Higher skilled heroes are getting punished, by easier heroes

Exactly – the way OW’s engine handles projectiles, Hanzo’s arrows will always have a much larger collision surface / diameter when benched against hit scan point detection.

EDIT: If Widow’s rifle round were ever given the same effective diameter as Hanzo’s arrows, then the game would be renamed “Widow Watch”

1 Like

McCree’s status during season one is an invalid piece of evidence, he was literally the best hero in the game then, it’s just that most of the new heroes released since then counters him in some way, or doesn’t affect him.
Sombra:Countered by mccree, but no one picks her enough to care
Orisa: Shields and fortify? McCree can’t do anything against that.
Doomfist: Melee Punch combo annihilates stereotypical 200hp no shield heroes like mccree
Moira: She can do just about the same damage as mccree at medium range. And SHE’S SUPPORT
Brigitte: Do I even need to speak?
Hanzo(come on, he’s basically hero 28 at this point): Completely invalidates the remaining strong points mccree had, officially deleting mccree off the roster.
McCree isn’t so much as getting nerfed, but as other heroes get stronger, he’s left behind in the dust.

4 Likes

And after a few months of toxicity, the game would then be called “Throwverwatch”

2 Likes

The harder heroes have a place, they require you to be really good, not ok good, if all it took was someone to be ok at a high skill hero, that its not high skill required, its mediocre skill required. At that point why have low skill heroes if they are trash picks?

I don’t think you understand what skill requirements are. Brigitte, Torbjorn, Mercy. Those are all heroes you can just pick up, but still play effectively with, regardless of rank. High skill heroes require more skill to play effectively as, but can still be played at medium skill. They just won’t be useful. That is why overwatch players these days are complaining about teammates pressuring them to play low skill heroes that they don’t want to play.

1 Like

I know what high skill requirement is, I just don’t believe high skill requirement is a get out of jail card for I should be relevant at all times.

Storm Arrows is like Fan the Hammer with:

• no accuracy penalty
  • no damage falloff
  • no reload required after

…and it even deals more base damage than Fan and can CRIT!

Sweet baby jeebus… :eggplant:

2 Likes

No they don’t. Even someone who is amazing on Ana would be better off going Mercy or Moira most of the time if your team needs a main healer.

There is zero reason to play McCree over Hanzo right now.

1 Like

Judging by your post, you’re a salty McCree main. Maybe you should learn how to flex and counter people. If they’re so low skill and high reward, then you should be able to dominate, Mr.MLG.

1 Like

i agree with this. but Autoaim and spam is apparently more enjoyable than that dink sound of a headshot.

1 Like

hanzo takes as much skill as mercy right now.

1 Like

i recently re-found the sirlin ptw book article “the scrub” yall should all go read it.

McCree hasn’t been relevant since season 1. Its not that he needs to be relevant at all times. He’s just never been relevant since the beta.

In every comp game now, it’s always a Hanzo or Zarya or Brigitte. It’s annoying being a Dva main lol

Yea but D.Va has been relevant for almost 5 seasons, and she’s only been falling out recently because of the dive comp’s crash and burn

Oh well, I still try to play her lol

Yep. She’ll get her turn eventually xD

All the comments I’ve read on this thread, just blaming hanzo for Mccree being weak. He needs buff sure, why the blame on hanzo no skill.

Also if Hanzo projectile that fast, he would have been a counter to pharah. Apparently not. Mccree still does that job better than him.

Again, mccree needs buff. Don’t blame hanzo, he just got buffed after 2 years of a troll pick. If you’re good at aiming/positioning, he’s your hero just like mccree.