Hey healers, if you are going to play

Yes and because we dont have that lettle extra healing i die as a tank, the whole point of a tank is to block damage during a team fight, make room and NOT DIE, if my healers are not healing me the tank dies and no longer blocking damage, why is it so hard to understand, tanks and healers are the ones rhat NEED to stay alive, Dieing tanks and healers means both are not doing their job, that D is K/D for tanks and healers should be 0

Stupid Lucio is always on Green!!!11 :angry:

Sure, it’s not hard to play support when the enemy team don’t know to focus you, can’t manage Ults, don’t know how to bait your Ult etc.

The bottom 40-45% of the playerbase isn’t a good place to base relative difficulties on.

Actually, I’ve experienced healer insta-lockers who do exactly what OP is describing. When asked if they’re DPS’ing, they say yes. Especially Lucios who are only looking for ways to boop people to unlock his achievement.

Ask them to stop soft-throwing and actually heal the team. When they openly refuse they’re eligible to be reported for gameplay sabotage. Players like this are always incredibly dense so weeding them out is the only effective way to not have (soft-)throwing happen in your games

But if i picked 5th dps you would have complained too.

As one person pointed out the folks who should listen to this 1) aren’t on the forums often, and 2) don’t care. I have been amazed at how proud some DPS Moira’s are and unrepentant about being DPS… but some Ana’s are just as bad.

Was that Sombra played by someone called RobotWizard?

If not, that is a hell of a coincidence.

“healers, if you play, then heal” okay got it fam, already do that. What now

I cant hear you im rushing that widow who will kill me 10 times before i finally get her once and then act like its a huge deal and im going pro

1 Like

Maybe pipe up and say you need healing. It’s hard to be omniscient. And don’t be one of those toxic jerks in chat that mocks the healer when you die. Unless you want to keep dying.

Also if you’re not doing a good job as a tank then healers are just not going to bother with you and focus on the players that are contributing.

I’ve seen a lot of zaryas in my day get absolutely melted repeatedly, and i’ve learned when to let go of them. I love the zaryas who know exactly when to use their barriers. They never die.

Support mains love healing. It’s people who fill that don’t. Like I had a mercy who was damage boosting me when Winston dove me instead of healing and I died. I could have yelled at them but they were probably filling and did not know how to mercy properly

I call BS, I am a Dps Main and I heal better than most of my support main friends.
For me it is always about doing your job so the team is most effective.

Sure thing

Im also not plat im actually t500

/s

When you are so bored that you must post to make up for social inadequacies,

1 Like

actually hurt

Ya got me xoxo

Well, generally you should be healing the tank if they’re under direct attack. However, sometimes attacking is still better, for instance if the tank isn’t able to effective fight their attackers (like Rein being flanked for instance). You have to judge what is best for the team at any given time.

There are definitely times when healing will do nothing but prolong death but aggressively entering the teamfight might actually win it.

This is why you are in Silver. That is the function of a tank in a WoW dungeon, not in Overwatch. A tank (and supports) in Overwatch do not have the sustained survival and replenishment to facilitate the RPG tank role.

The function of a tank in Overwatch is to create space for their team to position themselves to gain the necessary angles to effectively win a teamfight by eliminating key members of the opposing team rapidly.

Engagements are about 1-2 kills, forcing the remainder of the opposing team to retreat or wipe. The tank has the short term survival to make the space for their team to get the picks they need to get to force the win.

This is why Lucios for instance, will often peel away and take out say, a Widow, or to push a team through a shield at the right time, being a character who often doesnt require space to be made to get where he needs to be, he is often a key component of an effective engagement.

Furthermore, his value in assisting the tank to set up and get into the spacemaking position us why you see so many higher end Lucios using speed boost more than healing, as they are facilitating the spacemaking role of an Overwatch tank, not the “take all the damage and survive” role of an RPG tank.

Generally when these threads come up, invariably it is predicated upon someone getting frustrated trying to play an RPG style tank function, but Overwatch isnt built for that, at all.

4 Likes

I don’t remember the player’s name, sorry. It was on Havana, in the little room to the right from the defenders’ view in the front part of the fort with the partially rubbled entrance.

Protect me from flankers and stop running from my healing while having a HIT ME target on ya body for the enemy team while you are on 1hp and we can talk

As others have said, ask for healing, often even solo healers cannot keep tabs on everyone specially when the team spreads out.
Even when huddled I struggle to heal someone (Mercy) because someone else in the team is in my way and the one needing healing won’t go abit out to safety for me to target them.

Also not fun being healer when you get flanked a lot and noone comes to taxi you even after saying someone is flanking so yes I will go Moira and yes, the team will run away from my healing orbs and still spam healing not understanding I need to recharge, TYVM.

Look out for ya healer(s) specially those who went solo healer just to shut players whinning on their team.

1 Like