it to the end many times.

Retribution.
There is your answer to how many time is was tested. So much that there are 2 variants of it.

No, he has posted before and most of the maps were pretty close to 50/50. Eichenwalde and Horizon Lunar Colony were the outliers, but they weren’t as onesided as that Rialto figure. It did not stop HLC from being reworked though.

1 Like

People struggle with the payload on the last checkpoint. The walk is too far is the problem unless you get lucky and ult kill key enemies.

3 Likes

Jeff, could you tell us the figures for the other maps?

All the new maps are garbage

Horizon Luna = bad (both sides , Sniper fest )
Oasis = Mediocre and annoying
Junkertown = The worst map in the entire game (Sniper fest)
Blizzardworld = same than Junkertwon (Sniper fest)
Rialto = Sniperfest, choke points everywhere.

No new maps have been fun to play for me, none of them.

5 Likes

Strange, cause I’ve always had good luck with this map. No matter if I was attacking or defending. All it seems like is that you had a couple of bad games on the map and you’re just venting here. Which is really not recommended considering on how many people can turn on you for making post like this.

Don’t those stats mean that the map is even worse than Horizon Lunar Colony EVER was?

5 Likes

WE GOT A DEV POST PogChamp

4 Likes

Horizon and Oasis are my two favorite maps in the game. :slight_smile:

The others are meh.

Finally a dev post from Jeff senpai!

I love Rialto. Like Illios well, it has a sort of micro-meta that mixes things up. That’s refreshing to me.

I can understand where the hate comes from, though. It’s pretty frustrating when your team won’t adjust tactics.

2 Likes

I actually love Rialto, it is my favorite map :c

2 Likes

This map can’t be the worst in the game because there’s already a three way tie for that title. Horizon, Blizzard World and Anubis

what about eichenwalde

2 Likes