Higher skilled heroes are getting punished, by easier heroes

With season 10 upon us I have to say Im not impressed.
Hanzo and Brigitte are storming the competitive servers, pretty much pushing heroes like Mccree out

The current Hanzo is pretty much the buff, that Mccree will likely never get because of blizzards hate towards him, plus Brigittes bash is what Mccree should have had from the beginning of Overwatch. he is not an effective antiflanker since Genji and tracer will easily dodge or reflect his flashbang and bullets, not to mention he is garbage at staying alive, unless the caduceus staff is shoved up his rear end.

I dont think its fair that heroes who requires the most skill, are being treated as pushovers by the Overwatch team.

16 Likes

Hanzo takes skill what are you talking about?

3 Likes

with the new meta Ive seen players having 3 hours on Hanzo playing in masters using him, with no hours on him in the previous meta…

1 Like

That doesn’t really mean anything. Hanzo is a pretty straight foward hero, aim and postioning is the main thing that matters with him and that easily transfers from other heroes that are about aim and positioning (McCree, for example…)

If they had good aim on any other hero then it’s pretty straight forward how they would preform, except it might a bit harder for them since Hanzo isn’t hitscan and actually requires more aim and prediction than usual.

2 Likes

I play Symmetra (as Main) on Master. That means im high skilled guy.

1 Like

Hanzo has one of the smallest weapon hitboxes in the game so i’m gonna go out on a limb and say he takes skill.

1 Like

Hanzo used to requires a ton of skill now he is simply a Mccree with no drop off to his dmg.

1 Like

That arguement while it sounds nice in theory, like others have pointed out doesn’t make sense when you think about it. Should Ana counter half the cast because she’s high skill including Genji/Tracer? Guarantee you that it takes MUCH more skill to kill an Tracer/Genji as Ana than the roles reversed.

Dive in general would have to be drastically nerfed as their mobility makes it easy mode compared to others without it. Before others claim I’m saying Tracer isn’t high skill, that’s not what I mean, but you can’t deny that her mobility gives her an insane advantage in a lot of situations.

2 Likes

But how does he require any less skill than McCree? His weapon isn’t even hitscan and requires prediction to kill people at ranges McCree is weaker at.

4 Likes

she’s shooting redwoods instead of arrows atm, you can aim at a heroes chest and score a headshot, he really doesn’t need skill right now only skill needed is keeping out of sight/alive

2 Likes

Yeah but with his projectile speed, he is basically a hitscan now anyway, plus his arrows hitboxes are still bigger than the hitboxes of the bullets mccree doesn’t have.

3 Likes

Hanzo takes much more skill than McCree. Sorry but you still get amazing Headshots at medium range at a MUCH faster rate of fire than Hanzo.

Also with Brigette she has to have her shield up. With McCree you cannot tell if he has stun grenade up.

Stop trying trying to convince yourself you are so better than everyone cus you play McCree. McCree has been better than Hanzo for a long time. Just because people are trying out a new character doesn’t mean you can whine.

1 Like

Hanzo hasn’t shot redwoods from his bow for about a year now. His arrows are tied as the smallest projectile in the game with Genji’s shuriken’s.

1 Like

lmao you are wrong then I have been messing with him and those hit boxes are huge atm

1 Like

Unless you want to provide some proof for your claims I’ll take a developer reply over yours for now.

Hanzo’s projectiles haven’t lived up to the size the memes portray ever since they got reduced in size a long time ago, and if you played Hanzo you would actually know this because a lot of his shots whiff because people moved 1 inch or your crosshair was a pixel off.

4 Likes

First, mccree is only good at medium range. Go a good ten meters farther, and the size of his hitmarkers drop exponentially.
At close range, all he has is RNG no-headshot-half the screen crosshair nonsense and a dud of a flashbang that’s on a 50 hour cooldown.

Brigitte can pull her shield out, stun you, and put it away faster than it takes roadhog’s hook to come back to him.

McCree has never gotten anything besides a gun. literally. His ultimate is a community joke, his flashbang randomly decides to not work, and when you get to the “combat roll” you realize that his entire kit is built to work against him.

2 Likes

His arrows are still the size of large base balls. Compare that to 10mm round – yep, that’s about the size of a hit-scan bullet, and the difference is HUGE.

Not taking hanzo’s side here, but since when have arrows been the size of 10mm rounds?

1 Like

Mccree also doesnt counter anything any flankers anymore, in the first seasons Mccree was fine, then flankers have learned to outplay the only playstyle Mccree has.

2 Likes

This is a terrible comparison but it is an example of what this thread and others are complaining about.

Ana shouldn’t counter Genji/Tracee because she’s high skill, but she shouldn’t be objectively worse than Mercy/Moira.

The issue isn’t about counters but about there being very little reason to play high skill characters when the lower skilled options are objectively better. Ana compared to Moira, Hanzo compared to McCree.

This game started off with a good balance between the easy and harder to play characters but everything these days are not only casual friendly but the harder characters straight up have no place.

2 Likes